• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Upcoming Development Q&A

xNuminousx

Verified Member
So is this still a thing that's happening or?

P.S. if you try saying my name in the video either call me Tyler or (if you want to use my Pk/MC name) pronounce it: New-min-nus

New - The word "New"
Min- Short for Minute "Min"
Nus- "Us" but with in N in front "Nus"

Newminus = Numinous.

Think of Luminous I guess...

A lot of people say it like "Numb-eh-nus" NOPE WRONG

Sobki

Staff member
Lead Developer
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
So is this still a thing that's happening or?

P.S. if you try saying my name in the video either call me Tyler or (if you want to use my Pk/MC name) pronounce it: New-min-nus

New - The word "New"
Min- Short for Minute "Min"
Nus- "Us" but with in N in front "Nus"

Newminus = Numinous.

Think of Luminous I guess...

A lot of people say it like "Numb-eh-nus" NOPE WRONG
Good to know that I have been pronouncing your name in my head correct all along :D

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
What happened to the "must denied thread after 24 hours" rule? Was the whole Mist 'Suggestion Revamped' just scratched? One of the Concept Designers savagely denied my recently thread straight away after 30/50 minutes or between after I postef it.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
PS: Why does it HAVE to be for development only? I think there are tons of questions here that you could answer, obviously people are curious. Why not be broad and answer all kinds of questions?

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
What's the average number of bugs you fix per beta/stable?
Any other ways you're planning to promote the plugin (other than bringing people from in-game and this site)? Perhaps through bending 'animations' on youtube (honestly, I think that would be a great way to advertise more people into download/play ing it).
How's RPG going?
What do the "Builder" department do? I want to know! >:eek:
Wiki? ... I think I asked this one.
What job/section/part each dev is assign to work on? Like, does one, two or three go on fixing bugs, while the other devs do new features?
How many devs are working for each sub-plugin?
This may be too soon to ask, but what about ProjectKorra mod?
am I stupid?
Who's the best bender out of all of you?
Anyone likes chi?
Any other incorperation from 1.9 of the game, apart from the upcoming tremorsense glow effect?
Spirits?
Trash Dove?!
Should Air have offensive abilities?
What is the dopest ability you guys thought off and/or had created/creating/will create ? What is the most sexiest ability in the world?

Last edited:

ErgoProxy

Verified Member
Umh, I'm not quite active here, I've been lurking here since 2 years or so :eek: but i have a couple of questions about development, maybe some (or all) of them has been answered already, but here i go:
  • What is the worst/hardest part of developing a new ability/feature/thing? (Planning, coding, testing, "interaction" with the rest of the project, etcetera).
  • There was features you wanted to introduce to the plugin but you couldn't? For example, because the limitations of Spigot.
  • Have you considered introducing some kind of RPG-ish system to the plugin? (i don't really know if this is development or concept related tbh).
  • Is there some rework/overhaul to any element planned?
More to come, when i remember them. :p

xNuminousx

Verified Member
I can actually answer some of these for you....
What is the worst/hardest part of developing a new ability/feature/thing? (Planning, coding, testing, "interaction" with the rest of the project, etcetera).
Definitely the coding.... The testing could actually get pretty frustrating if things just aren't working right...
Have you considered introducing some kind of RPG-ish system to the plugin?
http://projectkorra.com/threads/rpg-skill-trees.5117/ <---- That link is to a suggestion Loony was wanting input on. You can add some suggestions there if you'd like.
Is there some rework/overhaul to any element planned?
All actually... Pk 1.9 will be a complete rework of the elements. From changing Fire Shield (I belive...) into Fire Manipulation to a possible Air Jump. Check out their development process HERE.

ErgoProxy

Verified Member
I can actually answer some of these for you....

Definitely the coding.... The testing could actually get pretty frustrating if things just aren't working right...

http://projectkorra.com/threads/rpg-skill-trees.5117/ <---- That link is to a suggestion Loony was wanting input on. You can add some suggestions there if you'd like.

All actually... Pk 1.9 will be a complete rework of the elements. From changing Fire Shield (I belive...) into Fire Manipulation to a possible Air Jump. Check out their development process HERE.
Oh, nice! I knew they had to be already answered, are pretty general and common ones...

I'll check those links :)

OmniCypher

Staff member
Lead Developer
Administrator
Plugin Developer
PS: Why does it HAVE to be for development only? I think there are tons of questions here that you could answer, obviously people are curious. Why not be broad and answer all kinds of questions?
This video is coming directly from the development department. A lot of people want the development department to be more transparent and this is part of our attempt to do that. This video is more about answering the communities questions about ProjectKorra development. Examples of these could be "Yo omni how'd you start developing", @ErgoProxy 's "What is the worst/hardest part of developing a new ability/feature/thing?" or @MeskenasBoii 's "What's the average number of bugs you fix per beta/stable?". This isn't really about upcoming content buuuut that doesn't mean we won't throw in a few clues to upcoming content.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Yo omni how'd you start developing?

.... Nobody asked this yet, so I'm taking the opportunity to be the first to ask :D

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Is a Bug Reporter now a legit department?
Mist has any opinion, either positive or negative, about.... anything about PK?
For each DEV: what's you're favourite programming language?
On average, how long it takes to create...? an ability? a command with its feature? RPG concepts?probending-ish things, fix a bug? config stuff?
What's you're favourite thing (from above said) to code in PK?
Any stuff you recall that you liked on working before it was finished or scraped?
Does PK help improve and if so what did it improved on your coding skills?

Last edited:

Sobki

Staff member
Lead Developer
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Is a Bug Reporter now a legit department?
Mist has any opponent, either positive or negative, about.... anything about PK?
For each DEV: what's you're favourite programming language?
On average, how long it takes to create...? an ability? a command with its feature? RPG concepts?probending-ish things, fix a bug? config stuff?
What's you're favourite to code in PK?
Any stuff you recall like on working before it was finished or scraped?
Does PK help improve and if so what did it improved on your coding skills?
Good questions, I don't get the second one, and are all the others aimed at all developers...? o_O

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Gramatical typo: Opinion* lol

the Questions are more focused on devs, but aren't necessary exclusively to them. Other staff members can answer them.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
So.......... How 'bout that airline food?

*real Q&A question for anyone involved in any Java work involving anything involving the letters P-R-O-J-E-C-T-K-A (just saying)*