• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Weekly Community Update (July 23, 2017)

We’re wrapping up ProjectKorra (Core) v1.8.5. We have found a few bugs that needed fixing before release and are closing in on a cleaner build. Expect a release this week after Tuesday (we’ll notify you if things change!)
For those who don't know (Mist probably forgot to inform us), v1.8.5 isn't out yet.

Mist What happened? Did it got invested in more bugs or Omni's computer broke again? Please don't leave us hanging. Love ya <3!

Last edited:

xNuminousx

For those who don't know (Mist probably forgot to inform us), v1.8.5 isn't out yet.

@Mist What happened? Did it got invested in more bugs or Omni's computer broke again? Please don't leave us hanging. Love ya <3!
I'm confused. They still have today, tomorrow and Sunday for "this week after Tuesday" to be legitimate.

Perhaps my tag won't reach him right now since I removed it and he wasn't online. Don't know about you quoting the tag, lol.

Yeah, really awkward rn.

OmniCypher

Staff member
Lead Developer
Administrator
Plugin Developer
Just to give you guys a little insight of why we needed to wait for a release, I was asked by an old computer science teacher two weeks ago to create a game to showcase an eye tracking scanner/software along with other physical movement controller technologies at a fairly well-known museum in San Diego for their current exhibit on video games. In fact, it was just this afternoon that I presented my game to the board of directors and the head of exhibits. This was a very big deal for the reputation of myself and my teacher, and my old high school's computer science program. I am sure you can understand that creating a presentable game, from scratch, using a technology I had never worked with in two weeks is a tall order and took most of my time. Luckily, the presentation went extremely well and the museum's board really appreciated what we had to offer. That being said, expect a 1.8.5 build to be out within the next few days.

paliate

Just to give you guys a little insight of why we needed to wait for a release, I was asked by an old computer science teacher two weeks ago to create a game to showcase an eye tracking scanner/software along with other physical movement controller technologies at a fairly well-known museum in San Diego for their current exhibit on video games. In fact, it was just this afternoon that I presented my game to the board of directors and the head of exhibits. This was a very big deal for the reputation of myself and my teacher, and my old high school's computer science program. I am sure you can understand that creating a presentable game, from scratch, using a technology I had never worked with in two weeks is a tall order and took most of my time. Luckily, the presentation went extremely well and the museum's board really appreciated what we had to offer. That being said, expect a 1.8.5 build to be out within the next few days.
Happy for you buddy.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Congratz!

Good job.

xNuminousx

Maybe a mod or a resource pack that could make the firebending and airbending look less...particle-ish and more together.
Since a resource pack mainly edits the look of each individual particle, I highly doubt that. But it's a nice thought.

Sam1370

Since a resource pack mainly edits the look of each individual particle, I highly doubt that. But it's a nice thought.
Hmm, maybe an optional mod then, like something you can tell your players on your server: "If you want a more complete experience, install the ProjectKorra mod!" or something like that

and if I remember correctly, 1.8.5 should be out

xNuminousx

Hmm, maybe an optional mod then, like something you can tell your players on your server: "If you want a more complete experience, install the ProjectKorra mod!" or something like that

and if I remember correctly, 1.8.5 should be out
Yes, I would agree that the mod would allow them to make Bending more fluid in looks. If they chose to edit textures in that route.

Sam1370

Yes, I would agree that the mod would allow them to make Bending more fluid in looks. If they chose to edit textures in that route.
Hmm yeah, maybe the server could find out if the player has the ProjectKorra mod and communicate with the mod in able to make it more fluid. Communicating would probably also prevent other particles (not from bending) not look weird.