• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Possible Firejet Nerf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonelight

Verified Member
Look at me, a few months ago I was rooting for a more op firejet.
Also, please read the whole thing, most of it is opinion, and facts.

Reasons

Well, my first reason is that fire, being a quick element, is a bit to quick. If you ever get the chance to battle one of the very good firebenders in this community, take it & you will see what I mean. Even I, a mainly fire bending user, is wanting this one move to be nerfed. I haven't stated what aspects I wanted to be nerfed yet, but for some people beginning to disagree with me, you may not disagree so much afterwards.

In the show firebenders are seen to use fire jet, but not while charging moves, or using moves (Unless you count the Sozins Comet battle). Firebenders in the plugin have an advantage over the other elements to move quickly out of our sight while charging a powerful move (Lightning, Charged Fire Blast, Fire Burst, ect.). My concern is, while using fire jet you can't begin to charge another move. You are already using your arms & legs to propel yourself forward with fire, so you can't use other moves while you're already performing another. I'm only assuming that the fire jet in our plugin is using arms or arms+legs, because the way it moves you around.

I know this idea is controversial, but if you break it down to the small details, it turns out to be a bit over powered.
And I am already prepared for the firebenders that are going to disgree. On a firebenders side of this argument, firejet is fine. That's only because the move is in favor of you. When a firebender is moving while charging, some may say they are open to many attacks. At the speed the default firejet gives you, most elements can't aim for you. Now add a speed that most can't achieve, plus attacks that have a powerful impact. It sounds kind of over powered, doesn't it?

Now before you get confused, I never said using uncharged moves was bad, because it is canon if I remember. Although if you removed using charged capabilities while using firejet, I bet that it would be more complicated to allow the use of basic moves. I don't think using basic moves while using firejet serves a good use, too.

How could you possibly do this?

A basic answer would be to have firejet stop working once you leave the slot. But you could also just somehow, some way, manage to remove the ability to charge moves while on firejet. Or just remove the capability to use any move while on firejet, & still allow the access of changing slots while on the move.

Proof

There aren't many sources where you see a firebender charging powerful moves while on fire jet, so I will just show you the examples of when you COULD charge powerful moves.

Example 1. Sozins Comet

Fire benders are given the ability to multi-task offensive moves while using firejet during a comet. This isn't really a charged move, but it still gives the example.

Example 2: Prodigy's

This would tie into my Special Bender Chance thread, although this is still during a comet I could definitely see this capability during a regular day (This is also more of Fire Jet Ski). This also isn't a charged move, but on Sozin's Comet, you shouldn't have to charge a move.

Example 3: Avatar State

Obviously during the Avatar State, the Avatar can multi-task bending during any situation. But I would like to point out that she is also just using her legs, where in other situations she isn't, and is only able to bend when cooling down her fire jet.

Statements, concerns, & questions in the comments please. Also, if you can, try to find a situation where a regular firebender is charging (or using after charging it) a powerful move.

Also, if you disagree I'm perfectly fine with that. This is more of an idea rather than a hard core "do it right now" suggestion.

Should be toggle-able

Last edited:

TehPandaKing

Verified Member
Very well made thread. Better than anything I could do at least!
You have some great points, and I agree with you most of the time, But i believe there is a better way to go about nerfing firejet,
It could be made so that you fly slower when you change slots, and fly only half the distance.
If you think about it, a firebender using all four limbs for a firejet would go faster than someone using only their legs, right?
They would also go farther.
If someone changes slots off of firejet, maybe they could have a speed reduction, and not fly as far, BUT they can still charge moves?
Just my thoughts ~

Moonelight

Verified Member
Very well made thread. Better than anything I could do at least!
You have some great points, and I agree with you most of the time, But i believe there is a better way to go about nerfing firejet,
It could be made so that you fly slower when you change slots, and fly only half the distance.
If you think about it, a firebender using all four limbs for a firejet would go faster than someone using only their legs, right?
They would also go farther.
If someone changes slots off of firejet, maybe they could have a speed reduction, and not fly as far, BUT they can still charge moves?
Just my thoughts ~
It's not bad, but in my case I suggested that Firejet was using arms, if you use your legs you're skiing on the ground, unless some special scenario.

I see it this way: You're using your arms to move in the dynamic way you could as a firebender.

In another case, fire jet ski, you're using your legs to hover, or speed on the ground.

owlcool

Verified Member
If this gets added, I am never playing fire again. Fire jet is the ONLY way fire is powerful. And that isn't even controversial. Fire doesn't have good defense. Fire isn't even able to use more then one fireblast at once. Combustion seems pretty nerfed compared to the show. Firejet is, and I repeat, The ONLY Excuse I have ever heard to not buffing firebending.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
If this gets added, I am never playing fire again. Fire jet is the ONLY way fire is powerful. And that isn't even controversial. Fire doesn't have good defense. Fire isn't even able to use more then one fireblast at once. Combustion seems pretty nerfed compared to the show. Firejet is, and I repeat, The ONLY Excuse I have ever heard to not buffing firebending.
Burning damage, lightning...I think fire needs this.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
How is lightning overpowered in your right state of mind? It takes a giant warmup, can be easily dodged or blocked, and is only "overpowered" against water campers.
Lightning has stun, has a random path, and does a good amount of damage by default. And the warmup is nothing compared to some, especially when configured properly.

Moonelight

Verified Member
That's a big blob of opinion. From what you wrote, I can already assume firjet is involved into your combos. Firejet's purpose is to give you transportation, not to give you a big advantage over others. I have no clue where Combustion, not using more than one fireblast at once, or poor defense comes in.

Fire jet is the ONLY way fire is (over) powerful.
Not really, but that is kind of why it needs to be nerfed. Like Knight said, you have plenty of offense moves. I am able to win a 1v1 with only fire, without charging during my firejet.

Besides, it's toggle-able. So why worry now when your main server may never toggle it on.

And I am already prepared for the firebenders that are going to disgree.

owlcool

Verified Member
That's a big blob of opinion. From what you wrote, I can already assume firjet is involved into your combos. Firejet's purpose is to give you transportation, not to give you a big advantage over others. I have no clue where Combustion, not using more than one fireblast at once, or poor defense comes in.

Not really, but that is kind of why it needs to be nerfed. Like Knight said, you have plenty of offense moves. I am able to win a 1v1 with only fire, without charging during my firejet.

Besides, it's toggle-able. So why worry now when your main server may never toggle it on.
So, firebending on land should be about as powerful as waterbending is on land, is what you are telling me. Yay. That isn't unbalanced at all. Unless we start seeing some threads looking into about waterbending being unable to bend from underwater other then swift swim, and waterbending being unable to bend water into water and water further underwater, this would make firebending way more underpowered then waterbending.

owlcool

Verified Member
We take what works about firebending and has been the same since orion's plugin and debuff it, killing a giant aspect of firebending.
We take what waterbending doesn't actually need, and that isn't commonly used by waterbenders, and buff it better then the more mobile element that has had the exact same mobility and debuff the opposing element's mobility.

Somehow this all seems unbalanced.

Moonelight

Verified Member
So, firebending on land should be about as powerful as waterbending is on land, is what you are telling me. Yay. That isn't unbalanced at all. Unless we start seeing some threads looking into about waterbending being unable to bend from underwater other then swift swim, and waterbending being unable to bend water into water and water further underwater, this would make firebending way more underpowered then waterbending.
Your points are just off topic. I'm not removing anything except charging attacks during flight. I don't think that ties into being as weak as a waterbender on land.
So far you have been creating weird ideas and attempting to compare them to this thread. And as far as I am concerned, youre the only person angry about this thread inside the comments. In fact, you seem a bit pissed off.

& of course it seems unbalanced to you, because you love fire.

6tijn

Verified Member
I agree. I always found it a bit OP that firebenders can charge moves while firejetting.
Also, the cooldown also seem like, a little bit too short.

example: When you fight the 'good' firebenders out there, this is mostly how they kill you:

They firejet around you, when they land their attack is fully charged so they can shoot inmediantly.
Because of the great impact moves like fireblast and fireburst have, you're mostly very disoriented. The flames block your sight a bit, the explosion etc. By the time you're like, let's say, 'oriented' again, the firebender's firejet cooldown is over and he can inmediantly jet to an other place. And when he/she lands, he has again a charged move ready to be shot.

I basicly think their 'transport' is a bit too fast and flexible.

How I saw firejet in the show it was more like a jump boost to get to hard to reach places, or a speed burst. More rigid and like more, let's say, 'straight-lined'.

To me the firejet seems so controllable, so flexible. They can make sharp turns etc. with it, which doesn't really seem 'fire bend-ish' to me. Atleast compared to the show.

My opinion though.

Also, what I've also seen happen very common, is that avatars can air blast them selves up and meanwhile charge a fire bending move. Should that get nerfed too, or more likely not because it's the avatar, who has lots of power ofcourse? It just annoys me that combining airblast and any charged fire attack is so powerfull, avatars begin to spam it instead of using more diverse.

Status
Not open for further replies.