• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Possible Firejet Nerf

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Can you leave? You havent been doing anything remotely helpful except argue just because of your wants and needs.
My personal needs? No, I'm defending fire from a nerf that will make it terrible. If you think fire's so powerful without firejet, then how about you tell me some strategies that don't involve charging on a firejet that can help a firebender not get washed away by torrents or get overwhelmed by earthblasts.

Sorin

Verified Member
My personal needs? No, I'm defending fire from a nerf that will make it terrible. If you think fire's so powerful without firejet, then how about you tell me some strategies that don't involve charging on a firejet that can help a firebender not get washed away by torrents or get overwhelmed by earthblasts.
Lol, you are acting like fire jet is going to be completely gone, there are so many firebenders that don't charge on firejet, and if you have to rely on this one tactic, im sorry to say, but there is no way you are a good bender.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Lol, you are acting like fire jet is going to be completely gone, there are so many firebenders that don't charge on firejet, and if you have to rely on this one tactic, im sorry to say, but there is no way you are a good bender.
Really now? Every effective firebender I've seen charges on firejet. If you want to fight me on a server, I can tell you my skype and I can show you my skills on X server

Sorin

Verified Member
Really now? Every effective firebender I've seen charges on firejet. If you want to fight me on a server, I can tell you my skype and I can show you my skills on X server
Most firebenders on the server I play on are very skilled, and i have not seen them once charge on firjet, and I don't give my skype out to people like that, leads to being DDosed.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Most firebenders on the server I play on are very skilled, and i have not seen them once charge on firjet, and I don't give my skype out to people like that, leads to being DDosed.
Yeah well I like to travel servers, and your server is the only case that I've heard of that does that. Anyways, your server has tons of addons also, so that's another factor. How do I know? I used to play on it before I got banned. (IGN is WhiteXShadow)

Loony

Verified Member
@Loony all this fighting could be prevented if we actually pursued with this suggestion, but also make a configuration to disable this too.. Just to give both sides what they desperately need... o_O
Yeah don't try to rush staff into doing things, it won't work.

All the fighting would stop if people weren't immature and actually recognised that staff can't just click their fingers and make things happen. There's a process that we go through so people should respect it because it isn't going to change.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Sorin I haven't seen a single firebender that doesnt spam the crap out of everything xd

Hero

Verified Member
Yeah well I like to travel servers, and your server is the only case that I've heard of that does that. Anyways, your server has tons of addons also, so that's another factor. How do I know? I used to play on it before I got banned. (IGN is WhiteXShadow)
SuperBower, just leave. You don't even like the idea of not charging on firejet. If you give us an unbiased facts on why we shouldn't do this, then ill rest my case. That includes anything that has to do with you. Unlike you, everyone else has given their input that doesn't involve them with their fair share of opinions.

I find this extremely ridiculous that we are fighting over the internet just because some kid can't handle change. And its even more dumb that we are fighting over an idea.....Can we just grow up and settle this like mature people? This bickering and fighting is immature and unnecessary.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
SuperBower, just leave. You don't even like the idea of not charging on firejet. If you give us an unbiased facts on why we shouldn't do this, then ill rest my case. That includes anything that has to do with you. Unlike you, everyone else has given their input that doesn't involve them with their fair share of opinions.

I find this extremely ridiculous that we are fighting over the internet just because some kid can't handle change. And its even more dumb that we are fighting over an idea.....Can we just grow up and settle this like mature people? This bickering and fighting is immature and unnecessary.
Can't handle change? No, I could handle this if fire was given something in return so that it can fight back. You think that fire is powerful without firejet? Then show me some solutions against some of the examples of what other elements can do with their moves. I'm not stating my opinions, I'm stating how fire would be like without the ability to charge on a firejet. And human bias isn't something you can remove, no matter how scarce you make it. I try my best to stay away from stating biased facts and opinions. If you think that my statements that fire will be terrible without the ability to charge, you're wrong on so many levels. You've stated that you yourself barely use fire. I, on the other, have fire as my main element- the one in which I'm most skilled in and have the most experience with. That's how I can say that fire will be horrible without firejet. I have also stated some examples as well on why firejet is so important, so maybe instead of claiming that I'm spewing my own opinions and biased facts, just maybe you should take a look at fire's side for a decent amount of time to get a better view of the argument.

Hero

Verified Member
Can't handle change? No, I could handle this if fire was given something in return so that it can fight back. You think that fire is powerful without firejet? Then show me some solutions against some of the examples of what other elements can do with their moves. I'm not stating my opinions, I'm stating how fire would be like without the ability to charge on a firejet. And human bias isn't something you can remove, no matter how scarce you make it. I try my best to stay away from stating biased facts and opinions. If you think that my statements that fire will be terrible without the ability to charge, you're wrong on so many levels. You've stated that you yourself barely use fire. I, on the other, have fire as my main element- the one in which I'm most skilled in and have the most experience with. That's how I can say that fire will be horrible without firejet. I have also stated some examples as well on why firejet is so important, so maybe instead of claiming that I'm spewing my own opinions and biased facts, just maybe you should take a look at fire's side for a decent amount of time to get a better view of the argument.
I have. Your dependency on firejet is shows the illusion of what you think of yourself.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
I have. Your dependency on firejet is shows the illusion of what you think of yourself.
Sorry that I don't feel like getting shredded to bits by torrent spam, earthblast spam, watermanip spam... And if I try to stop and charge in one place, most likely I'm going to either get spammed to death manips, get knocked back by an airburst and take falldamage, take damage from an airsweep/swipe or a shockwave.

promancer

Verified Member
That's just your opinion. Don't state your opinion like a fact because it is not.
Can you actually give reasons on why this shouldn't be added? ALl you are doing is complaining
That's a big blob of opinion. From what you wrote, I can already assume firjet is involved into your combos. Firejet's purpose is to give you transportation, not to give you a big advantage over others.
All the fighting would stop if people weren't immature and actually recognised that staff can't just click their fingers and make things happen. There's a process that we go through so people should respect it because it isn't going to change.

FearlessPie121

Verified Member
Yeah don't try to rush staff into doing things, it won't work.

Sad to say, even after you said this, there are still people fighting... *sigh* :confused:

Loony

Verified Member
For the people who don't agree with the change;

Firstly, fire is the strongest and easiest element to use. It has a bunch of attacks that when fired rapidly can destroy the other elements. This change will most likely be a config option and so it might not even effect you.
Try being earth as your with only 2 attack moves and being told not to spam earth blast and shockwave from a guy spamming fireblast :))))))

If you didn't want it that badly, you could have given good reasons why instead of turning things into an argument.

I don't want this, but if it's a config option I'm fine.
Yes, not charging moves like how it is now is cannon but just because something is cannon I don't believe we should be loosing gameplay because of it. Also, if we do this then we have to do the same to water and air spouts otherwise we're picking favourites really.
This change doesn't really nerf fire like it needs to either. Changing someone not being able to charge a move for around 4 seconds isn't that big of a change, it just means I can't soar in the air like a Phoenix and shoot fireballs at peasants.

Status
Not open for further replies.