• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Complete Special Bender Chance

Status
Not open for further replies.

SenpaiBlaze

Verified Member
I like this idea a lot but should be toggle able for sure. You should also be able to turn off the bending percents and just have a prodigy chance, so when people pick an element they have a chance of becoming a prodigy.

Hero

Verified Member
I like this idea a lot but should be toggle able for sure. You should also be able to turn off the bending percents and just have a prodigy chance, so when people pick an element they have a chance of becoming a prodigy.
You can toggle it. In the beginning. ;)

Now for the rant. Do you know how many people can bend all sub-elements? Two.
Why does a prodigy get buffs and all sub-elements? No good reason. Just because you're a better bender than normal people, it doesn't mean they have all sub-elements and buffs. Did you see Zaheer hitting harder? No.
Did you see Azula combustion bend? No.
Like I said 15 million times, I dont think prodigy should be a thing in the first place.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
so, I dont want to read all 6 pages. Let me get this straight.
There is a chance you get multiple subs right?
Like, for air, there is a chance you get SP & flight, or just 1? And having a 27% chance of getting nothing?

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Like, for air, there is a chance you get SP & flight, or just 1? And having a 27% chance of getting nothing?
READ ALL 6 PAGES. Or don't it's completely up to you :D

Hero

Verified Member
Sort of.
Alex was thinking of a check and balance thing where if you get a sub-element, the non compatible ones would be disabled.

Hero

Verified Member
This this still active? It's been "looking into" for like EVER!
I wonder if I can make my own version of this thread without getting in trouble...

Hero

Verified Member
I jsut want to know the original idea.
The original idea was benders would have a certain percentage/chance on what sub-elements they get.
So it would be a 1% chance (1-100 people) to get flight. While its a 100% chance for waterbenders to bend ice. Imo, the left over percentage is the chance you wont get anything.

Let me explain this weird (imo) prodigy thing.
Pretty much, every 100 players would have the chance to become a prodigy in their element (Which just means they are smart). People who are a prodigy in their element gets buffs and all sub-elements (Which is mega op since you arent born smart, you get smart). So to cut you the rant, I dont think the whole prodigy should be a thing. You may be "naturally" smart, but being smart justs means you learn faster than others. You arent born knowing rocket science.

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
They have to agree to it when they first star up the server, yes. But it doesn't mean you HAVE to follow it. Most bending servers I go on agree to it but don't follow it.
The EULA is a legally binding contract, which means that if you ignore it, Mojang can sue you and/or take away your right to use the game

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
They have to agree to it when they first star up the server, yes. But it doesn't mean you HAVE to follow it. Most bending servers I go on agree to it but don't follow it.
I mean, if Mojang finds out that a server isn't following the EULA (which happens more often than you think) they shut it down. And it can usually lead back to the hosting company (if there is one) and then things just get worse for the owner of said server.

Janny

Verified Member
The EULA is a legally binding contract, which means that if you ignore it, Mojang can sue you and/or take away your right to use the game
I mean, if Mojang finds out that a server isn't following the EULA (which happens more often than you think) they shut it down. And it can usually lead back to the hosting company (if there is one) and then things just get worse for the owner of said server.
Whatever, not gonna argue over an EULA that the owners of the servers I go on don't even follow.

Hero

Verified Member
La la la la la...Normal day of looking in threads. Still see that no one is paying attention to this....Still dont like the prodigy system...no new here. Oh wait...THIS PICTURE IS!

Status
Not open for further replies.