• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

AirDodge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machi

So you're saying that air is no longer low damage output. But that is not necessarily because of PK it is because of jedcore.
Finding a server without jedcore is exceedingly rare nowadays, even in default PK airswipe is fair and airsweep is an all encompassing knockaway + higher damage combo on a pretty low cooldown for the effect

Machi

if this change to airblast is made you might aswell also :
-remove watermanip redirecting, shown in show but raises skill ceiling
-remove heatcontrol, no firebender was ever on fire in show, no proof it works when the user is on fire
-make earthbenders take fall damage
-remove fireblast charging, there was never shown a firebender in the show that had to crouch over to charge fireblast, make fireblast work without holding shift
-remove tornado, shown in show that multiple benders are required to make a tornado
-remove waterbending fast swim because waterbenders are human and humans all swim at the same speed
-make it so firebending requires coal in your inventory to use any of the moves
-nerf airbubble because it is too op, now it requires you hold shift and spam click, you must do 10 clicks per second to keep the bubble going
-make it so airbubble requires a bottle of air in your inventory
-remove chiblocking because once someone died to chi and then he got salty
-remove airbending because it was never shown in show besides aang, hes the last airbender
-remove earthbending because this is an alternate universe where badger moles never existed
-remove firebending because firejet is too strong it should only go 3 blocks far
-remove waterbending and rename it to tearbending, so when people cry when they die to airbenders they get a +50% power boost
-remove the command /bending bind because in the show they did not use commands to bend
-remove bending itself because of all the changes that ruin the plugin and make it incredibly boring

-realize that these changes are not neccesary and that the plugin was fine how it was
-realize that these changes will probably eventually happen, because after all it is pk. feelsbadman

-remove pk from your server and cry at night
I'm no lover of PK but there's not really many choices left, and since people don't really go for a balancing route it's more logical to instead try to change the base game itself to be more balanced and refreshing seeing as we will likely never go back to what once was

Sorin

Instead of a whole other move, why not add it as a passive, as well as remove the air blast pushing the user? Maybe like a double jump almost. ;)
This kinda makes me want to make a new air passive tbh, but then the problem of the airbender being able to use airblast would get rid of the use for the passive, huh? :cool:

If this was suggested before, sorry, not reading through 5 pages x'D

Last edited:
H
Instead of a whole other move, why not add it as a passive, as well as remove the air blast pushing the user? Maybe like a double jump almost. ;)
This kinda makes me want to make a new air passive tbh, but then the problem of the airbender being able to use airblast would get rid of the use for the passive, huh? :cool:

If this was suggested before, soryy, not reading through 5 pages x'D
Just create a tweak as an +airblast ability:
- Remove the airblast self-push
- With right click, this would switch the ability into this passive/double jump ability/thing
- Right clicking again would toggle back on the airblast feature and the passive will deactivate.

Players nowadays (or probably in Orion's day) have all 9 slots occupied with binds, which making this a standalone passive less used. Most airbending abilities would conflict with it, because most of them cover the 2 fundamental control's keys (sneak and left click), so overall it would better off to add a right click toggle to this move.

Last edited:

BryanPlays

I see it this way. This airdodge is literally a move that works just like airblast. The only thing different is the animation. There need to be limits to airblast. Server owners need to stop making airblast so powerful. It is not the move, it is the people making the config (except the no limits on airblast).

Green

I really like the idea of having as a passive really! It makes so much sense. But I still don't think we should keep airblast launch so....

chazpants

Bryans right. Its not the move thats op its the config for it. Even so it shouldnt be removed just add a config option for launching the player or not. Some people like it that way and have gotten to used to that for years.

Sorin

H

Just create a tweak as an +airblast ability:
- Remove the airblast self-push
- With right click, this would switch the ability into this passive/double jump ability/thing
- Right clicking again would toggle back on the airblast feature and the passive will deactivate.

Players nowadays (or probably in Orion's day) have all 9 slots occupied with binds, which making this a standalone passive less used. Most airbending abilities would conflict with it, because most of them cover the 2 fundamental control's keys (sneak and left click), so overall it would better off to add a right click toggle to this move.
Only way to track right click with spigot is if they right click a block, or they right click with an item in their hand, sadly. And how would a double jump conflict with other moves/passives? x'D
And if it does, we could also make it a super simple combo, like AirBlast holdshift, AirBlast release shift, This would make it so you would need AirBlast still, and it would also make a really nice "AirJump" that launches you in the direction you are looking, as well as config options for how high it should take you, cooldown, ect. I'll be honest, I really don't like mobility moves taking up slots, at all, and this would be a way around it, water has WaterWave, which is a combo in its own sense, so why not add "AirJump" or "AirDodge" to like AirSpout, or AirBlast, this would save a slot space, and make airbending a bit more fluid.

Than an airbender would simply
right click a block
. Why make a big deal of just clicking a block? They still need a solid surface to spring themselves of any kind of surface below them.
And if it does, we could also make it a super simple combo, like AirBlast holdshift, AirBlast release shift
It wouldn't be classified as a combo, since it is using same ability but I know what you had in mind by that.
And how would a double jump conflict with other moves/passives? x'D
- Airblast: sneak sources, left click - pushes
- Air Suction: sneak ^, left click - pulls
Suffocation: sneak kills ppl
Flight: sneak to fly, left click - hover
AirSwipe: left click - rekts
AirSpout: does everything
Tornado: enter the void...
AirBubble: lol wut? makes no sense.

Last edited:

Sorin

Than an airbender would simply . Why make a big deal of just clicking a block? They still need a solid surface to spring themselves of any kind of surface below them.
When I say right click a block, I mean there is no way to check if they are right clicking the air, at all, only left click, as right click is used to interact with things, meaning the only way to tell if the player has right clicked with coding is if they have an item in their hand, or they are looking at a block that isn't a liquid, like water or lava. So the player would have to right click the ground. :|

I get what you said, but that would be annoying, and it would remove fluidity from airbending.
Ok, I can also see shift being replacement for this as AirBlast. It shouldn't be a standalone passive, because like you said - what would the point of airblast-jetting would be then?

Last edited:

Sorin

Ability: AirDodge

Airblast in the show was one of air's main attack move, but in the plugin it is used as an OP mobility move. So something needs to replace this add on to airblast, which should be taken off of it. The move will be called AirDodge or AirJump and it will be an ability added to airblast. YES AIRBLAST LAUNCH NOW WILL BE GOTTEN RID OF.

First of you can tap shift in any direction and you will be launched 8 blocks in that direction, then while still in the air you can tap shift in any direction again and be launch 3 blocks in the direction looking. This will have a 5 second cooldown.

Also hold shift for 3 seconds and let go to be launched 15 b
locks straight up, then you can tap shift in any direction while in the air to be launched 4 blocks. This will have a 15 second cooldown.

THIS DOES MEAN THE SHIFT FOR AIRBLAST AND AIRSUCTION WILL BE DELETED BECAUSE IT MAKES NO SENSE!!!
I really, really like this.

Green

Glad you like it!!!

I had always thought that the whole sourcing with shifting was king of weird and didn't make sense, and had no point, trust me I know I have been an airbender for a long time and NEVER has this actually come in handy.

chazpants

Glad you like it!!!

I had always thought that the whole sourcing with shifting was king of weird and didn't make sense, and had no point, trust me I know I have been an airbender for a long time and NEVER has this actually come in handy.
The shift function is a lot more useful than you actually think. Things like changing direction midair with Airblast and transitioning between Airscooter and Airblast, it really isn't weird at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.