• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Waterbending - WaterDome

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwistedEons

Verified Member
Well that's my take on it, can't be TOO cramped, if not why the point of a shield that would harm you from a combustion by range and not by the shield's weakness?

TheBonnySimcraft

Verified Member
I really like this idea. Here just a few things I'd change/add. I think, the dome should be smaller. Bigger than the icebullet one but smaller than the Waterbubble sice. Also, in my opinion you should also be able to still walk with this under water, so you could have an ice shield underwater. <- just as an addon.
Hopefully it will be added. I miss (more) defensive moves for waterbenders.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
I really like this idea. Here just a few things I'd change/add. I think, the dome should be smaller. Bigger than the icebullet one but smaller than the Waterbubble sice. Also, in my opinion you should also be able to still walk with this under water, so you could have an ice shield underwater. <- just as an addon.
Hopefully it will be added. I miss (more) defensive moves for waterbenders.
IceShield Underwater? Are you crazy? That'll just make WaterDome an impenetrable forcefield just about...
(I still don't see how this is different from surge shield other than the part where it breaks, which should really apply to iceshield)

Hero

Verified Member
IceShield Underwater? Are you crazy? That'll just make WaterDome an impenetrable forcefield just about...
(I still don't see how this is different from surge shield other than the part where it breaks, which should really apply to iceshield)
How about that fact that it protects your from all sides? Adding a breaking feature to Surge would mess it up since it's only protecting one side to begin with. Sorry to break it to you, but if an IceShield existed, it wouldnt benefit anyone. The waterbender would be stuck and whoever he's fighting couldnt attack him.

HydroMan

Verified Member
How about that fact that it protects your from all sides? Adding a breaking feature to Surge would mess it up since it's only protecting one side to begin with. Sorry to break it to you, but if an IceShield existed, it wouldnt benefit anyone. The waterbender would be stuck and whoever he's fighting couldnt attack him.
As long the freeze dome underwater isn't frozen costantly, tied with the defenders focus, but acts like phasechange, then I wouldn't mind since only waterbenders have guts to go underwater and are superior underwater, they could just then unfreeze it and catch their feo to beat himher up.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Protecting all sides is just a buffed iceshield... as it is, IceShield has the capability of blocking nearly all of fire's attacks (WoF can clip through objects) and blocking all of air's attacks. This is why iceshield honestly needs a breaking feature. Not to mention it can create a forcefield blocking a person's approach in a hallway. Then we have this, which is a potential iceshield, but all around you. Luckily, it has it's saving grace, the breaking feature. But then we have the idea to go underwater with icedome, which would just unbalance water's defense even more. Water would then be the element of not only waiting to heal up, but also the element with plenty of other great moves such as torrent, healingwaters, and the normal surge. Water already has a lot that aids it- this is just unnecessary. Maybe as combo with a short ish duration, but as a move? No.

Hero

Verified Member
Protecting all sides is just a buffed iceshield... as it is, IceShield has the capability of blocking nearly all of fire's attacks (WoF can clip through objects) and blocking all of air's attacks. This is why iceshield honestly needs a breaking feature. Not to mention it can create a forcefield blocking a person's approach in a hallway. Then we have this, which is a potential iceshield, but all around you. Luckily, it has it's saving grace, the breaking feature. But then we have the idea to go underwater with icedome, which would just unbalance water's defense even more. Water would then be the element of not only waiting to heal up, but also the element with plenty of other great moves such as torrent, healingwaters, and the normal surge. Water already has a lot that aids it- this is just unnecessary. Maybe as combo with a short ish duration, but as a move? No.
wow. tl:dr

You can't water with waterdome because
  1. You can't even move the icedome unless you defrost it and move the watershield.
  2. You can't do water dome underwater.
So half of your argument is done.
I already said in my post long before you showed up saying IceDome will (not can, will) break eventually. So your other half as also been disgraced! ._.

You can pass though water so camping inside won't do you much good unless you intend to heal a little. A combo would just be stupid. Why would people want to invest in the time to think up a combo for something that could easily be added to an already existing move. It's not taking up a slot space and it will give WaterBubble more uses.

In case you also haven't noticed, Earth and Water are offensive and defensive; a big majority of their move sets have offensive and defensive mechanics. So adding WaterDome (Something that looks like a WaterBubble on land) makes more sense.

(By the way, air move have a bad tendency to glitch though solid blocks anyways.)

Last edited:

Hero

Verified Member
Summary:
  1. Needs a breaking feature, becuz its buffed iceshield
  2. Too op, as u can go underwater with it
  3. Make it a combo with short duration or a move?
I didnt spend 10 minutes trying to read it I mean. I barely skimmed it in 2 minutes ;)

HydroMan

Verified Member
I didnt spend 10 minutes trying to read it I mean. I barely skimmed it in 2 minutes ;)
You don't have to spend 10 minutes to read. I read it in a minute and an half. Why bother typing tl;dr if you already know what he wrote?

Hero

Verified Member
One question: why not use icebullet?
Because
  1. It can not protect you effectively. It's really small and cramped.
  2. If someone jumps in with you, then you are dead. You can't unfreeze it.
  3. You can not move it after its formed.
  4. It almost purely offensive.

HydroMan

Verified Member
How is this different from IceBullet? Water Dome is more defensive rather than offensive. It's bigger (about the size of night water bubble). You can freeze it. You cannot attack with it and you can move.
Oh nvm.

Status
Not open for further replies.