• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Watermanipulation interactions

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickC1211

This will help watermanipulation live up to its name and become a way of controlling all water. With this addition watermanipulation would be used as a base move to control any sort of water. All of these use the move watermanipulation.

Watermanipulation:
- same as it is redirecting it back

Torrent:
- hold shift at an incoming torrent with watermanipulation to send it back at your opponent. The torrent must be at most 3 blocks away. When you hold shift it will go around you then back at your opponent. Each time it will speed up. It will also not be directable once or is shot back.

Waterwave:
If you are using waterwave before it dissipates hold shift with watermanipulation to grab the water and use it for offense. Once you have it you can move it around to hit people and click to shoot it. (Like watersmash)

Surge:
When someone is holding up a surge shield hold shift for about 2 seconds then click to dissipate it. If someone sends the wave at you hold shift before it hits you to dissipate it.

Bottlebending:
When shooting any move like torrent or surge, hold shift with watermanipulation to bring it back even before it reaches max distance or hits someone.

These simple interactions with watermanipulation are enough to make it live up to its name and make water better. Tell me if you have any ideas for interactions.

Last edited:
When someone is holding up a surge shield click on it with watermanipulation to change it from ice to water then hold shift to take it down. If someone sends the wave at you hold shift before it hits you to dissipate it.
Wouldn't it make more sense with phasechange rather watermanipulation?
Waterwave:
If you are using waterwave before it dissipates hold shift with watermanipulation to grab the water and use it for offense. Once you have it you can move it around to hit people and click to shoot it.
That looks more of Surge than anything to be honest.
Torrent:
- hold shift at an incoming torrent to send it back at your opponent. The torrent must be at most 3 blocks away. When you hold shift it will go around you then back at your opponent.
Should have a limit to how many times you can redirect it, to prevent it from looping infinitively. Nevertheless, your concept was suggeston ton of times (just puutting this out for no reason)

NickC1211

Should have a limit to how many times you can redirect it, to prevent it from looping infinitively. Nevertheless, your concept was suggeston ton of times (just puutting this out for no reason)
1) no not phasechange the whole point is making watermanipulation more useful.

2) She clearly used waterwave then took that water and moved it for her next attack before Zaheer blew her away. It would look like watersmash.

3) It would only be able to happen 3 times, maybe it would speed up each time or not be aimabke once it's shot.

4) you have links of this exact suggestion?

1) no not phasechange the whole point is making watermanipulation more useful.
It doesn't fit. P.S. I think you already gave a use for it in another: the move a waterblock telekineticly synch with the POV. :)
2) She clearly used waterwave then took that water and moved it for her next attack before Zaheer blew her away. It would look like watersmash.
More like Surge. I think Surge should be launchable from waterspout too. Not just watermanipulation
4) you have links of this exact suggestion?
Just type in "torrent redirection" in the search bar and you will find them straight away.

NickC1211

It doesn't fit. P.S. I think you already gave a use for it in another: the move a waterblock telekineticly synch with the POV. :)

More like Surge. I think Surge should be launchable from waterspout too. Not just watermanipulation

Just type in "torrent redirection" in the search bar and you will find them straight away.
Im not referring to her pushing the water at him but after when she brings it back for her next attack. You could take the water and make a watersmash type thing to hit people with.

What I'm suggesting here is much more than just torrent redirection. Also has it been suggested with watermanipulation if so link?

Im not referring to her pushing the water at him but after when she brings it back for her next attack. You could take the water and make a watersmash type thing to hit people with.
It still could be applied with the rest of abilities, not just watermanip and surge.
What I'm suggesting here is much more than just torrent redirection. Also has it been suggested with watermanipulation if so link?
Well you wrote a label above it "Torrent", so I'm not sure how WaterManipulation (the ability) is involved there.

NickC1211

It still could be applied with the rest of abilities, not just watermanip and surge.

Well you wrote a label above it "Torrent", so I'm not sure how WaterManipulation (the ability) is involved there.
The label is how watermanipulation works with each ability also I made a suggestion a while back about a waterwave surge combo

Torrent:
- hold shift at an incoming torrent to send it back at your opponent. The torrent must be at most 3 blocks away. When you hold shift it will go around you then back at your opponent. Each time it will speed up. It will also not be directable once or is shot back.
That isn't a watermanipulation. Unless you mean the concept and not the ability, you forgot to put the space between the combine words (water manipulation)... Oh, I think you meant to include that it requires to hold torrent with WaterManipulation selected, right?

Madocean

So to adress these comments, first one, completely agree.

It looks EXACTLY like waterflow which should be a stock move and I'll get into that tomorrow.

It should just have a cd :p The reason these concepts are suggested so often is because they're desired by like MOST waterbenders.

Loony

Surge, Torrent and WaterManipulation are going to be redesigned so these suggestions wouldn't really work activation wise with how the new moves are going to be, but generally I agree that there needs to be more water control.

xNuminousx

I love the idea of having Water Manipulation more diverse. The name is very broad so it could apply to so many things. But, with something like the torrent redirection, wouldn't it just be easier (for the developers) to just add that option to torrent? It does exactly what torrent does and it's for torrent specifically. I think the easiest option would be to add redirection extensions to their respective move. But WaterManipulation is still a broad term so these ideas could very well be added to WM (WaterManipulation) instead. This is just what I think would be easiest for developers. Maybe there are different ways to make WM more diverse.

WaterManipulation needs a telekinetic ability (-to move a waterblock from point A to point B hole) though, which that feature will have the ability live up to it's name: watermanipulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.