• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

The Future of Project Korra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chkirby

Verified Member
So you admit that his thread is pointless?
I am not the maker of the thread but I believe this states as the title implies. About the future of PK and what the maker believes would be the ideal path and what some community members such as myself have been trying to voice but have been coming off at the wrong foot. But I cannot speak for the maker of the thread that is just my view.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
It seems kind of weird that that named people were online at the time asking when the addon would be added and waiting for it. Even one of the members was on an alternate account.
Everyone I put in the code was online at that time. Alex is always online cuz he never sleeps, and loony was online because of the current time. I fail to see how online time is relevant.

Sorin

Verified Member
I am not the maker of the thread but I believe this states as the title implies. About the future of PK and what the maker believes would be the ideal path and what some community members such as myself have been trying to voice but have been coming off at the wrong foot. But I cannot speak for the maker of the thread that is just my view.
All you and these "community members" have done is cause pointless problems for the pk staff that are already dealing with this situation.

Chkirby

Verified Member
Simply making an account and complaining about everything doesnt make you a "community member". It makes you a forum member, but the community is much closer with eachother.
All of us are part of the PK community and this thread has straightened out many "complaints" that have been stated. There are many people who agree with this post and by simply making an account and making a thread offering suggestions and change makes yourself a community member. Yes it is true some members have gotten hasty and made some remarks that could have been avoided. But that goes for everyone, this whole thing has been taken too far and has become unnecessary. It is being dealt with, so I suggest we end this discussion quietly while still maintaining peace with each other.

Loony

Verified Member
I have a few things to say.
Firstly, having only 9 moves limites the user. We enjoy to see many different play styles and the option to create your own binds and trying to see what works the best for you, the user. It offers diversity and we get many, many suggestions for new moves because the community wants them.

Secondly, the communication may seem bad between PK staff and the community from the outside but in reality, it isn't. We simply aren't allowed to give you "updates" so to speak about things or tell you what's to come. We don't know an exact time frame when things are going to be done or if it will be done so we aren't allowed to comment much about upcoming features. For example, @AlexTheCoder made something for Fire that completely changed things and when it came to release it we changed our minds and didn't release it. Luckily to community hasn't noticed and isn't asking us all the time when it's going to be released.

Thirdly, ProjectKorra is not set in stone. The example I gave above clarify's that, and we haven't forgot about balancing. We just did a balanced config patch.

Fourthly, if Finn were to be punished for sending out a malicious addon, would any developer (not official) that has submitted an addon to ProjectKorra be punished if they sent someone a malicious addon because that person thought the developer was trusted because he submits addons?
The way I see it, Finn didn't use his staff rank to gain their trust.
If I logged onto a server, they did /b w Loonytoon and they OP'd me because I was a Concept Designer and I griefed their server, I would be a bad person but should I get in trouble for that?
Yes, Finn did a bad thing. He should receive a warning and be told not to do it again and have that be the end of it.
- side note, they also tried to pin that on me and Alex, we had nothing to do with it.

And finally, let me just say that the thing that's holding PK'a potential back is the lack of developers. Too little developers with too much work. >.>

Sorin

Verified Member
Firstly, having only 9 moves limites the user. We enjoy to see many different play styles and the option to create your own binds and trying to see what works the best for you, the user. It offers diversity and we get many, many suggestions for new moves because the community wants them.

Secondly, the communication may seem bad between PK staff and the community from the outside but in reality, it isn't. We simply aren't allowed to give you "updates" so to speak about things or tell you what's to come. We don't know an exact time frame when things are going to be done or if it will be done so we aren't allowed to comment much about upcoming features. For example, @AlexTheCoder made something for Fire that completely changed things and when it came to release it we changed our minds and didn't release it. Luckily to community hasn't noticed and isn't asking us all the time when it's going to be released.

Thirdly, ProjectKorra is not set in stone. The example I gave above clarify's that, and we haven't forgot about balancing. We just did a balanced config patch.

Fourthly, if Finn were to be punished for sending out a malicious addon, would any developer (not official) that has submitted an addon to ProjectKorra be punished if they sent someone a malicious addon because that person thought the developer was trusted because he submits addons?
If I logged onto a server, they did /b w Loonytoon and they OP'd me because I was a Concept Designer and I griefed their server, I would be a bad person but should I get in trouble for that?
Yes, Finn did a bad thing. He should receive a warning and be told not to do it again and have that be the end of it.
- side note, they also tried to pin that on me and Alex, we had nothing to do with it.

And finally, let me just say that the thing that's holding PK'a potential back is the lack of developers. Too little developers with too much work. >.>
I love you!

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member

All I'm gonna say, thank you. >.>

Loony

Verified Member
- on another side note;
I don't understand why people are "seperating" TLA player's and PK player's. I'm an 'original TLA' player, so is @AlexTheCoder
I thank Project Korra for allowing me to continue to enjoy bending in minecarft and continue to make lots and lots of new friends. I can own an updated bending server because of the PK and for that I thank Mist and all of the other staff.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
- on another side note;
I don't understand why people are "seperating" TLA player's and PK player's. I'm an 'original TLA' player, so is @AlexTheCoder
I thank Project Korra for allowing me to continue to enjoy bending in minecarft and continue to make lots and lots of new friends. I can own an updated bending server because of the PK and for that I thank Mist and all of the other staff.
Add me to that. :p

Verified Member
- on another side note;
Same; started out on a bending server which is now closed. That was literally the most fun thing I had to do in the summer of 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.