• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

RPG Skill Trees!

I was afraid you gonna say it.

That's what I meant. It can't determine and wouldn't be able to change the range accordingly on how each player has the rendering distance value set to. Therefor I propose it would only be logical to have it set to the lowest one there is possible.
Lowest is 1 chunk, AKA 16 blocks. There is a render distance for entities set in the spigot config though, which can be used.

This is definitely something I've been hoping to see for awhile. Here's my input and I hope it helps.

I very much like the idea of having to build into a bending master. I think it would be cool if there were seperate "levels" so to speak. For example everyone would start as a beginner, however just like in the show, there could be a random chance to start as a prodigy, like Azula. Now I understand people will say my idea is OP but it is again for an RPG type server. So, without further adieu, here's my breakdown.

Beginner - could only use one or two basic abilities of their bending type. Must be actively bending for an hour total and have killed and or healed 25 entities to be advance.

Abilities are weaker in every way at this stage, (.25 full potential) after meeting necessary requirements, become a Beginner 2.

Beginner Prodigy - work extremely similarly to beginner, but abilities are stronger (.5 full potential)

Beginner 2 - no new abilities, abilities are simply strengthened. (.35 full potential)

Prodigy 2 - (.65 full potential)

Must be using bending again for an hour and same killing / healing reqs.

Beginner 3 - (.5 full potential)

Prodigy 3 - (.8 full potential)

Same reqs to advance, to next stage.

Next you would become an apprentice, this is where beginners and prodigy beginners converge to even out.

Apprentice - learn 1 or 2 new moves, staying at just .85 full ability potential throughout. Must use bending for 2 hours and heal and or kill 50 entities in each stage, apprentice 1 through 3 to advance. In each advancement the apprentice would learn a few more abilities.

After reaching all of these reqs you would move on to a "realized bender" here is where things get tricky. There would be between 5 and 10 stages involved here and this is where you could begin learning sub-bending. I'm not really sure of the reqs to move up through the ranks here, so we'll move on. After completing all stages, you would become a "master"

At master, you would have all abilities and sub bending abilities. And the most powerful abilities, far exceeding the regular, base power.

Just an idea and not complete yet! Again this is for an RPG server, the kind of people who want to play like the show. Thanks for reading!

I can imagine benders getting certain sub-elements and passives by completing certain training courses, which in hypothesis...
  • For airbenders, a parkour running course (and maybe with gates) where they must complete it to get the passives of mobility nofalldamage.
  • For earthbenders, competting in a RUMBLE match or similar to get some power upgrades.
  • Waterbenders should manage to maintain the balance between defense offensive and mobility without over leaning to another one during their training.
  • Firebenders: Agni Kai or whatever.

• Access to ability/subelement
  • Access to part of an ability - This includes things like using HealingWaters with bottles or even using the freeze feature of Torrent, the list goes on.
  • X moves blocks more moves - So if AirShield blocks basic fire moves, adding this skill would allow AirShield to block more fire moves (example)
  • Adds new features to abilities - Examples: effects such as slowness to ice moves, using WaterSpout as a source, using Ice you create from water as a water source.
  • Ability changes - Examples: Increase Catapult speed, WallOfFire becomes taller and wider, AirSwipe does more knockback.
Those are just examples to be honest, we're still open to suggestions.
Will or are you still updating this list? As I mention reaching a certain location (biomes, temples too maybe), another thing that would be similar: reaching a certain player/mob in radius?

Remember how toph learned earthbending? From badgermoles. While minecraft doesn't have them, silverfishes can be compared and thus when an earthbender meets one they could unlock a certain sub/ability, like tremorsense for example :)

Or utilizing the citizens plugin (would be better if you provide support to it), meeting hama skin npc in her rage should grant the waterbender bloodbending permission and psychic bloodbending with Yakone.