• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Stream

Status
Not open for further replies.

Green

Stream-

This ability, when left clicked on a water source, will make a 3 block long line of water next to the bender that will follow them where they go. This will have 3 functions shield, shoot, and dodge.

Shield:
When you shift it will create a 1 width and 2 high water shield in front of you. To retain the shield you must be shifting, and to freeze it left click while still shifting.

Shoot:
To shoot simply left click this will shoot the water very fast at the target. To "freeze" an entity shift before it hits the target. (This ability is redirectable but will be hard for most benders because it moves so fast.) It will be encased in ice for as long as you hold shift, so you can't trap them in there forever. This ball of ice will not be so large so it doesn't take up space.

Dodge:
This will allow the bender to jump up 3 blocks when they right click the ground. This is good for getting over walls and dodging to moves that cannot be blocked by the shield.

This move is bottle bendable.

Green

This ability is made for a fast pace fight where there is no time to switch to a different move. And this adds mobility because you can run with this by your side, so water is not confined to a water source.

Still would be better off as an Surge function. If you wanted to shoot it, you could. Surge should also switch into torrent, shapping the shield into the ring. And for transportation, it should allow to change it into waterwave. For example http://projectkorra.com/threads/water-combo-reusing-water.951/

Besides, not trying discourage you for sharing your ideas, but one of them this one doesn't make this ability unique because this are just weakend versions of the existing abilities.

Last edited:

Green

They are quicker more mobile versions of these abilities. The problem with them is no water bender can be in a fast paced match with a fire bender because everything has to charge.

They are quicker more mobile versions of these abilities. The problem with them is no water bender can be in a fast paced match with a fire bender because everything has to charge.
To keep it fair, surge, water wave and torrent would have to be removed. Without removing that, than I propose Water Reusement to be a thing for the game.

Green

I'm not saying this is needed because you can switch back and forth moves fast, but because they are quick and small moves to use. Not everyone in a fight has the time to wait for torrent, and waterwave to circle around you. As of now water has no chance of dodging anything with there moves. Also back to the mobility part of it, you cannot at all use any moves as of now away from a water source without slowly walking while crouching, which is a pain for most water benders. This combines all the moves together making them faster working together and faster in general.

Surge would have to be removed from the plugin, because this replaces it completely. It doesn't differ from anything that standalone ability has, much other than the size of it.

I know you said that. But what's the point of having them both, when both of them do surge. Yours benefitial, dominating the current ability. Here's a comparison

Stream
Pros: has three abilities, fast pace, surge technique can be switched from shield into surge
Cons: smaller size

Surge
Pros: Bigger size
Cons: slower, sucks that doesn't have pros of the steam.

While both of these abilities constructs have different size, they both pretty much can cover the player with the same decent defense level by their sufficient size. People would prefer using Stream for the wave/shield aspect often, than the Surge ability, leaving rarely use ,resulting to not bind it because its useless.

Last edited:
Summing this again more cleary. Surge is useless over stream! Why? Because Stream is FASTER, can be LAUNCHED from a barrial into wave while Surge has nothing better over your's, making it worthless ability. Size doesn't make Surge much beneficial from it, so it would better off if you applied the stream the size to be bigger of Surge.

Last edited:

Green

Well the size of surge does matter to protect others and to launch it at people to freeze them.

Well the size of surge does matter to protect others and to launch it at people to freeze them.
For me, it would better off to remove surge and make the size bigger of the stream or not. Surge loses because it has to many cons than Stream, and I feel like just the size benefit of it not gonna fill up my need in worth having it at all.

Or we could make Surge do all of the 3 things of your stream concept. The Point is that they are identical of the main application preference, so either one of them must go.

Moonelight

Dodge:
This will allow the bender to jump up 3 blocks when they right click the ground. This is good for getting over walls and dodging to moves that cannot be blocked by the shield.
This is the only difference this move has from Surge. I also don't like the "Dodge"' capability, mainly because it wouldn't work like a Waterbending move should. We've never seen something like that, and I don't think we ever will.

Denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.