• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Waterbending - WaterDome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Green

Verified Member
OK YOU PEOPLE ARE ACTUALLY CRAZY! This move is NOTHING like IceBullet I don't even know why you think that.... And just because my suggestion is not from the show doesn't mean it isn't possible.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
And just because my suggestion is not from the show doesn't mean it isn't possible.
Nobody said it wasn't impossible.
This move is NOTHING like IceBullet I don't even know why you think that....
It has the same shape of it. And since he didn't describe much how it differs a lot from IceBullet's defense aspect, it is in some link considerate to be alike.

Last edited:

Green

Verified Member
You can't have ice bullet on for ever....... And you can't have multiple people in it... Soooooo

Hero

Verified Member
Nobody said it wasn't impossible.

It has the same shape of it. And since he didn't describe much how it differs a lot from IceBullet's defense aspect, it is in some link considerate to be alike.
I really shouldn't have to describe how WaterDome is different from IceBullet. For one, this WaterDome suggestion has been around for almost a year, I just revamped it but it's almost quite literally the same. And two, the only reason why people are considering WaterDome and IceBullet the same is because of the shape. They're both domes. Because WaterDome/IceDome is an addition to the already existing move WaterBubble, the IceBullet combo would actually make much more sense...

And before you start pulling more stuff on me, do note that WaterDome came first in the series. And that IceBullet is literally an IceDome with shards coming off of it. Because IceBullet is IceDome, it would make sense if you use WaterDome/IceDome for defensive purposes too.

And...

You can't make IceBullet a substitute WaterDome because IceBullet wasn't made to be defensive. It's made to be offensive.

Fyf

Verified Member
In my opinion, they are literally the same thing, They are both ice domes, the main differences being that IceDome is larger and IceBullet shoots ice at people.
IceBullet is also more defensive than the proposed IceDome, this is because it doesn't have the breaking/ shattering mechanic.

"You cant fit team mates into IceBullet to defend them!!!"
  • -Yes you can, its just a slightly tighter squeeze, are you planning to try and fit a family of 5 into your IceDome?
  • -Minecraft doesn't currently have collision enabled for players, so technically you could fit an infinite number of players inside IceBullet.

"IceBullet is defensive while IceDome is defensive!!!"
  • -IceBullet sounds more defensive than IceDome in practice because IceBullet doesn't break when hit by bending, due to this fact I would still use IceBullet over IceDome for defence.
  • -With IceBullet you get the above point and you can shoot projectiles at people.

Due to these points, IceBullet is just a better version of the proposed IceDome, and therefore is pretty useless in my opinion.

Hero

Verified Member
In my opinion, they are literally the same thing, They are both ice domes, the main differences being that IceDome is larger and IceBullet shoots ice at people.
IceBullet is also more defensive than the proposed IceDome, this is because it doesn't have the breaking/ shattering mechanic.

"You cant fit team mates into IceBullet to defend them!!!"
  • -Yes you can, its just a slightly tighter squeeze, are you planning to try and fit a family of 5 into your IceDome?
  • -Minecraft doesn't currently have collision enabled for players, so technically you could fit an infinite number of players inside IceBullet.

"IceBullet is defensive while IceDome is defensive!!!"
  • -IceBullet sounds more defensive than IceDome in practice because IceBullet doesn't break when hit by bending, due to this fact I would still use IceBullet over IceDome for defence.
  • -With IceBullet you get the above point and you can shoot projectiles at people.

Due to these points, IceBullet is just a better version of the proposed IceDome, and therefore is pretty useless in my opinion.
Can you give me any other reason why this shouldn't be added? Considering the only reason why IceDome exist is because I realized developers can make it so left clicking can freeze the water. While you are saying IceBullet is more defensive because it doesn't shatter, keep in mind that you cannot hold IceBullet forever. IceBullet would either disappear from shooting shards of itself or the combo cooldown would set in. With Water/IceDome, you can keep it as long as you want by just holding shift.

Water/IceDome isn't primary about defending other people. If you want to protect other people, just freeze them. This is so you can protect yourself from all sides. There are times when you don't know where someone is or times when you just want to block all sides of yourself. WaterDome allows you to block most fire attacks while IceDome allows for more protection with the cost of it shattering eventually.

1.9 will add collision to players again so cramming everyone in IceBullet is not only dumb but reckless.

Also, IceBullet is offensive because it's a combo. Water/IceDome is a move. Because it's an addition to an already existing move, it would make the combo make more sense and it wouldn't take up slot space. If we are bring up ways to use moves as other moves, you could use Torrent for freezing so why have Surge freeze? You can use Surge to throw yourself places so why use WaterWave?

There really isn't a reason why this shouldn't be added. Besides, this suggestion has been around a whole lot longer than IceBullet.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
With the point 1.9 release, after PK whenever starts supporting it, this or even every other ability that creates ice shaped balls/cubes could replace normal ice blocks into frosted ones, it would add up the animation of literally cracking/shattering slowly before everything breaks. (Haven't tested how this block works, so I'm speculating that it might actually look good. You can correct me if I'm wrong)

Hero

Verified Member
I was suggesting that it should have the animation when it breaks, by whatever thing that breaks it from your idea.
That's a nice idea, but PK won't update to 1.9 for a little bit. If this move becomes a thing before 1.9, then you should make a suggestion for it. Of course if this comes after 1.9, then I would like it.

Hero

Verified Member
Ok. You go and do a combo while everyone else left clicks and shifts.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
This does seems to me like an combitation of both abilities into one: surge to form a huge wall, waterbubble to shape it in a forcefield shape. I can see why this would fit for a combo.

Hero

Verified Member
This does seems to me like an combitation of both abilities into one: surge to form a huge wall, waterbubble to shape it in a forcefield shape. I can see why this would fit for a combo.
Why do you think IceBullet is a combo? Because it's a waterbender using IceDome and firing ice from it!

There is literally no point in turning a move that doesn't even take a slot into a combo. "IceBullet looks like WaterDome!"
And IceSpike looks like WaterManip. I get it.

"IceBullet is more protective."
No it's not. The dome is so close to you, a combustion could easily hit you. Plus, you can't even unfreeze it to move around.

"It should be turned into a combo!"
No it shouldn't. Nothing and no one will benefit from turning a add-on into a combo. That just means you have to do unnecessary work to even get the thing working.

"We should combine it with IceBullet!"
With my WaterDome, you have the ability to change its form. If you meld it to IceBullet, you cannot unfreeze it as you would be left and right clicking to shoot the ice.

This is just a note but this suggestion has been around longer than IceBullet. So excuse my persistence to actually get this thing done.

Hero

Verified Member
Also

Just because IceBullet can shoot ice doesn't make it better. IceSpike is like WaterManip. except it slows people down. It's still not that different of a move. There is no reason why we should even consider WaterDome to be IceBullet.

Status
Not open for further replies.