• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Looking Into Watermanipulation addition

NickC1211

This will add a charge function to watermanipulation. If a player clicks the water then holds shift for two seconds a block of water would raise and start spinning around the player. If they keep holding shift for two more seconds another block of water will join the spinning. When the water is spinning it looks like two watermanipulations circling the player. After this the user can let go of shift and run with the water. While the user sprints the water blocks move to either side. When the player is ready they can click to shoot their watermanipulations, kind of like watergimbal.

I thought of this because when I'm fighting as water and someone is baiting me on land and are out of reach of watermanipulation, I go on land and get my butt kicked. With this water has a chance to go on land armed with one or two watermanipulations that they can shoot at any time.

It'd look somewhat like this when running:

When walking or standing still:

Except the two water blocks would never touch and spin adjacent to each other.

Before anyone asks no this won't replace the current watermanipulation. And no it won't make bottles useless.

Last edited:
I thought of this because when I'm fighting as water and someone is baiting me on land and are out of reach of watermanipulation, I go on land and get my butt kicked. With this water has a chance to go on land armed with one or two watermanipulations that they can shoot at any time.
You can use waterarms for that, but I do like your idea.

The Range you can drag up to should be equal to how far you can shoot it.

Last edited:

NickC1211

You can use waterarms for that, but I do like your idea.

The Range you can drag up to should be equal to how far you can shoot it.
Ooh so like as far as you could shoot it from the water is as far as you could take it on land before you have to shoot it?

It would better to keep as left >> hold sneak. From what I understanding, your not changing the functionality, but only adding an animation to it. I don't see why we should change controls over that? This could happen when let's say the user is sprinting?

NickC1211

It would better to keep as left >> hold sneak. From what I understanding, your not changing the functionality, but only adding an animation to it. I don't see why we should change controls over that? This could happen when let's say the user is sprinting?
Please explain further I'm not sure if I understand

Please explain further I'm not sure if I understand
The Animation doesn't serve any new or additional functio, so therefor why not incorperated with how watermanipulation allow?

I'm thinkig after you selected the start, and start running, either one of two below (animations) should occur:
This

Or this

We seen them running while doing normal watermanipulation. So how about have that physical action be the trigger?

NickC1211

The Animation doesn't serve any new or additional functio, so therefor why not incorperated with how watermanipulation allow?

I'm thinkig after you selected the start, and start running, either one of two below (animations) should occur:
This

Or this

We seen them running while doing normal watermanipulation. So how about have that physical action be the trigger?
Well what if you want to select a source then run then shoot it from that source as opposed to it jumping up and following you as soon as you run.

What do you mean? Once you start running, two watermanipulation will be pulled from your sources or If you left click before that happens they will still be pulled and shot in a instant.

NickC1211

What do you mean? Once you start running, two watermanipulation will be pulled from your sources or If you left click before that happens they will still be pulled and shot in a instant.
Actually you're right I like that and it's actually kind of cool the way you run to activate it. But how would you make it so that two watermanipulations follow you.

Actually pure right I like that and it's actually kind of cool the way you run to activate it. But how would you make it so that two watermanipulations follow you.
Exactly how canonly it was portrayed. However I'll have to rewatch the scene to describe how it should follow the user.

Was that a question? If so, I think the spinning animation could be relevant when running imo.

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt

Yea it was a question lol cuz if I keep it spinning then we can have like 3 watermanipulations
I disagree with that. Watermanipulation shouldn't d 3 attacks. Perhaps unless waterbending gets continuity, they should be allowed to switch to Torrent and do Kya-Shards bullets.