• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

1.9 is out, what now?

IceEyes

Verified Member
so now that 1.9 is finally realased i wanted to know what possible new things could be done with it.

Thats all thanks :D

jedk1

so now that 1.9 is finally realased i wanted to know what possible new things could be done with it.

Thats all thanks :D
I just played with 1.9. Everything i thought they may have possibly done right they did wrong. Basically. Nothing will change imo. They havent really added stuff that is well... usable. Its all kinda.. guff.

IceEyes

Verified Member
I just played with 1.9. Everything i thought they may have possibly done right they did wrong. Basically. Nothing will change imo. They havent really added stuff that is well... usable. Its all kinda.. guff.
Damn xD. Well i still like 1.9.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I see no new features that could benefit to the bending plugin. Except for those wings maybe, but I still don't think so. (Unless they changed some internal stuff with packets like the player positioning)

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Nothing much will really change. Besides, Spigot itself isn't out for 1.9 (I know the API is out but it will be a while before Spigot will be) so there's no real rush.

When it is, though, I'll probably be having some fun with the new glowing effect ;)

Verified Member
A year and a half for this... they did better 3 years ago when they had better features being pushed every few months.

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
A year and a half for this... they did better 3 years ago when they had better features being pushed every few months.
Agreed. I honestly don't think THAT highly of 1.9. I was more excited about 1.8 bring new speeds and optimizations xD

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I see no new features that could benefit to the bending plugin. Except for those wings maybe, but I still don't think so. (Unless they changed some internal stuff with packets like the player positioning)
How about airbenders being boosted by them, and with normal gliders from the items plugin to alter players new recent added position from the game while the bender is gliding with the glider?

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Someone suggested for the glowing effect to be applied to tremorsense. Any plans on making that? :D
I plan on attempting that ;) Mind you I will only try to make it an addon ability. I don't get to decide what goes in core :p
Depends on how good the API is, from first glances, without using packets. Its pretty much useless.
It's still a potion effect so we _should_ still be able to use packets. But you're right. The current API gives like nothing :p

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
Worth noting that our staff is still working on examining what can be done with 1.9. It may be a let down but we work with what we have!

Hope everyone is doing well!

runefist

Verified Member
Better do some research before saying stuff... They might title it "combat update" because that will attract kids... They lucky enough did WAY more than that, client + server efficiency has increased dramatically!

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Wasn't it said that particles would no longer lag players as much since they're not entities anymore? Or is that a lie?

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Wasn't it said that particles would no longer lag players as much since they're not entities anymore? Or is that a lie?
Yup, that's correct. However that means there will only be less lag client side (fps on your minecraft), since the server is still sending the same amount of information (I think).

Correct me if I'm wrong someone but I'm pretty sure it's like that.

Sorin

Verified Member
1.9 was a disappointment honestly, sure, they did some stuff for performance. But for what they really added and or changed, it really isn't that great. When you look at the progression from 1.5 to 1.6, or from 1.6 to 1.7 it was great, 1.7 to 1.8 was ok, now we get this 1.8 to 1.9 crap. This is my opinion and I know some other people like the update, but for me personally, it wasn't even a step forward for minecraft, more of a trip and fall if you will.

Don't get me wrong, I do like the update in some aspects, but from what they have shown in the past, they could have done so much better.

Edit: Anyone else feel this way?

Last edited:

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
I feel like we need new sounds, specially for Airbending. The Elytra sounds could be used instead of the creeper ones, once 1.9.1 is out. (I was thinking in using squid sounds for waterbending, but would it sound well?)
To me, this update was great! I mean, yeah, no new biomes, no new redstone stuff, but a dimension got expanded! The player can fly now! Walk on water! All brewing as been changed. Squids have sounds. Squids. Idk, but I liked it.

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
1.8 was still the superior update in my opinion :p

We had the different kinds of doors (they were better when they were full 3D models as well) and fences, Rabbits, Slimeblocks, Heads in Survival, Crafting mossy blocks, Granite Diorite and Andesite, and of course, the optimized chunk loading system :D Chunk loading in 1.8 is so amazing compared to what it was in 1.7.

Also for reference:
The first 10 seconds is all you need to see