• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Waterbending - WaterDome

Status
Not open for further replies.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Because
  1. It can not protect you effectively. It's really small and cramped.
  2. If someone jumps in with you, then you are dead. You can't unfreeze it.
  3. You can not move it after its formed.
  4. It almost purely offensive.
Wouldn't be wiser to change the icebullet to have unfreeze feature with the use of phasechange? Idk how an ice dome would be moveable, if the bottom of it is supported and ramped by the ground, unless ofcourse the bender would lift it abit a few inches hovering the air still above them.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Well moving might be possible, but again, why not merge this with icebullet with it being moveable?

Hero

Verified Member
I guess so...
If we smashed waterdome and icebullet together, it wouldnt work well at all. You cant unfreeze the waterdome so you are just stuck with icedome which isn't that great. Plus you would be adding something primary offensive with something completely defensive causing them to either clash or become extremely op. That's why people need to stop trying to compare/make IceBullet WaterDome because it isn't the same.

Plus, WaterDome wont even take up a slot since its just an addon to waterbubble ;P

Fyf

Verified Member
Quick point, When moving about, Would the Ice Dome act as the frozen surge shield does? Because if that is the case then players could potentially phase through it, as is the case with the frozen surge shield.
Apart from this potential issue, It sounds like a great defensive move.

Hero

Verified Member
Quick point, When moving about, Would the Ice Dome act as the frozen surge shield does? Because if that is the case then players could potentially phase through it, as is the case with the frozen surge shield.
Apart from this potential issue, It sounds like a great defensive move.
Nope. When you freeze the dome, it would be stuck in that position (Hence why you cant move it) until you unfreeze it or other situations.

Nin01

Verified Member
I know I made this before, but I feel this one would be better.

Move: Water Dome
Type: Defensive
How long does it last? (Water) as long as the player holds shift. (Ice) until it is broken or unfrozen and released.

How to activate this: The player would go to Water Bubble and left click a water source and hold shift. A dome would slowly form around the player starting from the bottom to the top. If the player wants to freeze, just left click.

How is this different from IceBullet? Water Dome is more defensive rather than offensive. It's bigger. You can freeze it. You cannot attack with it and you can move unless you are using the ice dome verison.

How is this not OP?

1. People can pass through the water version.
  2. People can shatter a hole in the ice dome.
  3. You cannot attack while holding the dome.
  4. It rises slowly.
  5. Can only be done with water.
How is this useful?
  1. You can block all fire moves with the water dome.
  2. You can keep people out with ice dome until you plan something.
  3. You can guard friends.
  4. Can protect you from large attacks.
Extra Info.
All elements (including chi) can shatter the ice dome. Use heavy damage moves like EarthSmash, Lightning, Charge Fireblast, and AirBurst to shatter the dome in a few hits. Use enough light moves like Airsweep, Airswipe (Charge breaks it faster), WaterManip. Earthblast (Most damaging light move), Fireblast, and All Chi moves to break the ice dome.

Suggestions are always great.

NOTE: Ice Dome wont require shifting as it's being supported by the ground.
I like this idea, especially since this is possible to get through and this should be added. But be aware that this looks very similar to the IceBullet combo.

Green

Verified Member
I don't know why everyone is comparing this to IceBullet, because really it is nothing like it. I think it is great but maybe you should add something to it so it could be more like water bending really is, like turning defense into offense and vise versa.

Nin01

Verified Member
I don't know why everyone is comparing this to IceBullet, because really it is nothing like it. I think it is great but maybe you should add something to it so it could be more like water bending really is, like turning defense into offense and vise versa.
Maybe there should be an attack when you let go of shift, like destroying the dome and blasting the water/ice from it...

Hero

Verified Member
Yep I totally agree
Yes kind of like lightningburst in a way.....
The problem with that is then people would compare it to IceBullet even more and water dome is purely defensive by nature. But I don't mind you switching to a move and using the water dome to power it.

Like when Katara when from IceDome to IceSpike

Status
Not open for further replies.