• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Virtual Reality

owlcool

Verified Member
W4TCH TH1S NOW
I saw something similar to that at best buy. Basically a Mars rover game that was projected on plastic terrain.

How much longer for SAO? I hope it comes out near 2022, as that is when the series starts.

owlcool

Verified Member
Let's say something like SAO actually happens, and people are stuck like they were in the anime. What could we do to get them out, minus hacking the game to give them an edge?
I would say that we could disable the headsets with an EMP pulse, but there are three ways that could go wrong.
1. Brain damage caused by the EMP pulse.
2. The headset having a camera that detects such pulses.
3. A new standard in electronics makes it so EMP pulses have little effect.

Review this technique and add your own techniques.

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
Let's say something like SAO actually happens, and people are stuck like they were in the anime. What could we do to get them out, minus hacking the game to give them an edge?
I would say that we could disable the headsets with an EMP pulse, but there are three ways that could go wrong.
1. Brain damage caused by the EMP pulse.
2. The headset having a camera that detects such pulses.
3. A new standard in electronics makes it so EMP pulses have little effect.

Review this technique and add your own techniques.
I don't believe EMP pulses actually hurt your brain, but there would most likely be an manual shutdown button, or maybe just wait for it to run out of battery life.

SenpaiBlaze

Verified Member
Come on, think about it. A Version of Sword Art Online where you can actually log out, are unable to taste the foods(Maybe this could be slightly false, but I doubt the very idea of it without manipulating brain waves), are unable to feel sensations(okay, maybe this will be false. Perhaps in the coming years Oculus rift hand controllers will alter a certain part of them, making it so you feel what you are touching with your hands) and you can't die within the game. Maybe we will get ALO and GGO too. I would love to play GGO and SAO.
Magic isn't really my thing, can you tell? xD
They wouldn't make SAO, they would make ALO (Which is 10x better)

SenpaiBlaze

Verified Member
Better than 35 year old otakus. I'm pretty sure none of those 11 year olds would be able to aim anyway, or do much of anything for that matter.
Hmm.
Gun Gale Online: A virtual world where 11 year olds and 35 year olds can shoot each other.

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
Hmm.
Gun Gale Online: A virtual world where 11 year olds and 35 year olds can shoot each other.
Naw, I was talking about ALO being full of otakus. GGO would be too difficult for some 5th grader. They would probably be playing COD VIII: KNIFE ATACK!! on their VR.

owlcool

Verified Member
I don't believe EMP pulses actually hurt your brain, but there would most likely be an manual shutdown button, or maybe just wait for it to run out of battery life.
If you disconnect the thing to a power source for more then a certain amount of time, It could go ahead and do it.

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
If you disconnect the thing to a power source for more then a certain amount of time, It could go ahead and do it.
By "do it" I think you mean kill you. Probably not. We have all watched the Matrix and there would be tons of regulations involving aborting the dive.