• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Virtual Reality

djmyernos

Verified Member
Lol. Gotta be funny when your preferred topic of conversation is about the dangers of virtual reality and still wanting to develop virtual reality.
What do you mean? I said the field does not interest me because of the dangers. If a way can be found that the dangers are mostly eliminated, then perhaps I'd be more excited about it.

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
Well, consider that there will be other ways then just touch. Hearing, Sight, etc.
I can forsee a future where things like the CIA torture you physically and worsen it by using virtual reality for the sight and hearing.

At this point, somebody using a string of exploits could at least give you PTSD.
Is that an SAO reference?

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
1 WOULD LOV3 1T. LOTS OF TH1NGS 1N L1F3 4R3 D4NG3ROUS, BUT NON3 WOULD B3 N34RLY 4S COOL 4S TH1S.

owlcool

Verified Member
Is that an SAO reference?
Actually? No. Lol.
What do you mean? I said the field does not interest me because of the dangers. If a way can be found that the dangers are mostly eliminated, then perhaps I'd be more excited about it.
No, sorry I was talking about myself. xD
And they can be mostly eliminated or tested.
WH4T? 1 THOUGHT W3 W3R3 H4V1NG 4 D1SCUSS1ON. TH1S 1S HOW TH3Y WORK. 3V3RYON3 WONT 4GR33 W1TH YOU.
You typing that is at least very reminiscent of flame.

owlcool

Verified Member
Let's talk: Motion Sickness.
How likely do you think that Motion Sickness will be an actual problem within Virtual Reality, Community?

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
Let's talk: Motion Sickness.
How likely do you think that Motion Sickness will be an actual problem within Virtual Reality, Community?
1N VR GOOGL3S TH4T 1S 4 PROBL3M WH3N TH3R3 1S SLOW CONN3CT1ON.

Joeri

Verified Member
25 years? No lol.
Our generation is no where close to a virtual reality that allows you to feel and see as in the real world, not the mention the area's you would be playing in need a LOT of work aswell, graphics etc. And theres nothing really publicly developed about controlling emotions, sensations etc, also how would you walk around and make contact? How would the device know you're moving around?

SenpaiBlaze

Verified Member
Our generation is no where close to a virtual reality that allows you to feel and see as in the real world, not the mention the area's you would be playing in need a LOT of work aswell, graphics etc. And theres nothing really publicly developed about controlling emotions, sensations etc, also how would you walk around and make contact? How would the device know you're moving around?
Just because all of this hasnt been FULLY developed right now doesn't mean we are slow and will take 25 years lol. Look how quickly and advanced smart phones moved along.

owlcool

Verified Member
Just because all of this hasnt been FULLY developed right now doesn't mean we are slow and will take 25 years lol. Look how quickly and advanced smart phones moved along.
And the Information Age in General.
Look at how far computers came in just the past 10-15 years. The Information Age has done one thing, which is that it has sped up development.

Last edited:

owlcool

Verified Member
I'd personally not want to live in a virtual world where everyone is in their own little world. Yes, I do love being a system administrator, but at the end of the day, I still want to have a wife and forward the human race by reproducing.
So you would not want Virtual Reality at all, you want it but not an addictive or entrappening experience, or what? xD

Joeri

Verified Member
But smart phones and normal telephones wasnt as big as basically creating a new universe inside games where everything is as realistic as the real world

owlcool

Verified Member
But smart phones and normal telephones wasnt as big as basically creating a new universe inside games where everything is as realistic as the real world
Who wants to create something as realistic as the real world? Long boring office hours, etc?
Let's try something else.
Maybe make Google earth compactible with oculus rift.

SenpaiBlaze

Verified Member
Ha! Knew you would say that and I knew I would get you here.

Back when we first had this crazy idea of a touch screen, or even a touch screen phone, it was just as alien to us then as virtual reality is to us now.

owlcool

Verified Member

Back when we first had this crazy idea of a touch screen, or even a touch screen phone, it was just as alien to us then as virtual reality is to us now.
Imagine a game that you can "download"(which means moving ALL the data from the game onto something without talking it out) on your stationary computing device, which would put you into space controlling a spaceship that is rapidly shooting towards aliens, wouldn't that be AMAZING?
-What people who have major virtual reality will see on discussions like these

owlcool

Verified Member

What do you feel can be done to reduce motion sickness within Virtual Reality, Blaze?

SenpaiBlaze

Verified Member
What do you feel can be done to reduce motion sickness within Virtual Reality, Blaze?
Either a different feel when moving around in game, such as a motion sickness mode, or (this might sound silly, but mind you it is a real thing and it is known to cure motion sickness in vr) virtual noses.