• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Updates with Plantbending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuzzy

For a while now, Earthbending has been receiving many updates with lavabending and metalbending, both which have been getting Fan Made moves as well. I think it is time that waterbending recieves a little special update other than combos, because there is not much more you can do with bloodbending. So I have decided to suggest some abilities that could be incorporated as and extension to Plantbending!

New Source Blocks:
- Grass Blocks = These blocks will be changed from grass to dirt once they have been used. Since dirt will normally re-grow grass once it has been in the sun, there doesn't have to be a timer for it to revert. This would also be a "one-time-use" block, meaning you can only use the grass block for a water source once. As you can see from the image below, Hama uses all of the water sources until there is nothing but dirt left in the field:

Abilities:
- PlantArmor - This ability allows a waterbender to create armor out of grass, leaves, or other plants.

- Uproot - This ability allows a waterbender to create vines to trap their enemy for a short period of time. This ability will give all users caught in the vines slowness. To use this ability, you must charge and then left click to send a small series of vines (grass) twards a player or you can release shift without clicking to send out an all-around attack. The display for this attack is similar to shockwave.

- VineSpout - When a waterbender uses waterspout and they are also a plantbender, they are able to ride across leaves and other plantbending blocks using vines.

- VineManipulation - This ability gives a waterbender the ability to throw vines, but instead of thowing a single block, it leaves a trail of vines to the origional source block and once it has reaches its maximum block radius, it begins to retract to the origional source block. The vine that is created will follow the waterbenders cursor like torrent, except it will leave a trail of leaves and if a waterbender double clicks while the vine is moving, it will stop for 5 seconds, and then retract. This move not only will deal damage, but it will also create a type of shield and also a new type of movement for waterbenders. The stop effect could allow waterbenders to create temporary "vine bridges"? :p

Let me know what you think of the potential new abilitys and source blocks for Plantbending! Also, please post any suggestions you have with the moves, always appreciated!

Hope you enjoy,
- Fuzzy

guy057

Ever since VineMonster was denied I felt hopeless for plantbending as it wasn't show in the show too much, but this thread gave me hope that at least 1 of these moves will go in!! :D

owlcool

The vinespout does seem overpowered, the uproot seems good, vinemanipulation seems like a good ability.
Edit: Just use waterwave instead of vinespout, no need to create a new move.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
The vinespout does seem overpowered, the uproot seems good, vinemanipulation seems like a good ability.
Edit: Just use waterwave instead of vinespout, no need to create a new move.
WaterWave stops after a certain distance. This is a spout, which won't stop unless it's cut off

owlcool

WaterWave stops after a certain distance. This is a spout, which won't stop unless it's cut off
So it is a waterspout ability, that works on grass, or it just works on trees and is much less useful, kinda op one way and useless the other.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
So it is a waterspout ability, that works on grass, or it just works on trees and is much less useful, kinda op one way and useless the other.
then waterspout would be useless too, according to what you are saying.

owlcool

then waterspout would be useless too, according to what you are saying.
*Sigh, that is not what I am saying here. Waterspout goes over water faster then airspout That makes sense and since waterspout can't go over land other then snow it is not op. But when you add in the ability to use it over land too, that is when it is op. If you are able to use waterspout over grass, then that pretty much covers most land. If you want to keep the plugin actually similar to the show then there will be no plant spout because it is not showed in the show. If you want to have a mobility plant move, go for something short lasting like a plantcatapult or something. You could just use the original waterspout for that with waterwave. Nice new avatar by the way.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
*Sigh, that is not what I am saying here. Waterspout goes over water faster then airspout That makes sense and since waterspout can't go over land other then snow it is not op. But when you add in the ability to use it over land too, that is when it is op. If you are able to use waterspout over grass, then that pretty much covers most land. If you want to keep the plugin actually similar to the show then there will be no plant spout because it is not showed in the show. If you want to have a mobility plant move, go for something short lasting like a plantcatapult or something. You could just use the original waterspout for that with waterwave. Nice new avatar by the way.
Now you explained I agree with you, and tnx ^^

guy057

I agree with everything that you said but we are going to have to make up our own moves now that lok ended. D:

HydroMan

I like your creativity with the plant update techniques :) and i wanted grass blocks plant bending a long time ,they should had added a long time ,cuzs it had been in the show when katara used to take water from grass before she fought that old women

Status
Not open for further replies.