• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied WaterGlobe

Status
Not open for further replies.

portal2lbp2

Verified Member
WaterGlobe - An original, highly stylized, waterbending combo.

Element: Water

Sub-Element: IceBending

Description: WaterGlobe is an offensive-inclined waterbending move, in which the Bender creates a globe (Or ball) of water around a target (Player, Sheep, Cow, Pig, etc.). After the sphere of water forms, and encases said entity, it will trap them in the globe until they can escape. (Whether it be through drowning, or bending out). If trapped inside an orb, a player could use simplistic moves, like airblast, or watermanipulation, in an attempt to get the Bender out of the crouching position.
The move can be activated through this combo sequence:
-Waterbubble (hold shift) > Surge (release shift) > Surge (hold shift) > Watermanipulation (left click while shifting)
-As long as the bender maintains holding shift (or until the configurable time limit runs out), the Globe will be sustained.
-Depending on a set preference, the globe will be able to follow the Bender's cursor

Applications: As mentioned, WaterGlobe is an entirely offensive WaterCombo, designed to trap one, or multiple, victims inside itself; allowing for a quick escape, a distraction, an opportunity to drown an enemy, or to stall while a players health regenerates.

Visual Representation: This move, as far as I can recollect, is not show canon. So, enjoy the Harry Potter version instead!

In addition, I have created some representations in Minecraft as well. Enjoy!

Modeling courtesy of @Kade:);)
Thanks for reading! I hope you find this as useful as I do!

Last edited:

Pookiemalookie

Verified Member
OH MY GASSSHHHH I've ALWAYS wanted a move like this and I luv how you got inspiration from Dumbledore! Gr8 job hon also can I please have a link to that shaders <3

portal2lbp2

Verified Member
OH MY GASSSHHHH I've ALWAYS wanted a move like this and I luv how you got inspiration from Dumbledore! Gr8 job hon also can I please have a link to that shaders <3
Thank you!! :D I'm glad you like it! Dumbledore's always great for inspiration, anyways. Not using him would have been a travesty on my part. xD. And here's the link to the shaders:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1291396-1-6-4-1-9-2-sildurs-shaders-pc-mac-intel-latest

portal2lbp2

Verified Member
But u have to take into account that this is a bit to much like avatar state waterflow
While it is true that it resembles the Avatar State ability- it, like Meskenas said, has a HUGE range, and is easily controllable. Ideally, you would still have to be within 5-15 blocks to continue sustaining Water globe on someone.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
But u have to take into account that this is a bit to much like avatar state waterflow
If you click my pasted link to the thread with this exact idea, but with a different inspiration source - Ming-Hua trapping Biolin in that waterbubble as shown in the gif in there. As you probably know, Ming Hua isn't even the avatar and if she did enter avatarstate her eyes would have than glowed.

Cheesewheel123

Verified Member
this definitely is canon. katara uses it when attacking zuko at the northern water tribe, and ming hua uses it to trap bolin at the misty palms oasis

MASTER-Pakku

Verified Member
As allready mentioned, this move was used in the series by ming hua and katara.
But it was also used in the movie (i know i know the movie is shit) by 4 waterbenders who killed shao (how the f* do you spell that:confused::rolleyes:)
But i really like this idea too!!!

Kade

Verified Member
As allready mentioned, this move was used in the series by ming hua and katara.
But it was also used in the movie (i know i know the movie is shit) by 4 waterbenders who killed shao (how the f* do you spell that:confused::rolleyes:)
But i really like this idea too!!!
Its Zhao ;)

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
This should only be performable (that's a word, right?) when the creature is presented in the bound element - water. It woukd be unfair for a waterbender to easily overpower earthbender like that.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Might I ask how could anyone bend inside this waterglobe (other than waterbenders)? There is no air and oxygen in there for airbenders and firebenders to bent. Earthbenders would also have hard time breaking it as they are a few feet away from their powering up source. While firebenders can create water-proof magicial fire that submerges in water and airbenders capable of generating air out of nowhere underwater to surround themselves in an air bubble, but I thinkk it would be great to change this physics once and for all, so we gotta start doing it from somewhere, right?

Last edited:

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Sorry for all my replies being a row, one after one! I'm on a phone and I don't want to delete my comment as I edit, so that I won't have to redo the comment back.

From the second picture of the looks, I don't think it should have freezing applications if that's what you intend it to have. For firebenders, I wouldn't mind it freezing them right after it engulfs them, because they would have at least some possible option to escape it by heatcontrolling.

Summarising, here are my suggestions for you to change for you're ability:
- Should only capture targets that are submerged or swimming (which ever you peferr) in water
- Disable bending for firebenders
(I had rethought about air, and realised they can bend air outside of the globe which is too close, allowing them to escape)
- No freezing part, except it should freeze automaticly when... on second thought, leave the freezing part.

That it is all probably I got to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.