• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Looking Into Watermanipulation addition

NickC1211

Verified Member
WaterArms in general serves as extra torrents / icespikes. Trust me, lots of people, even a CD agrees that it needs changing.
I'm gonna make the speech again. It doesn't matter if it is kind of similar to other moves. Ik some of you prefer "simplicity" and to not have multiple moves that do the same thing but that's what waterbending is. Every move basically does the same thing move water for offensive or defensive purposes. We could literally have just watermanipulation and torrent and you guys would be content. If it bothers you guys so much just don't use any of these moves you find "extra" or "unnecessary". I'm just sick of people shooting down an idea because it's too similar to another move.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I'm gonna make the speech again. It doesn't matter if it is kind of similar to other moves. Ik some of you prefer "simplicity" and to not have multiple moves that do the same thing but that's what waterbending is. Every move basically does the same thing move water for offensive or defensive purposes. We could literally have just watermanipulation and torrent and you guys would be content. If it bothers you guys so much just don't use any of these moves you find "extra" or "unnecessary". I'm just sick of people shooting down an idea because it's too similar to another move.
The Thing is, If there were 111 variations of unnecessary/extra watermanipulations, (overexaggrated number, I know, but my point stands...) the following issues would occur:
a)it would take longer for a plugin to load up due to the amount of them.
b)/b d list would feel like reading a whole bible to the end.
c)takes away the time for devs to do worthy abilities.

Don't get me wrong, I like your suggestion, because I think it would add a nice easter-egg animation from the show to the game. I'm just talking about the ideas in new abilities where people that are suggesting don't put much effort it into them, without making it less rip-offs from existing abilities. You really have to put much thought into ability your proposing for the plugin, so that it is really something USEFULL and not random trash picked up from a street.

NickC1211

Verified Member
The Thing is, If there were 111 variations of unnecessary/extra watermanipulations, (overexaggrated number, I know, but my point stands...) the following issues would occur:
a)it would take longer for a plugin to load up due to the amount of them.
b)/b d list would feel like reading a whole bible to the end.
c)takes away the time for devs to do worthy abilities.

Don't get me wrong, I like your suggestion, because I think it would add a nice easter-egg animation from the show to the game. I'm just talking about the ideas in new abilities where people that are suggesting don't put much effort it into them, without making it less rip-offs from existing abilities. You really have to put much thought into ability your proposing for the plugin, so that it is really something USEFULL and not random trash picked up from a street.
I get what you're saying and there is a point when it becomes too much. But I love looking at how full the earth bending move list is because there is so much to choose from. I want every element to have enough moves that just about every bender can have different binds.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Thought it makes harder to read the chat because it would a while to scroll through the chat :/

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt

xNuminousx

Verified Member
I think having different moves that do fairly the same thing is a great thing. In the show, we see benders using attack after attack, but some doing different things. Having, let's say, a Water Manipulation and an Ice Spike (Both exactly the same just look different and one applies an effect) allows for a bending to have the choice to rapidly attack if they so choose rather than being bound by a cooldown. By restricting the repetitiveness would make bending battles very slow and boring, as well as ineffective. Only having torrent and disregarding watermanip, ice spike, etc would be a boring battle if you ask me. Having TOO MANY repetitive moves is different. For example, having the current torrent, then having Jed's WaterGimbal as it's own move is silly. Water Gimbal could easily stay as a combo or be added to torrent. And Water Manip and Ice Spike could be combined. But having SOME repetitiveness is what makes battles a bit more edgy and what makes it all work nicely. Imagine if addon creators, including Jed, just left fire with only FireBlast. Fire was WAY more fast paced than just a fireblast. And you could say: What about the combos and combustion and stuff? Well, in the show you didn't see the typical combos you see people using in minecraft, for one. That's something they adapted because of the lack of "stuff" and 2 not every server allows access to combustion or lightning. In the show we saw firebenders shooting several blasts and doing quick tricks. Removing the repetitiveness would make bending stale IMO, but it's possible to become TOO repetitive. Mesk's scenario of 111 moves is highly overdramatic and unlikely but, I see where he's coming from. Having 3 variations of Water Manip would make water a bit more fast paced and make it look more diverse, as it was in the show.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
you didn't see the typical combos you see people using in minecraft
I should probably clarify that I don't mean official combos like FireSpin. I mean when people use like JetBlaze, FireSpin, FireBlast, FireKick, Wall Of Fire, FireWheel all at once. This was adapted, not canon.

Doing all of these moves at once would be really tiresome for any bender in the show.

NickC1211

Verified Member
I think having different moves that do fairly the same thing is a great thing. In the show, we see benders using attack after attack, but some doing different things. Having, let's say, a Water Manipulation and an Ice Spike (Both exactly the same just look different and one applies an effect) allows for a bending to have the choice to rapidly attack if they so choose rather than being bound by a cooldown. By restricting the repetitiveness would make bending battles very slow and boring, as well as ineffective. Only having torrent and disregarding watermanip, ice spike, etc would be a boring battle if you ask me. Having TOO MANY repetitive moves is different. For example, having the current torrent, then having Jed's WaterGimbal as it's own move is silly. Water Gimbal could easily stay as a combo or be added to torrent. And Water Manip and Ice Spike could be combined. But having SOME repetitiveness is what makes battles a bit more edgy and what makes it all work nicely. Imagine if addon creators, including Jed, just left fire with only FireBlast. Fire was WAY more fast paced than just a fireblast. And you could say: What about the combos and combustion and stuff? Well, in the show you didn't see the typical combos you see people using in minecraft, for one. That's something they adapted because of the lack of "stuff" and 2 not every server allows access to combustion or lightning. In the show we saw firebenders shooting several blasts and doing quick tricks. Removing the repetitiveness would make bending stale IMO, but it's possible to become TOO repetitive. Mesk's scenario of 111 moves is highly overdramatic and unlikely but, I see where he's coming from. Having 3 variations of Water Manip would make water a bit more fast paced and make it look more diverse, as it was in the show.
Yes yes yes someone gets it bending would be boring with only the base moves.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I think it should be addons just than PK cores to create same-fuctional, variations of an stock ability. Having 5 watermanipulations, 3 watershields, 7 icespikes just puts an unnecessary work for devs and clutters the list and adds up to the load time of a plugin. Variation are nice, but they really need to stand out in diversity and just be parodies/wanna-bes of something that already exists. I do prefer animation/particles changes or randomizations on situations in pre-existing abilities, such as running with WaterManipulation should provide a nice-whip-following-you animation.

NickC1211

Verified Member
I think it should be addons just than PK cores to create same-fuctional, variations of an stock ability. Having 5 watermanipulations, 3 watershields, 7 icespikes just puts an unnecessary work for devs and clutters the list and adds up to the load time of a plugin. Variation are nice, but they really need to stand out in diversity and just be parodies/wanna-bes of something that already exists. I do prefer animation/particles changes or randomizations on situations in pre-existing abilities, such as running with WaterManipulation should provide a nice-whip-following-you animation.
Im literally trying to learn to code for this reason exactly. One thing I realized a bit ago is that pretty much none of the suggestions I make will even be implemented even if they are looking into. Even if they did decide to add it on their schedule it wouldn't be a thing for the next two years (no offense).