• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Watermanipulation interactions

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickC1211

I'm gonna add that for bottlebending you can hold shift with watermanipulation to bring the water back to you immediately. So for example if you shoot a torrent you can hold shift with watermanipulation to bring back the water like cancelling it.

Hero

Agreed

I mean meta implies optimized, so if it's not optimized it's not meta. Therefore meta builds are the greatest builds. Also I'm god and if i were to bind waterbubble in place of octoform it'd probably cost me a match.
That's not what meta means. Meta means current. The current build isn't always the greatest. Take phone updates for example; when a particular up date is meta, it might have bugs, making it not optimized. Same goes for MMO class set ups. Most meta builds are based on what's the current "acceptable" way to play. Even then, it really depends on the fight and how the person plays. So no, meta doesn't imply optimized; it means current.

Last edited:
I'm gonna add that for bottlebending you can hold shift with watermanipulation to bring the water back to you immediately. So for example if you shoot a torrent you can hold shift with watermanipulation to bring back the water like cancelling it.
Love that. With Water Continuity, you should be able to return torrent blast when it misses the target and doesn't reach its maximum distance. Like how Katara pulled torrent blast and turned it into shield after failing to rekt Mai.

NickC1211

Love that. With Water Continuity, you should be able to return torrent blast when it misses the target and doesn't reach its maximum distance. Like how Katara pulled torrent blast and turned it into shield after failing to rekt Mai.
That's exactly what I had in mind

Madocean

That's not what meta means. Meta means current. The current build isn't always the greatest. Take phone updates for example; when a particular up date is meta, it might have bugs, making it not optimized. Same goes for MMO class set ups. Most meta builds are based on what's the current "acceptable" way to play. Even then, it really depends on the fight and how the person plays. So no, meta doesn't imply optimized; it means current.
meta in competitive gaming if you played competitively, means currently optimal lol. look at any smash game, any street fighter game, any fps game , or honestly just any real comp game. You'll see that meta is defined as 'current' AND optimal, meta generally is defined as what's currently optimal.

Loony

Although I agree that water needs more manipulation, being able to redirect or affect all these waterbending abilities would just make for awkward, un-enjoyable gameplay. People would just walk around with manip trolling waterbenders.

Suggestion denied.

NickC1211

Although I agree that water needs more manipulation, being able to redirect or affect all these waterbending abilities would just make for awkward, un-enjoyable gameplay. People would just walk around with manip trolling waterbenders.

Suggestion denied.
It's basically the same thing as how a fire bender or waterbender can melt another waterbenders ice with phasechange or heat control, just on a larger scale. Also in the avatar world waterbenders could do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.