• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

AirDodge

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I think you guys are missing the point of this. Airblast is very non cannon AND it wouldn't even be possible in the Avatar world. So yes it should get deleted if this move or any replaces it, and if people complain about it getting removed they can get over themselves because it is and OP move that doesn't make any sense.
If you're saying that the whole ability should be removed from airbending arsenal than no. Without AirBlast, airbenders would have nothing to use apart from airswipe, and we don't want the make airbenders only defense approach based. Airblast is canon, but not the jet theirself aspect. Airblast should serve as the first funadamental ability for airbenders.

Air blast: A more offensive maneuver involving a direct pulse or jet of strong wind from the hands, feet, or mouth. The force of the attack is generated more from the bender's own power, rather than assisted by momentum. The blast can reach further distances with greater accuracy and is used to inflict greater damage. Aang once used this technique to completely shatter one of the Fire Navy's projectile rocks in mid-air with a single powerful kick.[6] He was also able to use two air blasts at once to defend against Combustion Man's unique firebending ability.[7] The blasts can also be upheld for prolonged periods in order to push objects back. The airbenders of the new Air Nation demonstrated this by simultaneously attacking Kuvira's enormous mecha suit.[8] Take from The Avatar Wiki

Last edited:

runefist

Verified Member
I think you guys are missing the point of this. Airblast is very non cannon AND it wouldn't even be possible in the Avatar world. So yes it should get deleted if this move or any replaces it, and if people complain about it getting removed they can get over themselves because it is and OP move that doesn't make any sense.
Like I've said, I completely agree with you, but people will start whining till you put it back.

runefist

Verified Member
I kinda dislike all movement abilities of bending. Surge will shoot you 100 blocks far, catapult does the same, the only time I've see Toph shoot herself that far with catapult is in the comic books... And when she did it, they were afraid of their lives, if they missed appa they would have simply died of the fall...

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
You cannot know where you might be sent to flying if you fail at it - either to a pool of lava or on a wooden roof.

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
I just think AirBlast is a really fun move and would be disappointed if it was removed. Not everything is about PvP! (plus it really isn't that op)

Green

Verified Member
No no no. I ment remove the part of airblast where you launch yourself. I would never think to get rid of regular airblast it's amazing!!!

Green

Verified Member
Never had I said airblast was OP.... I have said the part of airblast where you launch yourself is OP. Sorry for the confusion people.

BryanPlays

Verified Member
I completely disagree with removing the launch yourself feature. It is definately cannon, it is a big part of air, its just being able to airblast yourself straight up constantly. If they made it so that you could airblast up, then you can airblast again but not up (basically you can airblast straight up or in any direction once until you touch the ground, but if you want to you can airblast yourself again in any direction except upwards).

Green

Verified Member
And if anyone shows me that the airblast launch thing was even slightly done/possible on the show then I would change my mind, but it wasn't so have fun looking.

Green

Verified Member
Mhm and does his look like the airblast now? No. Does this look like what I am suggesting? Yes

So that did nothing for your argument.

Green

Verified Member
Lol I am an airbender xD and I use air all the time, thanks. And your blinded by wanting to keep airblast launch that you clearly don't see that him jumping isn't 100 feet into the air and he doesn't have to make a weird source thing stand on top of it and then launch like airblast launch. The mechanic on how airblast launch is, is totally not how it was in the show and would probably be impossible to do.....

And I have never said that it was impossible to be launched with air! Where do you get these things from?!?!

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
And like Green mentioned, they in the gif didn't create the puff air blast to launch themselves, and I
think that's unrealistic way to launch themselfs. To further this point, I have also not seen airbenders ever pushing themselfs from a side, they just ran instead when needed to make a quick-move away. All they did was airblast up from the surface (I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be capable to do that in mid-air, but you can correct me on that).

Status
Not open for further replies.