• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

AirDodge

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I still think that the shift ability in Airblast should be taken away and an airbender should rely on AirJump if they want that function. Airjump is JUST like the Shift+click feature of Airblast and it's realistic. I suggest AirJump is moved to Core and the shift feature is taken away from Airblast. Also, FireJet has been displayed several times by both Azula and Korra. I don't see a problem with making a move more realistic when there are multiple alternatives.
Agreed.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
VTS_02_1_1__0003.jpg ElementalFlightIroh01.jpg Jeong_Jeong's_jet_propulsion.png tumblr_na5kf87Zhi1s117juo3_500.gif

Here are several examples. I had two more but they were too large. One was Korra in the Avatar State vs Zaheer and the other was Fire Lord Ozai during Sozins Comet.

promancer

Verified Member

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Mako and Biolin vs Ghazan; When Mako comes into rescue I believe if not mistaken he didn't jump or anything like that to glide.

IceEyes

Verified Member
Let's be real here: what about catapult? How EXACTLY high did those users get with that ability? To what extent?

For the @promancer firejet argument, didn't Azule propelled herself onto another gondola from the one that was about to be dropped?
Yea but I think in the FireJet nerf thread they argued about wether firebenders should be allowed to use moves while "flying". Plus she only kinda boosted herself into the air like a rocket, but surely didn't move as crazy and mobile like the firejet we have now. But the firejet we have is needed to balance fire. And same with airblast, we need it to
balance air.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
If you checked the quote of Promancer, you'll see his not talking about that nerf. While he didn't firejet, it kinda proves that he could potentially do it while standing on something (ignitable). Oh, and speaking of ignitable, on the server I played I could firejet from while standing on snow - should that even happen?

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Iroh in the pictures I sent was using a "firejet" without any comet or special state. He was just pushing fire from his hands to propel him forward like flight. I did this several times to catch the planes and started on the ground.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Iroh in the pictures I sent was using a "firejet" without any comet or special state. He was just pushing fire from his hands to propel him forward like flight. I did this several times to catch the planes and started on the ground.
Firejet wasn't used in lok or tla to propell firebenders directly off the ground.
There was no need to prove firejet for you at all. Anyway, I gave my argument that firebenders can propel themselves either from the ground or in mid-air.

Green

Verified Member
I think that clicking with fire jet can't be activated in mid air, only on the ground. And shifting in mid air works too.

IceEyes

Verified Member
Nope, he did the same thing as mako did he hoovered but was still connected to the ground, and when he was near the plane which was about to take of he hang on to it. And then in the other scene when you see him "flying" in midair he actually just boosted himself to the other plane, he wasn't really controlling where he was going. He was manipulating his fall so he would land somewhere else. But he certenly wouldn't be able to fly upwards. But anyways, I think firejet is good as it is rn. Same with airblast.

Green

Verified Member
It's an addon of jedcore... Don't blame him for not knowing it since it's not in pk core.
That's an add on?!? Oh I have no idea I thought it was in core. And don't blame me for not knowing that it isn't in PK core....

Status
Not open for further replies.