• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Updates with Plantbending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hit_Manx

Verified Member
I like them ALL other than the VineSpout move, seems kinda silly. I just couldn't see it happening, they're wouldn't realistically be enough vines around to allow you to use a spout.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I like your creativity with the plant update techniques :) and i wanted grass blocks plant bending a long time ,they should had added a long time ,cuzs it had been in the show when katara used to take water from grass before she fought that old women
For the grass blocks, what about a certain radius is needed to use it?

DanStryder

Verified Member
^ I was gonna suggest similar, have it so you create a circle of dirt from the grass to create 1 source of water

HydroMan

Verified Member
For the grass blocks, what about a certain radius is needed to use it?
maybe the raadius that stars where the grass is near a water pound or where the grass surrond plants ,as i would imagine to make it like that and seem more logical as the waterbender can bend grass with a surtain radius that as a near water(no bottles) source or plants

guy057

Verified Member
I like your creativity with the plant update techniques :) and i wanted grass blocks plant bending a long time ,they should had added a long time ,cuzs it had been in the show when katara used to take water from grass before she fought that old women
That reminds me, didn't katara and hama take water from wood? o_O WOODBENDING :D

DanStryder

Verified Member
To be fair, if you think about it, every element is OP is some way, earth bending has the most moves but yet I know several fire benders who would give an earth bender a run for his money and vice versa. If we grass as a source, make it like how Katara and Hama did, a circular radius around the player that turns in dirt in exchange for water, or even mycelium to make it look dead? Earth benders can still bend it so no complaints there, any other ideas?

Fuzzy

Verified Member
I know plantbending is starting to make a come back, and I received multiple great comments about these suggestions. So rather than re-posting my ideas, Though I would just comment here! Let me know what you all think :p

SuperBower118

Verified Member
New Source Blocks:
- Grass Blocks = These blocks will be changed from grass to dirt once they have been used. Since dirt will normally re-grow grass once it has been in the sun, there doesn't have to be a timer for it to revert. This would also be a "one-time-use" block, meaning you can only use the grass block for a water source once. As you can see from the image below, Hama uses all of the water sources until there is nothing but dirt left in
This seems a bit like water's becoming earth, now. Even though that it's a one time use, I still find it hard to believe that you can make a move out of the small amount of grass provided on that block. Also, don't forget that Hama also had aid from the tons of flowers combined with the grass on the ground. Either way, I think that that should be proof enough that you can't make a surge, octopus, or torrent out of a single flower. Even a small little blast of water is pushing it when you think about the fact that it's one flower that this is coming out of. I should hope that if any of these were added, (Hopefully 2+, not just one) that plantbending would be provided with the appropriate nerf. I'm not saying to remove the sourcing out of plants completely, but to make so if you want a torrent, instead of holding sneak for one second and the torrent will circle around you, you have to hold sneak for about... 3 seconds, then the torrent will start to circle around you.

orfeas

Verified Member
Well i agree with some of the suggestions.I do not agree with taking water out of grass blocks because as @SuperBower118 said it would become to much like earth.Maybe it could be nerfed with needing a ton of grass blocks.Also will vinespout be able to be done above grass or only leaves?Anyway i love vine manipulation(vinewhip basicly) and plant armour.Especially vinewhip(vine manipulation) has helped me to make bridges many times and will also help waterbenders at land use one more offensive move other than watermanip and torrent!Uproot seems awesome to XD.

Last edited:

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
Grass blocks as source:
  • You can only select the grass source if it is a block of distance to you or less (so, nine blocks, being eight around you and one you are standing on.);
  • You select as a normal water source;
  • Torrent would suck up water 7 blocks radius from the place where you select it (if my math is right, 15 block diameter.);
  • WaterManipulation/IceSpike would suck up 3 blocks radius from the place where you selct it (7 blocks diameter.);
  • Surge wave is impossible, but surge shield isn't. Same radius as Torrent.
  • OctopusForm is impossible.
  • WaterArms, same radius as Torrent or impossible.
  • WaterWave, impossible.
  • IceBlast, impossible.
  • Once the grass has been used as a watersource, it would turn into coarse dirt, meaning the grass wouldn't grow on top of it.

orfeas

Verified Member
Grass blocks as source:
  • You can only select the grass source if it is a block of distance to you or less (so, nine blocks, being eight around you and one you are standing on.);
  • You select as a normal water source;
  • Torrent would suck up water 7 blocks radius from the place where you select it (if my math is right, 15 block diameter.);
  • WaterManipulation/IceSpike would suck up 3 blocks radius from the place where you selct it (7 blocks diameter.);
  • Surge wave is impossible, but surge shield isn't. Same radius as Torrent.
  • OctopusForm is impossible.
  • WaterArms, same radius as Torrent or impossible.
  • WaterWave, impossible.
  • IceBlast, impossible.
  • Once the grass has been used as a watersource, it would turn into coarse dirt, meaning the grass wouldn't grow on top of it.
Yeah this could balance things out!

promancer

Verified Member
Well i agree with some of the suggestions.I do not agree with taking water out of grass blocks because as @SuperBower118 said it would become to much like earth.Maybe it could be nerfed with needing a ton of grass blocks.Also will vinespout be able to be done above grass or only leaves?Anyway i love vine manipulation(vinewhip basicly) and plant armour.Especially vinewhip(vine manipulation) has helped me to make bridges many times and will also help waterbenders at land use one more offensive move other than watermanip and torrent!Uproot seems awesome to XD.
It hasnt even come out yet and you're already trying to nerf it <_<

orfeas

Verified Member
It hasnt even come out yet and you're already trying to nerf it <_<
Look i have no personal reason to nerf it.I mean if anything i would like to make it op considering that i am a waterbender.But let's be honest there needs to be some nerfs to the grass sourcing since hama used flowers!Maybe a cool down or being able to use only small moves.Oh and also we do not need things to come out op and then wait for nerfing that is needed.Though i support this thread!

Joeri

Verified Member
Take a look at earthbending.
Yes, let's compare 2 things that aren't even the same. How can you possible compare earth with water. They are both different elements.

Hama didn't even use grass she used flowers which only grow every year. fire lilacs or something idk

Status
Not open for further replies.