• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion BlueFire Permission [!]

JettMC

Verified Member
BlueFire. It would be cool, gorgeous and nice, when a BlueFire permission would be added to the PK plugin.
Like: bending.bluefire or something like this. All the firebending ablities would turn into bluefire [Maybe combustion too? Nah, bluecombustion is weird.. REALLY weird...] Like a Fireburst out of bluefire. I know, I know, there'S already BlueFire in the official PK resource pack. But it would be much better when you could bend Fire, And BlueFire without any Resource pack!
-If this is not GOOD enough, there's another option:

BlueFire abilities! [/pk display bluefire] or something.... I Created this:

Element: Fire
Permission: bending.bluefire
What it does: turns firebending abilities into blue fire, and makes firebending a littlebit
stronger.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Makes me believe If it were that easy, that would be already implanted (than again, I can see ton of things that are easy have yet to be implanted or confirmed to be planned). Granted, this may have change along with what are technical limitations today and what are not, but it was debated in past that it could cause huge imens of lagging (with blue fireworks used) and devs stated that firebending particles can't have their color be changed simple through the use of the plugin without a resource pack.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
You could make "blue fire" with the use of a different particle (Splash, Reddust, Drip Water) but it likely wouldn't look like fire and would look more like water if you did that. There's no simple way to do this without the resource pack. Just use the resource pack and save the developers their time.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
You know, another possibility would be to have different moves and to have BlueFire as a subelement, just for a recognizable system.
If you want a player having access to some blue firebending moves, just give them access to said moves with a permissions managing plugin. It would also be simple to balance configuration wise.

EDIT: This could work by changing the particles to a darker blue redstone dust particle (than lightning) perhaps.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
You know, another possibility would be to have different moves and to have BlueFire as a subelement, just for a recognizable system.
That would be fair enough. That's how other elements are handled, with earthbenders having to be meltabenders to iron as sources and icebending isn't sub-element in canon lore but it does provide a easier way to disable it in the plugin for those who don't want freezing on.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
It's mainly not going to look like fire because of its lack of texturing. Water is just blue mostly whereas fire has a certain color pattern. Even in Azulas flame you can see the texturing. And that specific texturing is what separates Fire from Water IMO.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
It's mainly not going to look like fire because of its lack of texturing. Water is just blue mostly whereas fire has a certain color pattern. Even in Azulas flame you can see the texturing. And that specific texturing is what separates Fire from Water IMO.
I mean this is minecraft you're not going to get as much texture as an animated cartoon.
Not sure what you expect.
It may not look perfect, but it doesn't need to.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
What would you want as an example? I don't have a computer at the moment due to a hurricane soooo.... what can I do for you to help you understand this picture?
Ah well... perhaps when you get your computer, you could just show the shades and give the hex number of each shade that you tested out. There's no real way to describe it because when it comes to shades of colors it can get very specific.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
TBH, PK should give it a go. Just look at lighting! It doesn't even look like a lighting with those flashy sparks.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
I mean this is minecraft you're not going to get as much texture as an animated cartoon.
Not sure what you expect.
It may not look perfect, but it doesn't need to.
I expect it to have a resemblance to what we saw in the show. Even Firebending period doesn't look as it did but it uses the Minecraft version of Fire so it makes sense. There is no blue fire equivalent so we have to look else where. I just don't see it being aesthetically pleasing, from someone who has messed with the colored reddust particles before. I'd much prefer the texture pack. I don't think anything should be added that doesn't do the plugin or show justice, like this blue fire would.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
I expect it to have a resemblance to what we saw in the show. Even Firebending period doesn't look as it did but it uses the Minecraft version of Fire so it makes sense. There is no blue fire equivalent so we have to look else where. I just don't see it being aesthetically pleasing, from someone who has messed with the colored reddust particles before. I'd much prefer the texture pack. I don't think anything should be added that doesn't do the plugin or show justice, like this blue fire would.
The WORST thing that could happen is that PK just doesn't have it enabled by default so I don't see the evil in trying it out.