• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Waterbending Ability- Steam Shroud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venusaur0817

Verified Member
Element- Water

Action- sneak on source, then left click at opponent

Effect- blindness, 5 seconds

Description- Steam Shroud will enable a waterbender to create a cloud of steam, and send it at their opponent, blinding them for a few seconds. This ability is used by using sneak on a source, and then left clicking to send it at your opponent. This will be demonstrated via smoke and water particles travelling towards your opponent, and blinding them upon hitting them, showing them in a cloud of smoke and water particles for the duration of the effect. This can be done with water bottles as well.

In the show:

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
I don't think this should be bottlebendable, otherise this is nothing but a water version of SmokeScreen (SmokeBomb?). A cooldown should be added, and I think if we are going to blind someone with fog, it should last longer.

Apart of that, I like it :D

Varni1

Verified Member
I agree with Taiko here. If were to create a shroud of steam, it would be realistic to not make shrouds from a water bottle. It's only because in essence, water bottles only hold a small amount of water. You would need a couple of source blocks to make actual shroud of steam. A water bottle could be used to tiny steam clouds, but if you want a shroud, I suggest to not make steam shroud bottle bendable.

promancer

Verified Member
Element- Water

Description- Steam Shroud will enable a waterbender to create a cloud of steam, and send it at their opponent, blinding them for a few seconds. This ability is used by using sneak on a source, and then left clicking to send it at your opponent. This will be demonstrated via smoke and water particles travelling towards your opponent, and blinding them upon hitting them, showing them in a cloud of smoke and water particles for the duration of the effect. This can be done with water bottles as well.

In the show:
I think it should have a wider version of airstream but less condensed with particles.

Hero

Verified Member
Noice, I like it. Devs said they wont add steambending for who knows what reason.

IceEyes

Verified Member
Element- Water

In the show:
Maybe it should also give them burndamage since steam is extremly hot (try holding your hand for a länger periodof time over a cooking pot).

FearlessPie121

Verified Member
If it is as a status effect you are meaning too say, then I'm all against this. Steam shouldn't make you blind. Making particles covering all the spaces, hidingsomeone or something, then I'm all up for that. If adding blindness stasus effect, that is a huge no for me.
Lets just hope it's not laggy

Status
Not open for further replies.