• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Watermanipulation interactions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madocean

Verified Member
"
Q:"I don't think blasting surges from spout is canon, blasting slices from spout IS canon, shown in paku vs firenation, but I haven't seen surge please direct me to that one."
A: Kya is literally proof of that in your gif. When I say spout, I meant the WAVE feature (left click water, hold sneak than let go). I even clarified for you, via naming it ''waterspout-wave''.
"
Oh, I agree you should be able to attack/use moves on wave. Maybe at the cost of controlling your direction? The rest of the arguement, I just covered.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
It's literally just a better version of waterwave... It's in no way overpowered and unrealistic .-. You VERY often talk about things that are C O N F I G U R A B L E as being overpowered. It depends on the config
We're talking about the gif.... What are YOU talking about? I'm saying the style of what Kya used is closer to WaterWave rather than WaterFlow and you're over here talking config and power...
Don't be dishonest.
Don't assume....

It's overall more close to flow.
If you're gonna stick with that, fine. As Mesk implied, no use in arguing over it. It can't be proven nor disproven. It's opinion.

Madocean

Verified Member
I'll rewatch the episode and find out ;)
I just watched it. I can see what mesk meant by wave actually. You could say that it has the same charge as wave, but again the same effect could be derived from flow. So it REALLY can go either way...

xNuminousx

Verified Member
I just watched it. I can see what mesk meant by wave actually. You could say that it has the same charge as wave, but again the same effect could be derived from flow. So it REALLY can go either way...
We're talking about the tsunami thing that Mesk said the Avatar could do then you provided the 3 waterbenders doing it then I provided a gif of Eska doing it alone and stuff... Not WaterWave.

Madocean

Verified Member
We're talking about the gif.... What are YOU talking about? I'm saying the style of what Kya used is closer to WaterWave rather than WaterFlow and you're over here talking config and power...

Don't assume....

If you're gonna stick with that, fine. As Mesk implied, no use in arguing over it. It can't be proven nor disproven. It's opinion.
"Other than it being over powered and unrealistic, what more do you want?"
I literally replied to you talking about config/power... By talking config and power... Are you exposing yourself for having a double standard or what?

I'm not assuming, by implying things that have no factual grounds you're being fallacious at the very least.

Agree to Disagree. I don't see why not.

Madocean

Verified Member
We're talking about the tsunami thing that Mesk said the Avatar could do then you provided the 3 waterbenders doing it then I provided a gif of Eska doing it alone and stuff... Not WaterWave.
I see where this went wrong. Whatevs. I'm gonna go work out I'll resolve more later.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
I literally replied to you talking about config/power... By talking config and power... Are you exposing yourself for having a double standard or what?
No, you quoted something that was about a different topic and I said so.... If you're going to respond to something quote the right thing.

you're being fallacious at the very least.
I haven't done anything fallacious....

Madocean

Verified Member
Seems like that could work better/intuitively with phasechange+waterbubble.
Actually, if you remember tla phasechange, it went from ice to water to nothing, that mechanic should work just fine. Shift on phasechange and then punch? Or something? Maybe rightclick twice? It should be fairly fast so that the battle keeps its tempo.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Actually, if you remember tla phasechange, it went from ice to water to nothing, that mechanic should work just fine. Shift on phasechange and then punch? Or something? Maybe rightclick twice? It should be fairly fast so that the battle keeps its tempo.
In the gif, she seems to scattered it than evaporating, so I think waterbubble would fit better there. It's barely use anyway.

Madocean

Verified Member
In the gif, she seems to scattered it than evaporating, so I think waterbubble would fit better there. It's barely use anyway.
Well exactly, it'd force you to bind waterbubble over another useful move. It makes the most sense to keep it within current meta binds. (Not to say that wouldn't make more sense)

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
They removed the evaporation, so I doubt they will readd it back. I fo wish they return it after fixing freeze aspect first.

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt

Hero

Verified Member
Well exactly, it'd force you to bind waterbubble over another useful move. It makes the most sense to keep it within current meta binds. (Not to say that wouldn't make more sense)
I always have water bubble binded and I do fine. Meta builds aren't the greatest builds.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Yeah, waterbubble is pretty much useless to the lack of flexibility. From canon inspiration taken, Katara even used it to push Ty lee back into the drill while the chi blocker was submerged with water, so in-minecraft that should be another application when using it.
I think waterbenders in general should affect the element (to some extent) even when its bent by others as well, not just their own.

Madocean

Verified Member
Yeah, waterbubble is pretty much useless to the lack of flexibility. From canon inspiration taken, Katara even used it to push Ty lee back into the drill while the chi blocker was submerged with water, so in-minecraft that should be another application when using it.
I think waterbenders in general should affect the element (to some extent) even when its bent by others as well, not just their own.
Agreed

I always have water bubble binded and I do fine. Meta builds aren't the greatest builds.
I mean meta implies optimized, so if it's not optimized it's not meta. Therefore meta builds are the greatest builds. Also I'm god and if i were to bind waterbubble in place of octoform it'd probably cost me a match.

Status
Not open for further replies.