• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Updates with Plantbending

Status
Not open for further replies.

promancer

Verified Member
Look i have no personal reason to nerf it.I mean if anything i would like to make it op considering that i am a waterbender.But let's be honest there needs to be some nerfs to the grass sourcing since hama used flowers!Maybe a cool down or being able to use only small moves.Oh and also we do not need things to come out op and then wait for nerfing that is needed.Though i support this thread!
Still although, wait to see what impact it has. Its called research. If it stops watercamping then thats a problem solved. Besides, this is good. (This may be a biased viewpoint, so BEWARE). All the other elements have sources in BUNDANCE. You literally have enough sources for earth to walk on. Air and fire nor chi requires a source. This is cannon, and it may stop the water campers from camping. Also, flowers? Im not understanding why this should be nerfed because she used flowers and not grass. Both plants, not to mention grass literally covers the ground under the flowers.

promancer

Verified Member
Using grass blocks as source is OP
But its cannon, and lets not forget water is the element of CHANGE.
You've got to keep an open mind, Katara. There's water in places you never think about. -Hama, The first bloodbender
Also, id imagine that not only was she pulling water from the plants but the air aswell. Lets not forget when she pulled water from the air, there was enough to make ice that encompassed most of her fingers. Water only expands about 9% to 10% when frozen.

Last edited:

orfeas

Verified Member
Still although, wait to see what impact it has. Its called research. If it stops watercamping then thats a problem solved. Besides, this is good. (This may be a biased viewpoint, so BEWARE). All the other elements have sources in BUNDANCE. You literally have enough sources for earth to walk on. Air and fire nor chi requires a source. This is cannon, and it may stop the water campers from camping. Also, flowers? Im not understanding why this should be nerfed because she used flowers and not grass. Both plants, not to mention grass literally covers the ground under the flowers.
Yeah i guess we could wait.Now about watercamping:In ALL the servers i have been i have never seen watercamping.Most server allow you to bring bottles in the arena and that helps a lot+there are trees and tall grass.Ofc that seems selfish(not do something that could solve a problem that i do not face),but the reason i am pointing it out is that maybe the watercamping problem is not so spread and you guys go to the wrong servers.Though i guess it can be added just to see how people react to it.

promancer

Verified Member
Yeah i guess we could wait.Now about watercamping:In ALL the servers i have been i have never seen watercamping.Most server allow you to bring bottles in the arena and that helps a lot+there are trees and tall grass.Ofc that seems selfish(not do something that could solve a problem that i do not face),but the reason i am pointing it out is that maybe the watercamping problem is not so spread and you guys go to the wrong servers.Though i guess it can be added just to see how people react to it.
Im glad you agree. =D. Anyway, Watercamping is a problem, but thats a discussion for another thread.

orfeas

Verified Member
Im glad you agree. =D. Anyway, Watercamping is a problem, but thats a discussion for another thread.
Well your signature says it XD"Your argument is the Titanic and I am the iceberg. Hopefully you can salvage enough of your points to continue this discussion because your ship is going down." -Promancer, 2015

Joeri

Verified Member
Water still needs a weakness. If you can just bend from grass blocks it would be OP shit. Instead of when you forced a waterbender away from their sources they now can bend almost everywhere since Grass blocks are literally everywhere expect in deserts

Im a waterbender myself and adding grass as source is unneeded and will be a giant buff that water does not need.

Just because its canon doesnt mean it should be added. and water is not ment to be able to bend almost everywhere. I think we are fine with just plants, sure we had problems with watercampers before. But WaterArms already made waterbenders able to go more on land so the problem is mostly solved

Last edited:

promancer

Verified Member
Water still needs a weakness. If you can just bend from grass blocks it would be OP shit. Instead of when you forced a waterbender away from their sources they now can bend almost everywhere since Grass blocks are literally everywhere expect in deserts

Im a waterbender myself and adding grass as source is unneeded and will be a giant buff that water does not need.

Just because its canon doesnt mean it should be added. and water is not ment to be able to bend almost everywhere. I think we are fine with just plants, sure we had problems with watercampers before. But WaterArms already made waterbenders able to go more on land so the problem is mostly solved
Well tell me then, how much of TLOK and TLA was spent with the waterbenders in the water? Close to none, because of waterbottles. Waterarms can be configured so your argument is invalid. Most of the reason waterarms was put in was to make waterbenders stop watercamping. Besides, lightning spreads in water so, lightning is a waterarms users bane.

Why this is needed.

• It allows water to get another source and increases utility of waters 3rd sub.
  • Waters weakness isnt sources, its low defence.
  • "There is water in places you dont even think about" -Hama the first bloodbender.
  • Waterbenders dont neccessarily need to stay in the water, thats why waterbottles were added.
  • It is canon.
  • When lightning and lavabending were debated they were both added.
  • It wont be op, because watermanip and all other water moves can be configured to have longer cooldowns, which means the whole reason why its op can be stopped in config.

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Well tell me then, how much of TLOK and TLA was spent with the waterbenders in the water? Close to none, because of waterbottles. Waterarms can be configured so your argument is invalid. Most of the reason waterarms was put in was to make waterbenders stop watercamping. Besides, lightning spreads in water so, lightning is a waterarms users bane.

Why this is needed.

• It allows water to get another source and increases utility of waters 3rd sub.
  • Waters weakness isnt sources, its low defence.
  • "There is water in places you dont even think about" -Hama the first bloodbender.
  • Waterbenders dont neccessarily need to stay in the water, thats why waterbottles were added.
  • It is canon.
  • When lightning and lavabending were debated they were both added.
  • It wont be op, because watermanip and all other water moves can be configured to have longer cooldowns, which means the whole reason why its op can be stopped in config.
They didnt stay in the water because they were still human. Would you enjoy sitting on the ocean your entire life with nobody to chill with?

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member

Where there is life, there is water. Waterbenders are the only ones that have to find sources to use. I have never seen an Earthbender having problems because he couldn't find any source. Firebenders' is their own chi, and Airbenders source is everywhere on out Planet. Why should waterbender be different? Imagine a fight in the fire lilies field where Hama sucked up the water: Hama vs. Earthbender. The Earthbender has his source on his feet, so has Hama. No bottles needed! If she couldn't do that, well, she was a terrible waterbender by not being capable to use water that is in front of her.
surge shield(ice) can stop every move except earthsmash.You can not say that it has low defence

Hama used a big circle of flowers to cover her FINGERS,moves like torrent or surge would either need a huge amount of grass blocks or would not be possible using grass blocks.

Surge Shield is still problematic. If you are fighting a Firebender or chi-blocker, you need to think fast. You can quickly hold shift and click, but MC can't always go with the same speed as you.

Hama didn't suck that water from plants, it was from thin air :3

Joeri

Verified Member
Sigh, it's not because water is required to stay on the water, ITS BECAUSE PEOPLE DO IT BECAUSE ITS SAFER IN MC. They can quickly go underwater to hide from any attacks and heal and there are the most sources there.

No matter what you do watercampers will always exist even if u make every block bendable people will still be on the water because they can easily dive under the water for an easy safety cloak to block almost any attack

You can't influence all people to how YOU want it, because there will always be people that keep camping

Could we also stop comparing fire chi and earth and air to water? They are completly different things. Water is fine as it is with waterarms.

It is unneeded, there are already enough sources. plants are basically everywhere as are leaves and rivers and small lakes are not that rare either

Joeri

Verified Member
Exactly water shouldnt constantly be bound to a pond/ocean. Its their element, not their life.
They choose themselves to stay in the water, i'm a waterbender and i can do perfectly fine on land. They do it because it's safer

orfeas

Verified Member
Where there is life, there is water. Waterbenders are the only ones that have to find sources to use. I have never seen an Earthbender having problems because he couldn't find any source. Firebenders' is their own chi, and Airbenders source is everywhere on out Planet. Why should waterbender be different? Imagine a fight in the fire lilies field where Hama sucked up the water: Hama vs. Earthbender. The Earthbender has his source on his feet, so has Hama. No bottles needed! If she couldn't do that, well, she was a terrible waterbender by not being capable to use water that is in front of her.

Surge Shield is still problematic. If you are fighting a Firebender or chi-blocker, you need to think fast. You can quickly hold shift and click, but MC can't always go with the same speed as you.

Hama didn't suck that water from plants, it was from thin air :3
omg sorry i forgot,yeahh she cut a rock with the water,welp will not be able to reply again for a while see you in a month.(going some wear ;D)

Status
Not open for further replies.