• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Complete Special Bender Chance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
La la la la la...Normal day of looking in threads. Still see that no one is paying attention to this....Still dont like the prodigy system...no new here. Oh wait...THIS PICTURE IS!
Good riddance. Cats are the devil's spawn.

SvenTurtle98

Verified Member
I think it would be a bit unfair if it was randomly distributed. I would like to see it as a leveling up system like after you get so many kills, or have played for so many hours, you get to choose a subelement that you would like to learn. And then after you've played a certain amount of time with the subelement, you would get to choose another one.

My reasoning behind this is that not all benders are just gifted with these skills. For example, Toph could sandbend but she was also able to metalbend because she was such a good earthbender, that she could tell there was earth in metal. Katara was gifted with a powerful healing ability, but in the Northern Water tribe, all bending women learn to heal in one way or another.

These skills were all learned because the bender was very skilled, not just because they were born with it.

XDC122

Verified Member
I like this idea, but if you're not a prodigy you can at least be able to become just as good as one.

What I mean is weather you're born with or without talent, that the end result would equal the same power. One just has to find a way to get there.

That everyone "can" find ways to actually learn for instance metal bending, even if they are not chosen to be able to metal bend. And the students being lucky, thats why they can metal bend is probably completely false. In that case metal bending isn't that rare anymore. When you mean that some earth benders can't become metal bender is probably because they either don't want to, or not dedicated enough.

What I thought is, if there are ways to actually learn, earn or gain these "special type moves or subs" but that some are born with the talent to get those faster and easier. That everyone gets an opportunity, that their power isn't decided based on being "born lucky". In this case, just being lucky.

But ofc what actually makes these moves more rare would be how difficult it is to gain them, and that "prodigies" can learn them easier.

(Spoiler alert, from some of the Endings in "The Last AirBender") Azula was a prodigy, right? Zuko wasn't, yet Zuko ended up defeating Azula and became fire lord. That was some of the ending in The Last Airbender.

So you guys probably get the point by now.

Even if you're not a "prodigy", all end results are the same power. One just gotta grasp it.
That in the end server advantage or disadvantage doesn't have anything to say when it comes the limits of how powerful on can become.

I have a feeling I would regret posting this. Or everyone would disagree.

XDC122

Verified Member
aahh...ahahahahah. Still counts. Ehehehe ups srry:p
And I'm pretty sure Zuko would have won if Katara wasn't there. He did take the bullet for her after all. (The scene where Zuko intentionally got struck by Azula in order to protect Katara, hope I'm not wrong again, I saw the series long ago okay!)

Moonelight

Verified Member
The chances of ProjectKorra including a leveling up system are very low, in fact I believe Mist said he would never include one. And I agree with him. Because you're given the base element moves, you should be able to become a strong bender with ease. The Prodigy status is only to diversify bending, we have our regulars, then the uncommon benders (with some cool subelements), and then we have the one in a million benders who could knock you to the ground in an instant. It doesn't matter if you're given all of the subelements or not, because if you train enough you could become just as good. Prodigies are naturally born a step ahead of every other bender, in other words they advance faster in bending.

Prodigies - Advance faster, thus the extra boosts
Regular benders - Slower advancement, which explains the lack of a boost
Special benders (more than 1 subelement) - You're naturally born with your subelements, so yes it is just a matter of unlocking them. Though you can't unlock what you don't have. Korra has availability to ALL subelements, she just needs to learn them before she can use them.

If you want to ask me any questions, please feel free to PM me or just quote me.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Levelling system imo sucks and its not the way I want it to be. The First problem about it, is that I don't like how it is makes on one server a proffesional and on the other - a newbie one. If it were possible, it would be more ideal for your minecraft account or the plugin to record the data of your ign game bending experience, on how proffesional you are in bending, so that it could carry that information status throught out all the bender servers that have the levelling system.

bordalandsdude191

Verified Member
One issue with prodigies having every subelement, Azula couldn't combustion bend, and she was a listed example of a prodigy. Same with Toph being a prodigy but unable to lavabend.

Moonelight

Verified Member
One issue with prodigies having every subelement, Azula couldn't combustion bend, and she was a listed example of a prodigy. Same with Toph being a prodigy but unable to lavabend.
Prodigies are naturally born a step ahead of every other bender, in other words they advance faster in bending.

Prodigies - Advance faster, thus the extra boosts
Azula wasn't one of the handful of Combustion benders for sure, she never had a tattoo. If she wanted to learn how to combustion bend she probably could, though that can also be debated. Toph never showed Lava Bending, but in Book 4 of TLOK she sure acted like she could. And it was also earlier confirmed that she had control of all the subelements.

This is kind of like saying that if you don't have a Combustion Tattoo on your minecraft skin, you shouldn't be able to combustion bend. The only reason we would give a prodigy access to all the elements is because that's one of the most effective ways to put a fine gap between "good benders" and "better benders". Though it is proven that even a "good bender" could put up a good fight with a "better bender", which is where the bending boost comes in.

bordalandsdude191

Verified Member
Azula wasn't one of the handful of Combustion benders for sure, she never had a tattoo. If she wanted to learn how to combustion bend she probably could, though that can also be debated. Toph never showed Lava Bending, but in Book 4 of TLOK she sure acted like she could. And it was also earlier confirmed that she had control of all the subelements.

This is kind of like saying that if you don't have a Combustion Tattoo on your minecraft skin, you shouldn't be able to combustion bend. The only reason we would give a prodigy access to all the elements is because that's one of the most effective ways to put a fine gap between "good benders" and "better benders". Though it is proven that even a "good bender" could put up a good fight with a "better bender", which is where the bending boost comes in.
It's never been proven that a tattoo is required to combustion bend. Ink injected into your skin doesn't somehow boost your chi flow to your forehead, of course airbenders had the tattoos but that didn't boost their chi, just show the chi paths and they could probably bend without them.

Moonelight

Verified Member
It's never been proven that a tattoo is required to combustion bend. Ink injected into your skin doesn't somehow boost your chi flow to your forehead, of course airbenders had the tattoos but that didn't boost their chi, just show the chi paths and they could probably bend without them.
It has never been proven that you could Combustion Bend without a tattoo.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
It has never been proven that you could Combustion Bend without a tattoo.
It's not really the tattoo that matters. What combustion benders are doing when they use the tattoo is using a physical spot on their body that the can clearly focus on and then release the combustion beam from there.
(Also on the Toph thing, never been proven :p)

Moonelight

Verified Member
(Also on the Toph thing, never been proven :p)
Yes it has (She used Lavabending to cook her food in Book 4 of TLOK), and for what you said about Combustion bending; you literally just stated something we already knew. Though that still doesn't take away from the fact that we have never seen someone combustion bend without a tattoo.

Last edited:

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Yes it has (She used Lavabending to cook her food in Book 4 of TLOK), and for what you said about Combustion bending; you literally just stated something we already knew. Though that still doesn't take away from the fact that we have never seen someone combustion bend without a tattoo.
Nope that was never actually proven. Just everybody speculating that from that one scene that she could.

I don't really see a point to there being an argument about the combustion bender thing. Not like we're gonna draw a tattoo on the player's head.

Status
Not open for further replies.