• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Complete Special Bender Chance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
Just my two cents, but I think the tattoo isn't necessary, but it makes it a great deal easier. We do know that tattoos are just ink injected into the skin. So perhaps the purpose of the tattoo is to create physical focal point on your forehead, making it easier to focus your chi there.

Hero

Verified Member
I love this idea but the prodigy still. "Good" and "Better" are things determined by the people. THE PEOPLE!
So giving someone an advantage by chances is like ._. and ;__;

So I think the prodigy effect should be gone or at least tone-downed. You don't even have proof that "prodigies" can bend all sub elements.

Moonelight

Verified Member
I love this idea but the prodigy still. "Good" and "Better" are things determined by the people. THE PEOPLE!
So giving someone an advantage by chances is like ._. and ;__;

So I think the prodigy effect should be gone or at least tone-downed. You don't even have proof that "prodigies" can bend all sub elements.
In a ProjectKorra state of mind, everyone has access to every sub element by default, though with SBC that priveledge is taken away to create diversity. To show how a Prodigy is far more advanced than the other benders we'd give access to all the sub elements - thus giving them more opportunities for skill and also opens up access to multiple styles of bending.

Also that's not bias? No statement was formally given to "Good" and "Better" benders. It's just a way to group more advanced benders away from less advanced ones.

Did you read this part?
Though it is proven that even a "good bender" could put up a good fight with a "better bender", which is where the bending boost [for Prodigy's] comes in.
The whole idea of this concept is to make it less common to have all the subelements, and diversify bending to the point where not every (lavabender is trying to melt you) person uses the same skills.

Last edited:

Hero

Verified Member
In a ProjectKorra state of mind, everyone has access to every sub element by default, though with SBC that priveledge is taken away to create diversity. To show how a Prodigy is far more advanced than the other benders we'd give access to all the sub elements - thus giving them more opportunities for skill and also opens up access to multiple styles of bending.

Also that's not bias? No statement was formally given to "Good" and "Better" benders. It's just a way to group more advanced benders away from less advanced ones.

Did you read this part?

The whole idea of this concept is to make it less common to have all the subelements, and diversify bending to the point where not every (lavabender is trying to melt you) person uses the same skills.
OOoh ok. This really clears things up. Do prodigies get any other buff? Because then it would be too great. But I like the idea alot.

Hero

Verified Member
Earth
Lavabending - 25% chance
Metalbending - 90% chance
Sandbending - 87% chance

Fire
Combustion bending - 25% chance
Lightning bending - 87% chance

Air
Spiritual Projection - 72% chance
Flight - 1% chance

Water
Bloodbending - 17% chance
Plantbending - 64% chance
Icebending - 100% chance
Healing Hands - 70% chance
Spirit Bending - 75% chance
I think the percentages should be this:
Earth
Lavabending - 5% chance
Metalbending - 90% chance
Sandbending - 85% chance

Fire
Combustion Bending - 5% chance
Lightning Generation - 76% chance
Lightning Redirection - 79% chance

Air
Spiritual Projection - 15% chance
Flight - .5% chance

Water
Bloodbending - 18% chance with the full moon.
Bloodbending - 5% chance without the full moon.
Plantbending - 58% chance
Icebending - 100% chance
Healing Hands - 80% chance
Spirit Bending - 65% chance

The reason why I put flight at a low "number" is because out of the hundreds of airbenders that are shown, only two were able to show the ability.

I added Lightning Generation and Redirection because Iroh explained that people can learn to generate lightning and redirect lightning. Lightning Generation is lower because even though in the LoK it was to power the city, it was still a rare skill to actually generate lighting. Redirection is slightly higher just because Iroh explained its not the same process and Zuko can redirect lightning but cannot make it.

Lavabending is lower because only two non-avatar benders were able to do so.

Healing Hands is raised up becaused the Northern Water Tribe teached it casually back in da days.

Plantbending is lowered just because the swamp people used it and because most waterbenders didn't think to use it.

Spiritbending is lowered because it takes spiritual knowledge to practice it.
NOTE: Spiritbending doesn't mean the person can regularly heal. Unalaq couldn't heal regularly but can spiritbend.

Spiritual Projection is lowered extremely because only Jinora used it.

Last edited:

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I like the overall idea of having sub specialized skills be giving of a random one's to the respective bending wielders, giving it more realistic look to the avatar universe roleplay and seeing all benders having the capability to bend same sub skils can get boring and it is already is of now. Because of these my pulled points, that's the reason why the RPG plugin offers to toggle on this randomization system of bending arts.

To me, I preferr Spiritbending being an ability of the Healing sub skill, as like how @Hero said it takes for the user of it to have certain knowledge over spirituality study, but not only that healing knowledge is required too. (Even if Unalaq didn't showcase his healing powers, he still had to know somehow about the healing way and how its process works.)

Status
Not open for further replies.