• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

TLA>PK, bring TLA back.

Hello, all Project Korra people.
A lot of people love Project Korra, and that's fine. But, a lot of people despise Project Korra, combos, revamped moves, and the cool-downs, ohhh the cool-downs on servers KILL me. Bending should be all about the CORE moves, not some fancy add-on ones. Well, anyways what I am asking is for somebody to update the TLA plugin to the currently used versions of Minecraft (1.8, 1.9, 1.10). Only update the version, don't add anything. This would bring a huge chunk of the old community back. A lot of people love this the old TLA it would bring back such good times, like, remember when they added to feature to Minecraft where you could go back in versions? Somewhat like that. Please consider this, a lot of people have left sense TLA is gone, a ton of people would come back to the community. For a recent example: BO1 recently became compatible with the Xbox One and the PS4, now the servers on BO1 are booming.

Last edited:
http://projectkorra.com/threads/lets-pause-for-a-moment.3868/

Nuff Said

Here's my input:
  • Bringing an old plugin back to support, which I presume for you're nostalgic reason, isn't gonna bring back the old community. If you wanna ask why, I can tell you more in depth from my perspective
  • ProjectKorra is fine, is there any point other than bringing back the old community that you assist to make the same copy compatible again with the versions that are up-to-date? You know if will be a lot of work to REDO everything that this plugin has to offer, and you'll have to wait over a year, or 2, 3, or ever 10 YEARS. Do you really assist of waiting for that long for the plugin to come?
  • Even If you ask them to make it compatible without doing that ^, nobody would like that plugin. Wanna know why? Because like loony said, it has ton of bugs, bending isn't balanced on that huge level as PK, no new mechanics and combos, and like I said - it may be a huge for them to recreate them over again.
  • Those who wanna ATLA back.... Well eff 'em! Let them deal with it :mad:
  • I hate custom abilities to, but I say it's more of a fault of pk site - it allows to share them for download to everyone, an advantage for the owners who can't code and don't know how to create one for themselves. Since, everyone likes them and removing such a thing would cause a big riot and protest, so really we can't do anything about that.

Last edited:

Sorin

Here's my take on the subject I guess:
I get that there are people that miss the orion plugin, and hey, it was pretty cool, but this is after all "Project Korra", yeah, it started out as an update to the orion plugin *I think*, but it has been updated past it, and to go back and update it again would be redundant and pointless(for us at least). There would also be the fact that we would have to provide version support for it as well as update the ProjectKorra plugin, making our work load even heavier. Another thing to think about is the amount of minecraft changes between what the orion plugin is at now, and what you want it to be, it wouldn't be a simple update, it'd be more of a re-code.

This is like asking a Chinese restaurant to serve Italian, yeah, they both serve food, but they aren't the same kind of food(Worst analogy, I know).

This is just my opinion, and you will most likely disagree, that's fine, but coming to the forum for the ProjectKorra plugin just to say you want the old plugin is kinda wack, and really won't get you anywhere. I may be wrong, there might be someone out there that will update the plugin, but, there is a low chance it's gonna be someone from the pk community.

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Hehe, trying to revamp such an old plugin is like trying to cook 3 year old meat.

Besides, I don't even know if we can legally give out his work under our name. ProjectKorra was based of TLA, I know. But releasing an actual "TLA" plugin under "ProjectKorra"...

Plus in all honesty, I doubt it will bring that many players back. TLA is great and all but and the end of the day, they both have the same concept. And all the fancy features can actually be turned off, so I don't know what you are complaining about.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
No. That's like saying BO3 is better than BO1, or remakes are better than the original. From a developer standpoint, sure it might be better. But, in my opinion, the TLA plugin is better from the gameplay mechanics.
From a developer's standpoint, ProjectKorra is better than TLA would have ever been.
Now let me explain why your opinion is quite wrong.
TLA plugin is better from the gameplay mechanics.
Gameplay Mechanics - From what I've heard and seen, TLA was terrible. You only had 9 abilities. There was no diversity, no change, nothing unpredictable. While you may like this aspect, it's not a good one. It creates very simplistic and dull gameplay that eventually will ruin itself.
despise ... combos
Combos shouldn't be despised. They add an entirely different and unique playstyle. It makes players have to think of where their abilities should be bound to and how they can use the most effective arrangement to their advantage. If someone has a problem with these, it's only because they can't grasp this concept and likely fail to use it well.
despise ... revamped moves
This is honestly a stupid one. People despise revamped abilities? They realize what revamped means, right? For those that don't, it means "give new and improved form", basically. So ProjectKorra improved something, and people aren't happy about it? This isn't just stupid, it's downright illogical and incompetent. It's childish.
despise ... cool-downs, ohhh the cool-downs on servers KILL me.
This one hurts the most. You hate cooldowns? So you liked everyone running around spamming abilities, having no concept or need to use any actual effort and thinking? I mean sure, you can still find such aspects in pk, but at least with cooldowns it becomes a better and more fair fight. And more so, if a server has a lengthy cooldown on an ability, you might try suggesting to the server that they think of a change. Pk won't control the server, it's the other way around. The server configures pk.
Bending should be all about the CORE moves, not some fancy add-on ones.
This is my final point. You think bending should be all about the core abilities? Why? I see no logical reason for this to be so. I've never gone on a server and seen a person use only addons as their binds. Nor have I seen a person use only core abilities. It's the mix of core and addon that makes ProjectKorra better than TLA. IT GIVES YOU A CHOICE. If I want to use this cooler ability over this other ability that does the same thing, just slightly different, why shouldn't I be able to? Why should someone be able to limit what I can and can't do? Not only do addons improve the experience, they expand pk, creating new possibilities and improving on existing concepts.

Bending should not be limited by such menial things as what one person thinks. There is an entire community here that would disagree with you. Do you know why? Because they are the ones who have evolved. They understand what Pk has done is greater than what TLA was. That's where I'll leave this.

From a developer's standpoint, ProjectKorra is better than TLA would have ever been.
Now let me explain why your opinion is quite wrong.

Gameplay Mechanics - From what I've heard and seen, TLA was terrible. You only had 9 abilities. There was no diversity, no change, nothing unpredictable. While you may like this aspect, it's not a good one. It creates very simplistic and dull gameplay that eventually will ruin itself.

Combos shouldn't be despised. They add an entirely different and unique playstyle. It makes players have to think of where their abilities should be bound to and how they can use the most effective arrangement to their advantage. If someone has a problem with these, it's only because they can't grasp this concept and likely fail to use it well.

This is honestly a stupid one. People despise revamped abilities? They realize what revamped means, right? For those that don't, it means "give new and improved form", basically. So ProjectKorra improved something, and people aren't happy about it? This isn't just stupid, it's downright illogical and incompetent. It's childish.

This one hurts the most. You hate cooldowns? So you liked everyone running around spamming abilities, having no concept or need to use any actual effort and thinking? I mean sure, you can still find such aspects in pk, but at least with cooldowns it becomes a better and more fair fight. And more so, if a server has a lengthy cooldown on an ability, you might try suggesting to the server that they think of a change. Pk won't control the server, it's the other way around. The server configures pk.

This is my final point. You think bending should be all about the core abilities? Why? I see no logical reason for this to be so. I've never gone on a server and seen a person use only addons as their binds. Nor have I seen a person use only core abilities. It's the mix of core and addon that makes ProjectKorra better than TLA. IT GIVES YOU A CHOICE. If I want to use this cooler ability over this other ability that does the same thing, just slightly different, why shouldn't I be able to? Why should someone be able to limit what I can and can't do? Not only do addons improve the experience, they expand pk, creating new possibilities and improving on existing concepts.

Bending should not be limited by such menial things as what one person thinks. There is an entire community here that would disagree with you. Do you know why? Because they are the ones who have evolved. They understand what Pk has done is greater than what TLA was. That's where I'll leave this.
You think "spamming" doesn't need thinking? There was so much more to TLA than just quite mindlessly clicking and shifting. There was side hitting, there was rainstorms, blocking was great. TLA is better, have you read the title of the thread? Diversity is what you like but it was the simplicity of TLA that made it so great, there were certain strategies that you had to form to take out your different opponents, positioning in TLA conquered all. Another thing about TLA was that it had an un-editable config, which is good because have you seen the amount of servers with terrible configs? Also, you seem a little pissy in your reply, calm down, it's just a suggestion. Bending now is whoever can adapt to the config the best.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
You think "spamming" doesn't need thinking? There was so much more to TLA than just quite mindlessly clicking and shifting. There was side hitting, there was rainstorms, blocking was great. TLA is better, have you read the title of the thread? Diversity is what you like but it was the simplicity of TLA that made it so great, there were certain strategies that you had to form to take out your different opponents, positioning in TLA conquered all. Another thing about TLA was that it had an un-editable config, which is good because have you seen the amount of servers with terrible configs? Also, you seem a little pissy in your reply, calm down, it's just a suggestion. Bending now is whoever can adapt to the config the best.
Being able to edit the config is one of the best things that changed. It gives people a choice and greater variety. If you think the config of a server is terrible, tell the server owner or find a different server. And spamming doesn't need thinking. Anyone can just run around spamming a single ability. It doesn't matter what you have to do to use the ability.
Diversity is what you like but it was the simplicity of TLA that made it so great
Diversity makes for more interesting combinations and match-ups. When something is simple, it's predictable. When something is complex or diversified, it becomes unpredictable.
TLA is better, have you read the title of the thread?
Just because you type it in the title doesn't mean it's true. It's quite an arrogant stance to take.

Being able to edit the config is one of the best things that changed. It gives people a choice and greater variety. If you think the config of a server is terrible, tell the server owner or find a different server. And spamming doesn't need thinking. Anyone can just run around spamming a single ability. It doesn't matter what you have to do to use the ability.

Diversity makes for more interesting combinations and match-ups. When something is simple, it's predictable. When something is complex or diversified, it becomes unpredictable.

Just because you type it in the title doesn't mean it's true. It's quite an arrogant stance to take.
TLA just had a certain feel that PK doesn't, the config is a huge part. I can name only like 1 server with a good configuration (everything else is terrible). Who cares about the unpredictability TLA was more skill based, and I swear if you say "Omg spamingz take no thought!" spamming was better! It wasn't mindlessly clicking and shifting, strategy was used. Positioning was HUGE in TLA. Yes it's predictable, but you gotta block those things that are coming to you, that's what made it fun. Side hitting and storming were huge as well. It was the way you used the moves you had, though very little, there were still huge varieties and combinations that you could use them in.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Who cares about the unpredictability TLA was more skill based
Well you would if you took a long moment to consider it. If what you are going to do is completely predictable to your opponent, you've already lost.
"Omg spamingz take no thought!"
Please, I would never say that. As you can see, I'm perfectly capable of typing actual words and sentences on my keyboard.
It wasn't mindlessly clicking and shifting
I never said it was, you're just defending an argument that isn't there.
It was the way you used the moves you had, though very little, there were still huge varieties and combinations that you could use them in.
So you think few abilities with the variations and combinations you can do is better than a lot of abilities with more variations and combinations?

Also you seem to be very heavy on the fighting aspect, what about utility or other types of fun?

"It wasn't mindlessly clicking and shifting"
I never said it was, you're just defending an argument that isn't there.
So you liked everyone running around spamming abilities, having no concept or need to use any actual effort and thinking?
Also you seem to be very heavy on the fighting aspect, what about utility or other types of fun?
I mostly spent my time in arena when TLA was around.

"Omg spamingz take no thought!" spamming was better! It wasn't mindlessly clicking and shifting, strategy was used.
I can that what you said, isn't considerated spamming. To clarify for you, spamming means when you used the same ability over and over again. I myself wouldn't say that stragedy can be used in spamming.

For instance, If I and my opponent was in a pvp arena, and he was swinging/slaying sword around at me. Me and him retreats back to the safe zone. He tries to "think of a good

Last edited: