• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

1.9 is out, what now?

jedk1

Since I was talking about server usage and yet you whine about 1 wrong usage of java. (Like I've said, maybe do research before flaming) But well knowing you didn't even know
Im still standing my ground, server side and client side 1.9 is utter shit. Idk what magical fairy world you live in but it sounds fun c:

Last edited:

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Since I was talking about server usage and yet you whine about 1 wrong usage of java. (Like I've said, maybe do research before flaming) But well knowing you didn't even know

The setGliding(boolean) didn't exist tells me enough, but well get your fanclub again to support you :)
If player.setGliding(boolean) doesn't exist for you, update your Spigot. Don't shoot down a dude when he's actually right :)

@Incomp: I actually really liked your idea. I played with it a little myself and it's odd to say the least xD I never found the event to cancel it being canceled (if that makes sense), though, so I only tried turning it on/off. Nice little find though so props to you ;)

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Wait, we have new particles! :D
How does the air particles configuration work? I think that the sword swipe attack particle could work in some Airbending moves.
I think to SwiftKick ability would be a better choice!

Although, since sword swipe resembles an attack of an air swipe (both of them cut objects), I say it might be nice to apply this particle to this air ability as well.

runefist

Verified Member
If player.setGliding(boolean) doesn't exist for you, update your Spigot. Don't shoot down a dude when he's actually right :)

@Incomp: I actually really liked your idea. I played with it a little myself and it's odd to say the least xD I never found the event to cancel it being canceled (if that makes sense), though, so I only tried turning it on/off. Nice little find though so props to you ;)
... I already have updated my server to 1.9 and added the ability to glide with the elytra's... So ye I did know about it, I quoted that guy's post because he did know about it and Jedk1 did not.

jedk1

... I already have updated my server to 1.9 and added the ability to glide with the elytra's... So ye I did know about it, I quoted that guy's post because he did know about it and Jedk1 did not.
Congratulations mr obvious on pointing out what clearly wasnt visible. 10 Points to huffle puff.

Loony

Verified Member
I mean I tried 1.9 out and can't tell no difference whatsoever with performance fixes. Feels exactly the same.

fast meme

Verified Member
Since it is not sending entity data anymore but only 1 single line of data, it is less usage for the server.
The client itself needs to visualize the particles and show them ANYWHERE on the screen, but within the borders given by the server.
Before 1.9 the server send for every single particle the location.

I hope that clarified it a bit :)
The only changed to particles (besides addition of new particles) in 1.9 is now that the client no longer treats particles as individual objects, but as one, which should result in a higher FPS as there's less load on the garbage collector. Mainly because it then has less cleanup work. (Particles are very short-lived) That change was only done on the client, there has changed nothing server-sided on how particles are handled. So there haven't been any server optimizations or even the slightest protocol change regarding particles.

If you still stand on the fact that the particle data of hundreds of particles (Particle data consists of things as: Particle type, particle data, location, speed, direction) can be turned into one line of data, please elaborate on how this works, because I haven't read such thing in the 1.9 changelogs.

People shouldn't notice too much of this thanks to Mojang always compensating it's optimizations (if it even does those) by a shitton of bloated features overloading the main thread even more than it already was.