• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Looking Into Watermanipulation addition

Might make suggestion about that, but not gonna steal your spotlight. As for WaterManipulation... that's all I have to say. *Drops mic to stop the off-topic nonsense*

Madocean

This will add a charge function to watermanipulation. If a player clicks the water then holds shift for two seconds a block of water would raise and start spinning around the player. If they keep holding shift for two more seconds another block of water will join the spinning. When the water is spinning it looks like two watermanipulations circling the player. After this the user can let go of shift and run with the water. While the user sprints the water blocks move to either side. When the player is ready they can click to shoot their watermanipulations, kind of like watergimbal.

I thought of this because when I'm fighting as water and someone is baiting me on land and are out of reach of watermanipulation, I go on land and get my butt kicked. With this water has a chance to go on land armed with one or two watermanipulations that they can shoot at any time.

It'd look somewhat like this when running:

When walking or standing still:
Except the two water blocks would never touch and spin adjacent to each other.

Before anyone asks no this won't replace the current watermanipulation. And no it won't make bottles useless.
Thisi idea is awesome, I think the hard part is execution, because this could be either, double watersmash, or one of the most dope additions to bending mechanics of all time

NickC1211

Thisi idea is awesome, I think the hard part is execution, because this could be either, double watersmash, or one of the most dope additions to bending mechanics of all time
If they get the animation right it could really help waterbenders and change the way they fight on land.

Madocean

But there are some people that will be like "waterarms is enough"
Yeah, that and frostbreath... I really dont agree. I used to, but no longer. So the way it goes is, both moves only provide a temporary offensive presence on land. That's not how it should work. It should be drawn out, but less intense. Sort of like one of my secret techniques that allows me to source any move anywhere on land :p

NickC1211

Yeah, that and frostbreath... I really dont agree. I used to, but no longer. So the way it goes is, both moves only provide a temporary offensive presence on land. That's not how it should work. It should be drawn out, but less intense. Sort of like one of my secret techniques that allows me to source any move anywhere on land :p
Well that goes into a whole other thing about water needing to be able to reuse water for other moves. Also you wanna tell me about this secret technique :3

Madocean

Yeah, that and frostbreath[/QUOT
Well that goes into a whole other thing about water needing to be able to reuse water for other moves. Also you wanna tell me about this secret technique :3
Omg preach, all water should be reusable. I'll give you a hint on the tech tho, all ice IS reusable.

O and plz do tell me about your ideas on reusable water .3.

As of rn I'm developing concepts with everyone I can. I intend to improve bending overall in balance & experience, hence my initiative to begin learning java. Anyways as of now for concept designers, I have myself; yuki and a guy named WhiteXShadow on board rn, they're brilliant :>

xNuminousx

I intend to improve bending overall in balance & experience, hence my initiative to begin learning java.
Like in your own plugin? I'd be interested in seeing another bending plugin created, as competition. The only competition Pk had is TLA and that's outdated. Pk sort of has a "monopoly" in the bending community so it'd be nice to see some diversity. Maybe with your plugin we can see community management improvements as well? Assuming you will have a community base similarly to Pk.

Madocean

Like in your own plugin? I'd be interested in seeing another bending plugin created, as competition. The only competition Pk had is TLA and that's outdated. Pk sort of has a "monopoly" in the bending community so it'd be nice to see some diversity. Maybe with your plugin we can see community management improvements as well? Assuming you will have a community base similarly to Pk.
As of rn actually i just want to take pk to its fullest, but eventually thats my plan, yeah. I want a plugin catering to competitive bending aspects, in the sense that the development team regards current metas as working points and strives to create the most thoroughly balanced plugin possible. With that in mind I'd also like to ensure that the overall feel and enjoyability of the plugin is optimized in parallel. My main issues with carrying out that initiative though, are; lack of time, lack of developers & lack of support obviously cause i haven't really told anyone. But yeah as of rn I'm actually looking to join the pk concept team.

xNuminousx

As of rn actually i just want to take pk to its fullest, but eventually thats my plan, yeah. I want a plugin catering to competitive bending aspects, in the sense that the development team regards current metas as working points and strives to create the most thoroughly balanced plugin possible. With that in mind I'd also like to ensure that the overall feel and enjoyability of the plugin is optimized in parallel. My main issues with carrying out that initiative though, are; lack of time, lack of developers & lack of support obviously cause i haven't really told anyone. But yeah as of rn I'm actually looking to join the pk concept team.
Lol well now that you've let out all your juicy secrets you could easily just weasel your way into the staff, steal THEIR juicy secrets, and then apply that to your plugin to become better. Honestly I feel like that's why they didn't make me Mod a while back when they were looking for them. I am WAY more active than all the mods and am WAY more helpful than I've seen any of them be combined but I'm also "Toxic" and cause drama so no wonder I'm not Mod now lmao.

But goodluck with your project. If your idea becomes a reality it seems like it'll be way better than anything we've experienced. I wish I had the time to dedicate to you, or else I'd totally help out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk