• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Possible Firejet Nerf

Status
Not open for further replies.

promancer

Im just trying to discuss this idea, no need to be rude.
Hypocricy much? Calling Hero egotistical instead of just pointing out that he had opinions instead of facts, then when someone points out your errors (no offence hero). You ignored the points I made, and never respond to them. Once again, Im not going to discuss things with you if you constantly either dismiss anything I type or call it rude.

Hero

Im just trying to discuss this idea, no need to be rude.
Hypocrite, youve been rude the entire time. You insult and complain with no real facts. You call people that dont like your ideas haters and you can't comprehend what people are saying because you are too closed minded. Stop thinking about yourself (That goes for you too @SuperBower118 ) and listen to other people.

If you two werent so busy running amok, you would know by now that its toggle-able. If dont like it, then turn it off.

Hypocrite, youve been rude the entire time. You insult and complain with no real facts. You call people that dont like your ideas haters and you can't comprehend what people are saying because you are too closed minded. Stop thinking about yourself (That goes for you too @SuperBower118 ) and listen to other people.

If you two werent so busy running amok, you would know by now that its toggle-able. If dont like it, then turn it off.
I still find this a critical blow to firebending if it's toggled on. Even though it's toggleable in the config, I just don't like the idea actually being implemented into the plugin because of how bad this would make firebending (unless they add this with the fire-revamp and allow firebenders to actually be effective without charging on a firejet)

IceEyes

I like the idea of not being able to charge on firejet, first of all its not cannon and second if you think realistic (ik bending, ik minecraft) its not possible to firejet and shoot stuff the same time. Maybe though, if you charge something on firejet, firejet will be hard to control where you are going since you would only use one hand to still fly.

Hero

I still find this a critical blow to firebending if it's toggled on. Even though it's toggleable in the config, I just don't like the idea actually being implemented into the plugin because of how bad this would make firebending (unless they add this with the fire-revamp and allow firebenders to actually be effective without charging on a firejet)
Oh well. Fire is already powerful without firejet.

I like the idea of not being able to charge on firejet, first of all its not cannon and second if you think realistic (ik bending, ik minecraft) its not possible to firejet and shoot stuff the same time. Maybe though, if you charge something on firejet, firejet will be hard to control where you are going since you would only use one hand to still fly.
There are plenty of things in the vanilla plugin that aren't canon. Plus, Balance > Canon. It would be interesting if it would be harder to firejet if you are charging, personally I feel like that's more of a compromise if fire gets something else in return that'll buff it, because it's pretty easy to predict where a firebender will be going if he/she can't turn as fast.

promancer

There are plenty of things in the vanilla plugin that aren't canon. Plus, Balance > Canon. It would be interesting if it would be harder to firejet if you are charging, personally I feel like that's more of a compromise if fire gets something else in return that'll buff it, because it's pretty easy to predict where a firebender will be going if he/she can't turn as fast.
That'll happen when air gets a buff for togglable walldmg. Just like the walldmg, its adjustable now.

It seems you don't like the idea because that means some server owners will toggle off firejet. This should be their decision, and trying to prevent it on the forums to keep unequal benefits just proves how much this is needed.

That'll happen when air gets a buff for togglable walldmg. Just like the walldmg, its adjustable now.

It seems you don't like the idea because that means some server owners will toggle off firejet. This should be their decision, and trying to prevent it on the forums to keep unequal benefits just proves how much this is needed.
Unequal benefits? This nerf wouldn't benefit fire- it would harm it far more then it would "help" in relations to the other elements. If you need examples I've posted some in the past on why fire needs firejet-charge.

promancer

Unequal benefits? This nerf wouldn't benefit fire- it would harm it far more then it would "help" in relations to the other elements. If you need examples I've posted some in the past on why fire needs firejet-charge.
First, your quite biased, and this seems to cloud your reasoning. Every element, I mean every single element, has adapted to nerfs.

All I've seen from each side of this is opinions hidden behind facts, mostly on fires side of the argument.

Now, firejet. Its generally far too useful compared to other elements similar abilities. You control the direction you go constantly compared to Airblast that has no change once you are launched. Or earthsmash which I'm pretty sure is an add on, and can't be used while charging moves. Want to know what happens when air, or water, or earth can't charge moves? They deal with it. The whole point of moves with a warm up is to give a window of time for the opposed to stop the attack. This happens with torrent, and airburst and shockwave. Fire needs this.
Suggestions aren't here to benefit fire, they benefit the plugin as a whole. Benefits you reap from the plugin being unequal is what I meant. It seems only you and Finn disagree. Look back on what I have said.

owlcool

Ignores the parts of the argument he can't win, then gets the corrections wrong, then pressures to not notice that fires version of both abilities leaves fire everywhere there is blocks in its radius.

Water does have charge moves btw, torrent counts.

Chi isn't an element, it's a fighting style... its suppose to be weak. The first seasons of Tlok were propelled by the fact that benders were way stronger than non benders and they would constantly rob or beat them...

Doesn't change anything, calling anyone that opposes your idea a hater isn't going to make anyone agree with you any faster, and my reasoning is that firejet would then be basically a airblast copy. Firejets main problem is that fire has many charging moves, and all of them can still be used with your suggestion. Air has a SINGLE main damage move and a single main damage combo. Earthsmashs stock ability is completely dependant on cooldowns set. I'm not going to argue when you won't listen to any other points than your own.
I don't know, it seems the chi-blockers won a lot more often than not.

promancer

IMO, if you can dodge, attack, and disorient with some strange particle like movements that propell you forward, then you can still fight. Just adapt your style to fit it. You adjust to pk, it doesn't adjust to you.

Suggestions aren't here to benefit fire, they benefit the plugin as a whole. Benefits you reap from the plugin being unequal is what I meant. It seems only you and Finn disagree. Look back on what I have said.
Fire is apart of the Plugin, and you can't say that the plugin would be balanced with this if this was added. That's my main concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.