• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Possible Firejet Nerf

Status
Not open for further replies.

FearlessPie121

Verified Member
I really like your points and evidence. Since this a controversy to many, maybe add a toggle in the configurations like:

Firejet:
Description: *blah blah*
Range:
Ect.
Ect.
TransportationOnly: true

I'm not sure, but I just think we should try to satisfy supporters and haters without siding on just one side..
;)?

SuperBower118

Verified Member
I hope that you guys realize that if this actually gets added, you take away 79% of fire's offensive capability.
As for the evidence, not everything in the plugin is canon. Give me a list of: How many waterbenders can swiftswim at top speed right after they were in a complete halt or just jumped in the water. How many airbenders can jump 20 freaking meters in the air and furthermore keep themselves in the air via airblast juggling. How many earthbenders could catapult themselves, ride into the sunset with a boulder.

owlcool

Verified Member
I hope that you guys realize that if this actually gets added, you take away 79% of fire's offensive capability.
As for the evidence, not everything in the plugin is canon. Give me a list of: How many waterbenders can swiftswim at top speed right after they were in a complete halt or just jumped in the water. How many airbenders can jump 20 freaking meters in the air and furthermore keep themselves in the air via airblast juggling. How many earthbenders could catapult themselves, ride into the sunset with a boulder.
1. Yeah, I realize that.
2. They kinda can, as the twins pursuing Korra kept at full speed right after jumping out of their boats.
Still, it seems they need to actually go at that speed to stay at it. This would explain why Korra had to dive so deeply, but moved so quickly.
3. The Airbender's jump is proportional to Minecraft, which gives the Character a giant jump. Still, Airbenders probably couldn't airblast like that unless Aang's airbending teacher could do that and used it to kill all those fire nation soldiers.
4. Toph could ride a boulder for pretty long and far.
Pretty certain you can't ride into the sunset without burning to death.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
1. Yeah, I realize that.
2. They kinda can, as the twins pursuing Korra kept at full speed right after jumping out of their boats.
Still, it seems they need to actually go at that speed to stay at it. This would explain why Korra had to dive so deeply, but moved so quickly.
3. The Airbender's jump is proportional to Minecraft, which gives the Character a giant jump. Still, Airbenders probably couldn't airblast like that unless Aang's airbending teacher could do that and used it to kill all those fire nation soldiers.
4. Toph could ride a boulder for pretty long and far.
Pretty certain you can't ride into the sunset without burning to death.
Let's consider that the twins that were pursuing Korra were pretty much waterbending masters. The only one who has been shown to truly defeat them was Ming-Hua.
Toph can also be considered an earthbending GOD. Anyone who's watched TLA doesn't need proof of that.

owlcool

Verified Member
Let's consider that the twins that were pursuing Korra were pretty much waterbending masters. The only one who has been shown to truly defeat them was Ming-Hua.
Toph can also be considered an earthbending GOD. Anyone who's watched TLA doesn't need proof of that.
Yeah, well lets consider that every default firebender should be considered a Firebending God.
Every default firebender can lightningbend, combustionbend and use walloffire and firejet for longer than has been seen.

I am against the change, but the truth is Firebending is weak in the Show.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Yeah, well lets consider that every default firebender should be considered a Firebending God.
Every default firebender can lightningbend, combustionbend and use walloffire and firejet for longer than has been seen.

I am against the change, but the truth is Firebending is weak in the Show.
How is it weak in the show? Practiced Firebenders could release a barrage of fireblasts, some have shown to shoot lightning without charge (that alone is one of the most deadliest bending abilities available, as for lava actually has to reach you, an instant lightning blast can catch a bender off guard, meaning the strike only be more devastating) Firebenders could also create whips of fire, constant streams of fire, and also even create shields of fire that can block rocks and can guard against water and fire. Also, firejet has been seen going much longer. If firebenders are to be considered firebending gods in the plugin, then we can assume that they can perform similar acts, such as Azula firejetting up to a Boiling Rock Gondola Line, attaching hand-cuffs to it, then furthermore activating firejet after a shoot period of time. General Iroh of the United Forces has also demonstrated extended flights with firejet.

owlcool

Verified Member
How is it weak in the show? Practiced Firebenders could release a barrage of fireblasts, some have shown to shoot lightning without charge (that alone is one of the most deadliest bending abilities available, as for lava actually has to reach you, an instant lightning blast can catch a bender off guard, meaning the strike only be more devastating) Firebenders could also create whips of fire, constant streams of fire, and also even create shields of fire that can block rocks and can guard against water and fire. Also, firejet has been seen going much longer. If firebenders are to be considered firebending gods in the plugin, then we can assume that they can perform similar acts, such as Azula firejetting up to a Boiling Rock Gondola Line, attaching hand-cuffs to it, then furthermore activating firejet after a shoot period of time. General Iroh of the United Forces has also demonstrated extended flights with firejet.
1. Lightning in the show does have to reach you to harm you. If it didn't, redirection would be harmful regardless.
2. Firejet has been seen going much longer, in Sozin's Comet.
3. Iroh didn't demonstrate extended flight with his fireblast, he demonstrated the full flight of firejet in the plugin used going downwards, or quick bursts of a firejet.
3. Azula was handcuffed to a rail. Pretty certain that kept her from needing to firejet upwards.
4. Streams of fire, Streams of Water. Whips of Fire, Whips of Water. Shields of fire that can block earth, fire, air and water, Shields of Ice that can block Earth, fire, air and water.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
1. Lightning in the show does have to reach you to harm you. If it didn't, redirection would be harmful regardless.
2. Firejet has been seen going much longer, in Sozin's Comet.
3. Iroh didn't demonstrate extended flight with his fireblast, he demonstrated the full flight of firejet in the plugin used going downwards, or quick bursts of a firejet.
3. Azula was handcuffed to a rail. Pretty certain that kept her from needing to firejet upwards.
4. Streams of fire, Streams of Water. Whips of Fire, Whips of Water. Shields of fire that can block earth, fire, air and water, Shields of Ice that can block Earth, fire, air and water.
1. I doubt a bender could react fast enough to fully dodge a lightning blast if the firebender was generally using firebending throughout the duration of the fight previously.
2. I don't understand that point
3. The Hand-Cuff saved her from falling to her death if she stopped firejetting and stabilized her flight. Because of the direction of the line that the Gondolas used, she was going at a small incline. Still, my point in mentioning that scene was that if default firebenders were Fire Gods, there wouldn't be such a cooldown on firejet. Same with Iroh
4. Don't see the point in that statement.

Hero

Verified Member
Ugh
Firebenders are super annoying. "You're taking our only way of safely charging moves!" "You are taking 79% of fire's offensive capability!" "Why can air do this but we cant?!"

Would you guys shut up and just deal with it? You have fire ticks and explosive damage. The only reason why you guys are complaining is because you are so freaking lazy and self centered to deal with it. Why don't you start inventing more ways to do thing instead of complaining about something just because of an inconvenient. In case you haven't noticed, the only people who are mad about this leaving are firebenders who regularly use a mobile move.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Ugh
Firebenders are super annoying. "You're taking our only way of safely charging moves!" "You are taking 79% of fire's offensive capability!" "Why can air do this but we cant?!"

Would you guys shut up and just deal with it? You have fire ticks and explosive damage. The only reason why you guys are complaining is because you are so freaking lazy and self centered to deal with it. Why don't you start inventing more ways to do thing instead of complaining about something just because of an inconvenient. In case you haven't noticed, the only people who are mad about this leaving are firebenders who regularly use a mobile move.
Why don't you just deal with fire's offensive arsenal then? Stop being so god damn egoistic.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Ugh

And honestly, I play all elements and a fight against a firebender would be easy and boring af if this was added.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Um........how am I being Egoistical?

Da heck
"Deal with it" probably because you can't handle the way firebenders fight. Really, just use a bit of defense and dodge a bit and you're fine. Why don't you just fucking deal with it then?

Hero

Verified Member
"Deal with it" probably because you can't handle the way firebenders fight. Really, just use a bit of defense and dodge a bit and you're fine. Why don't you just fucking deal with it then?
Idk, why dont you read the 8 pages of this suggestion and see what others have to say? o_0

Status
Not open for further replies.