• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied WaterGlobe

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Rethought it again, and I can conclude that it actually is useless, lol. I'm thinking it will have to drawn out of water with the players "hands" (unlike Surge, it teleports) and a bender can only move it around to imprison them by directing to them, but the ball can't not be shot as a projectile. The Distance between the user and the globe will be limited, making it hard to capture someone that easily (besides, waterbends don't bend water that far away).

Some might find this a problem of how an EarthBender and FireBender wouldn't be able to break out of this unfortunate deadly fate. For a fact, Firebenders ar indeed totally 100% screwed if nobody/nothing is there for them to help.

Last edited:

portal2lbp2

Verified Member
This should only be performable (that's a word, right?) when the creature is presented in the bound element - water. It woukd be unfair for a waterbender to easily overpower earthbender like that.
Oh, yeah. I completely agree. I should have specified, but in the example he's above water. I figured thy would need to be in water first for it to work. Though, it could just be configurable, because of there was enough water near the player, that could also work.

Last edited:

portal2lbp2

Verified Member
Sorry for all my replies being a row, one after one! I'm on a phone and I don't want to delete my comment as I edit, so that I won't have to redo the comment back.

From the second picture of the looks, I don't think it should have freezing applications if that's what you intend it to have. For firebenders, I wouldn't mind it freezing them right after it engulfs them, because they would have at least some possible option to escape it by heatcontrolling.

Summarising, here are my suggestions for you to change for you're ability:
- Should only capture targets that are submerged or swimming (which ever you peferr) in water
- Disable bending for firebenders
(I had rethought about air, and realised they can bend air outside of the globe which is too close, allowing them to escape)
- No freezing part, except it should freeze automaticly when... on second thought, leave the freezing part.

That it is all probably I got to say.
Thanks for the feedback! I'll update the post with the ideas reincorporated. I definitely agree, I had missed those thoughts when I was originally making the idea. Also, ideally the ability to capture someone above water (or not) would be configurable, as you could just have enough water near you to do that.

portal2lbp2

Verified Member
You could make it double as a defense for the waterbender. Water is the element of change
Hm. That's a good idea, but it seems difficult to implement, especially because it would need to change to actually protect you. Thanks for the feedback!

Pookiemalookie

Verified Member
I love using project Korra items so editing this move and making the globe GIANT will be so amazing love the idea also please if this is made a thing make a huge buff with avatar state -Harley ;)

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
QUOTEck11ckC1211, post: 57955, member: 2792" could make it double as a defense for the waterbender. Water is the element of change[/QUOTE]
the waterbender getting inside the globe if that's what you have in mind than I'll have to say no. Reason - the player will drown :p
It could have the qualities of surge shield, meaning it would have the same defense level as of that other construct.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
From what I gather reading his post, I can that it isn't the same as waterflow.

-First of all, how you see from the picture and canon perspective (namely by Ming-Hua), the bubble lifts up from the body of water where it is selected.
-Second, it's shaped into globe, not stream which you can obviously tell.
-Third, it drowns the victim, not transports him or her.

BryanPlays

Verified Member
From what I gather reading his post, I can that it isn't the same as waterflow.

-First of all, how you see from the picture and canon perspective (namely by Ming-Hua), the bubble lifts up from the body of water where it is selected.
-Second, it's shaped into globe, not stream which you can obviously tell.
-Third, it drowns the victim, not transports him or her.
But bolin didn't drown when he was in the ball of water

Loony

Verified Member
The problem with this is that you already have many ways to trap your opponent so it's not like this ability is greatly needed. As for aesthetics, I'm not sure it would look right because you can't really create a ball / circle in Minecraft. It would be cool to see, but I don't think it would fit well in the core.
I'm going to deny.

Status
Not open for further replies.