• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Pride

SEISMIC SENSE (Pretty fancy, right?)

This is a pretty simple move. As used in the Anime, it helped Toph 'see' people and things around her.

So, here's what my description of what Seismic Sense would be like.
  • Gives you Blindness + Night Vision (to be completely blind), then gives everybody the Glowing potion effect, only you can see, but everybody can't.
  • This also applies to people with the invisibility potion effect, so people that are invisible are no longer stealthy and slicc. ;)
  • This is only done when you are touching the ground, so only people within the connected Earth blocks can be seen, so you can't just use it on a random island in the sky or some crap.

This should be called and replace Tremorsense.

I disagree about blindness. I may remind that not everyone that had eye disability could do this (examples of evidence: Aang & Toph's daughters). It would be incovient and would make the user vulnerable as opposote to what ability SHOULD give an advantage.

I do like the invisivility negation. However, I would prefer creating stalking-glowstone under the target, because there are cases that this ability shouldn't nullify the status effect that are originated from conceptuanal things (e.g, magic). Agree for the last part.

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt

xNuminousx

I disagree about blindness. I may remind that not everyone that had eye disability could do this (examples of evidence: Aang & Toph's daughters).
Notice anytime they used it they had to close their eyes and concentrate harder? Not being able to see allows your mind to focus on the smaller things. Aang used it while blind folded and any other time they closed their eyes.

In minecraft you can't your closes. Blindness doesn't shut them down, but more weaken your sight in range. And what's the point of giving the user blindness, even If you provide invisibility? It just downgrades it really bad for no reason, and you can only see invisible people from really realy close to you. Tremorsense that applies blindness to the user is pretty much the opposite on what it should really grant the user with (perception). In theory, it may look good cuz its RPG element, but in execution it would work really bad I can guarantee.

xNuminousx

I dont know about invisibility but blindness is the closest thing we have to closing eyes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But it is just unnecessary. Earthbenders could still "see" what around them when they had their eyes, because well... they were using seismic sense. Blindness would just have the player trip into objects and bang into them. If it weren't due to lag, instead of glowstone I would want tremorsense to change blocks into barrier blocks, while the earthblocks get to be perceived in stained glass color respective by the block to the user. This way, it would stop the player from perceiving normal blocks. Invisibility should be applied while others aren't standing on earth blocks. That's what you can get closest to "closed eyes" concept.

xNuminousx

Earthbenders could still "see" what around them when they had their eyes
Obviously.... But I assume you're referring to the move lol. We never saw an Earthbender use their "seismic sense" with their eyes open and I believe that's for a reason.
they were using seismic sense.
With their eyes closed.

Blindness would just have the player trip into objects and bang into them.
Well just like you said:
Blindness doesn't shut them down, but more weaken your sight in range.
So they'd still be able to see blocks close up with out "tripping"

nvisibility should be applied while others aren't standing on earth blocks. That's what you can get closest to "closed eyes" concept.
I agree with this concept.

So they'd still be able to see blocks close up with out "tripping"
Doesn't make sense. Where did Seismic sence limited once's range? You may be right, because we were never simple explore the capability and limits of the ability. I just personally believe every average bender would perceive stuff with seismic sense in the same range as they would with their eyes open, whilst advance one's like Toph should be able to sense stuff through a whole small town of a few 2 miles or so.

Pride

This should be called and replace Tremorsense.

Hmmm... That'll work.

I do like the invisivility negation. However, I would prefer creating stalking-glowstone under the target, because there are cases that this ability shouldn't nullify the status effect that are originated from conceptuanal things (e.g, magic). Agree for the last part.

The Glowing effect should work fine. Truth be told, it's way better than that stupid Glowstone block. I believe you are able to see people with the Glowing effect while given the Blindness effect.

Blindness limits range so much, that there is no need for glowing effect. You can see player names tag up close, thus there would be no need for glowing effect.

https://trello.com/c/IUc7kNG4/661-tremorsense
As you can see, they're already working on it, but there's no mention of applying blindness inducement to it, apart from rendering it useless that manifested it through other means.

Pride

Blindness limits range so much, that there is no need for glowing effect. You can see player names tag up close, thus there would be no need for glowing effect.

Same goes for the Glowstone block. Your perspective of Seismic Sense is to not be put Blindness, instead, changes the terrain around you, and to give people around you Glowstone blocks. People not touching the part of Earth that is changed are given Invisibility. People that aren't... Well, I don't even know if you even specified it. Invis or not, putting Glowstone is just a... Weird and ugly touch into this move. Sorry for this rant, but at least we have the same view of the core reason into this move.

Pride

As you can see, they're already working on it, but there's no mention of applying blindness inducement to it, apart from rendering it useless that manifested it through other means.
That's fine, but the Glowstone part is what ticks me off. :p

It feels like tremorse is bugged or whatever, because it functions like a passive ability (you don't have to have it binded to get the glowstone pop-up). Though I do like glowstone block and I think it is only way to create light (by spawning in invisible light emitting block). However, I'm still waiting for a config option to change the block either from that to sea lantern.