• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

[Time to talk] Waterbending

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
Ok, guys, time to talk.
This thread is oriented to staff, but everybody feel free to post here.

One question that I have since I first waterbent: will we ever have water reuse?

It is like this: We already have a kind of water reuse (if you didn't know, surprise!), in which you can use a WaterManipulation shot as a source. But this, and many waterbenders and non-waterbenders may think, isn't enough. I talk in the name of main waterbenders:

"Will we ever have water reuse? If yes, soon?"

Thanks for the attention.

Hero

Verified Member
To be honest, I believe staff should focus on making the moves they marked "Looking Into" for a year now if they are making anything. Im also for creative freedom, but thats another rant for another time.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
To be honest, I believe staff should focus on making the moves they marked "Looking Into" for a year now if they are making anything. Im also for creative freedom, but thats another rant for another time.
I personally believe that they should rebalance the plugin throughout a string of reworks for each element, and possibly using the threads that they marked "Looking Into" Elements right now, to be honest, are NOTHING like they were in the show. Waterbending could use water efficiently in many different ways, but right now, that feature doesn't seem to be coming anytime soon. Earthbenders have been shown to endure hardships of the other benders' attacks, but with earthsmash launching you up like a damn spring, things have gone pretty... wonky with earth. (Other then that, I think that earthbenders do have the ability to wait and endure attacks with raiseearth. The feature could use improvements though) Firebenders were shown to overwhelm opponents with their powerful attacks, but I'm pretty sure you and I can agree that firebending isn't like that right now because of firejet. (I could go with a rant, but let's not go there) An airbender's focus in battle was mainly to find the path of least resistance, but airbenders tend to just practically fly around with airblastjump.

Okay got a little bit off topic there....
What do I think about this thread? I'd personally prefer if this feature was added with a giant waterbending revamp.

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
I personally believe that they should rebalance the plugin throughout a string of reworks for each element, and possibly using the threads that they marked "Looking Into" Elements right now, to be honest, are NOTHING like they were in the show. Waterbending could use water efficiently in many different ways, but right now, that feature doesn't seem to be coming anytime soon. Earthbenders have been shown to endure hardships of the other benders' attacks, but with earthsmash launching you up like a damn spring, things have gone pretty... wonky with earth. (Other then that, I think that earthbenders do have the ability to wait and endure attacks with raiseearth. The feature could use improvements though) Firebenders were shown to overwhelm opponents with their powerful attacks, but I'm pretty sure you and I can agree that firebending isn't like that right now because of firejet. (I could go with a rant, but let's not go there) An airbender's focus in battle was mainly to find the path of least resistance, but airbenders tend to just practically fly around with airblastjump.

What do I think about this thread? I'd personally prefer if this feature was added with a giant waterbending revamp.
The truth has finally been spoken.

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member

HydroMan

Verified Member
I might as well drool all over myself just by looking at this thread and seeing this mechanic being added :S

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Preach! I hope we get this in the following build /patches for 1.8.x before they moved into chi.

NickC1211

Verified Member
I think they are working on a more fluid waterbending system but they haven't given us much info on it. They really need to go back and look at Kiams old thread on dynamic sourcing and reuse

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Well they set it complete like it was done and still haven't implemented those other things
Probably they overlooked it. They tag stuff sometimes weirdly. Like when there is a thread about something that is already introduced, they deny it rather setting it complete which would be more logical.

NickC1211

Verified Member
Probably they overlooked it. They tag stuff sometimes weirdly. Like when there is a thread about something that is already introduced, they deny it rather setting it complete which would be more logical.
But so many people commented how incomplete it was

NickC1211

Verified Member
The main thing they need to do is make it so that waterbenders can reuse water being actively bent. Also a puddle system would be interesting too as lon as it doesn't flood.