• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Complete Special Bender Chance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonelight

Verified Member
So recently all these moves that have been used by few benders (Combustion/Flight/Bloodbending/Lavabending) have been added into the plugin. This suggestion is to make the plugin seem more realistic. SO instead of every single earthbender constantly throwing a Lava Flux at you, maybe only 1 out of 4 of those earthbenders will throw a lava flux.

Things to know:

The percentages are the chances that you will become a special bender.
The percentages can be changed.
This can be toggled.

How it will work:

I know how when a server has RPG running, they can make it to where you don't get to choose your element (the plugin chooses for you). Well, this would work the same way. Not every bender in the show had access to every single ability. Abilities like Lavabending are very rare, yet in the plugin it is more common. I've also decided to include a percentage for Prodigies, like Azula, giving the lucky benders a positive buff on their moves. Prodigy's get all of their element's sub classes.

Each element will have specific moves that not every user can use. Mostly sub-elements are the abilities most don't achieve. Below is the default percentages for each element & their rare abilities. (Please tell me if I missed one, or if I got the percentage wrong.)

Earth
Lavabending - 25% chance
Metalbending - 90% chance
Sandbending - 87% chance

Fire
Combustion bending - 25% chance
Lightning bending - 87% chance

Air
Spiritual Projection - 72% chance
Flight - 1% chance

Water
Bloodbending - 17% chance
Plantbending - 64% chance
Icebending - 100% chance
Healing Hands - 70% chance
Spirit Bending - 75% chance

Prodigy
Firebending - 1%
Waterbending - 1%
Airbending - 1%
Earthbending - 1%

Prodigies give extra damage on all of their offensive moves, plus specific buffs that the devs can determine.
Server admins can modify the chances, give abilities & take them away.

Questions in the comments please!
Thanks,

~ Easte

Last edited:

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
Would be cool if prodigal firebenders had blue fire, but that's another thread, isn't it? There's been a debate about that for sometime, I think. Personally, I think that in terms of blue fire, it shouldn't effect moves like blaze, or the color of the fire blocks produced from moves in general, because it's logical, and probably impossible to accomplish. But the particles should be blue. Since, you know, blue flames are hotter than red/orange flames.

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
So recently all these moves that have been used by few benders (Combustion/Flight/Bloodbending/Lavabending) have been added into the originally plugin. This suggestion is to make the plugin seem more realistic. SO instead of every single earthbender constantly throwing a Lava Flux at you, maybe only 1 out of 4 of those earthbenders will throw a lava flux.

Things to know:

The percentages are the chances that you will become a special bender.
The percentages can be changed.
This can be toggled.

Thanks, ~Fly
I've also heard ideas of specializing bending to make each bender unique based on what they can do.
For example, say a Firebender can combustion bend. At the cost of being able to use combustion, they can't use fireshield, lightning, or wall of fire.
Effectively ruling out most combos for them, but not leaving them defenseless in combat, with the added bonus of combustion. It changes up people's fighting styles and approach in an interesting way.

More examples:
If a Waterbender has waterarms(I know it's not officially supported, so that might be tricky), then they can't use waterspout and a few other moves that can be replaced in function relatively with waterarms.

If an Airbender has flight, they can't use airspout, and a few other Airbending moves, like one or two more.

If an Earthbender has lavabending, they can't metalbend, and vice versa. And Earthbenders with neither might have buffs on some of the base earth moves.

I thought this specialization system might tie in nicely with this idea.

Gold

Verified Member
To be fair the benders sorta learned how to metal/lava/blood/etc for Korra as an example she would've never learned metalbending if she was never taught because her origin is water.

Moonelight

Verified Member
To be fair the benders sorta learned how to metal/lava/blood/etc for Korra as an example she would've never learned metalbending if she was never taught because her origin is water.
Korra is the Avatar, she has the ability to learn every subclass. Being the Avatar she has the access to every move, she just has to put effort into learning it.

Gold

Verified Member
Korra is the Avatar, she has the ability to learn every subclass. Being the Avatar she has the access to every move, she just has to put effort into learning it.
What about Toph and her metalbending academy? None of the students thought they could learn metalbending but in the end they did. Toph just got random earthbenders to teach not a select choice.

Joeri

Verified Member
What about Toph and her metalbending academy? None of the students thought they could learn metalbending but in the end they did. Toph just got random earthbenders to teach not a select choice.
Bolin tried it and always failed metalbending because he was lavabender not metal.

Moonelight

Verified Member
Because those students were the lucky ones.
Don't get me wrong, Metalbending is possible for most of the earthbenders, but not all. That's why the chance is so high.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
So if the player wasn't a prodigy, what would the percentages be? None of them add up to 100%

Like so if a player is a firebender, you could technically have both lightning and combustion.

The only element I think should be able to have multiple subelements naturally is waterbending, because we saw Hama icebend, plantbend, bloodbend, moisturebend. The only one she didnt do was healing hands. Also spiritbending for water? You mean the healing waters thing Katara and Unaloq did?

Status
Not open for further replies.