• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Possible Firejet Nerf

Status
Not open for further replies.

owlcool

Verified Member
So, it is balanced for firebenders to have a death sentence in water, against waterbenders with little actual knowledge of waterbending, versus a firejet that is as powerful as waterwave, for waterbenders to get waterarms from a cactus or from average water, but the equivalent of firebending watercamping would therefor be...Blaze spam. That seems slightly unbalanced. Firejet isn't even that powerful thanks to waterbenders being able to pull you into water with waterarms, and you can't do anything past that. Anything fire can do with this debuff water can do better...

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
So, it is balanced for firebenders to have a death sentence in water, against waterbenders with little actual knowledge of waterbending, versus a firejet that is as powerful as waterwave, for waterbenders to get waterarms from a cactus or from average water, but the equivalent of firebending watercamping would therefor be...Blaze spam. That seems slightly unbalanced. Firejet isn't even that powerful thanks to waterbenders being able to pull you into water with waterarms, and you can't do anything past that. Anything fire can do with this debuff water can do better...
If you wanna get technical, only so many benders did firejet in either show. Azula, that Iroh guy in Tlk, ozai, Korra.

owlcool

Verified Member
Waterbending: Never shown that a single waterbender dragged another bender underwater. Never shown bending without being on solid ground, and if they did so it was simply swimming. Waterbenders are overpowered underwater, and this can be changed by making it so that waterbenders have to standing on solid or air blocks. Waterbenders do have their strongest move as an asset, waterarms, and they also have bloodbending if you want to start describing them as overpowered. Has full moon boost in core, and that is as strong as comet by default.

Firebending: Rarely shown a single bender use firejet, and even rarer was a firebender using an attack while firejetting. However, firebending doesn't show common tactics like a barrage of fireballs, so that is a balancing factor to key in on. Only has comet on rpg, and it is as powerful as the full moon by default.

Do you see a bit of difference here? Do you see why fire might stand a little less then water to be debuffed like this?

Sorin

Verified Member
Anyone herd of the "human fireball"? It's where when someone use's firejet and holds down shield and fly's next to you it is extremely annoying and unethical. And i have firejet, earthsmash, and waterspout flight duration higher due to me wanting people to get around easier but i had to nerf them all due to that combo. So i'm hoping this does get added so i can return the duration's. A lot of people left when people started using the "human fireball" and it honestly makes me mad that there is nothing I can do about this combo but nerf how long they can do it, maybe get rid of fire shield? But that would get rid of some combo's.

Orion_Solus

Verified Member
I love the way your handling the opinions in this thread Fly, I 100% support this.
Marking it as looking into, I think this has some key points that should really be looked at more, Aswell as me thinking it'd fit into ProjectKorra wonderfully.
It's nothing personal but I do think that you are a bit biased here since your main is air and this was most likely used against you then in your advantage .....
As for the idea I think that this feature is so old that it will radically change the plugin and I fear that it wouldn't be for the better. It would be similar to removing airbenders or earthbenders no fall damage passive so yea ...
I find it very use full against torrent users since it allows you to make an escape wile still able to attack as torrent can't be blocked by any firebending move.
Also, what I've also seen happen very common, is that avatars can air blast them selves up and meanwhile charge a fire bending move. Should that get nerfed too, or more likely not because it's the avatar, who has lots of power ofcourse? It just annoys me that combining airblast and any charged fire attack is so powerfull, avatars begin to spam it instead of using more diverse.
In my opinion avatars should only be Op if there is only one per server and that's the admin because he is actually the only one that would care for the balance of the server. If the server has avatar as a purchase item then you have 10 avatars who just abuse avatar state and well most likely spam the basic moves .... but again all this is in my own opinion and it comes from someone that is mainly chi and earth .....

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
It's nothing personal but I do think that you are a bit biased here since your main is air and this was most likely used against you then in your advantage .....
As for the idea I think that this feature is so old that it will radically change the plugin and I fear that it wouldn't be for the better. It would be similar to removing airbenders or earthbenders no fall damage passive so yea ...
I find it very use full against torrent users since it allows you to make an escape wile still able to attack as torrent can't be blocked by any firebending move.

In my opinion avatars should only be Op if there is only one per server and that's the admin because he is actually the only one that would care for the balance of the server. If the server has avatar as a purchase item then you have 10 avatars who just abuse avatar state and well most likely spam the basic moves .... but again all this is in my own opinion and it comes from someone that is mainly chi and earth .....
I'm working on a less op version of avatarstate so that they can have 10 avatars (as example) and it still be somewhat balanced :p

Orion_Solus

Verified Member
I'm working on a less op version of avatarstate so that they can have 10 avatars (as example) and it still be somewhat balanced :p
That would be great man ! In most cases skill isn't necessary for avatars since they really on spamable moves.
"An avatars binds => watermanipulation, airswipe, earthmanipulation, fireblast, firejet, eartharmor, airblast, paralyze (this one really bothers me), avatar state" 99% of the time :p

owlcool

Verified Member
That would be great man ! In most cases skill isn't necessary for avatars since they really on spamable moves.
"An avatars binds => watermanipulation, airswipe, earthmanipulation, fireblast, firejet, eartharmor, airblast, paralyze (this one really bothers me), avatar state" 99% of the time :p
The other 1% is when they don't have avatar state? xD

Sketz

Verified Member
If this gets added, I am never playing fire again. Fire jet is the ONLY way fire is powerful. And that isn't even controversial. Fire doesn't have good defense. Fire isn't even able to use more then one fireblast at once. Combustion seems pretty nerfed compared to the show. Firejet is, and I repeat, The ONLY Excuse I have ever heard to not buffing firebending.
I could argue against this. ekekekekekeekeeke

Last edited:

owlcool

Verified Member
I could argue against this. ekekekekekeekeeke
Try to argue against this.
Waterbending: Never shown that a single waterbender dragged another bender underwater. Never shown bending without being on solid ground, and if they did so it was simply swimming. Waterbenders are overpowered underwater, and this can be changed by making it so that waterbenders have to standing on solid or air blocks. Waterbenders do have their strongest move as an asset, waterarms, and they also have bloodbending if you want to start describing them as overpowered. Has full moon boost in core, and that is as strong as comet by default.

Firebending: Rarely shown a single bender use firejet, and even rarer was a firebender using an attack while firejetting. However, firebending doesn't show common tactics like a barrage of fireballs, so that is a balancing factor to key in on. Only has comet on rpg, and it is as powerful as the full moon by default.

Do you see a bit of difference here? Do you see why fire might stand a little less then water to be debuffed like this?
Do you see a bit of difference here?

Sketz

Verified Member
Try to argue against this.

Do you see a bit of difference here?
Mhm.. There is also a difference In lightning. Many others don't like it. some do. If we update we will just have to suck it up and deal with it.
Unless some developer chooses to make the old default lightning. However, this is about FireJet. Also @jedk1 said he would update his FireJet+ I believe.
So you will be fine, if you don't play servers with firejet+. So I think~

Anyways, even if you quit firebending, the're like what... more than 1,000 benders? I don't think anyone will care. I'm really not trying to be rude.
Even if you want to argue back, about no body caring, I'll just state this now. If I die, no one on pk will ever know, or even if they did, they wouldn't care. big woop. I don't care. because it applies to me as well. No offense, I'm sure most of us can agree, that we're not all that caring once it comes to someones specific needs and wants. This is just my opinion etc.. so yeah. :p

Anyways, Have a good day, I'm gonna try not to argue any further~ :)

paliate

Verified Member
@Orion_Solus
So your saying that everyone that isn't fire is being biased? I actually like playing fire quite alot, Part of my job is making sure things are canon and reasonable, And this is. You may not like it but it's a pretty great suggestion.

As far as me being air goes, I don't think fire's mobility effects me at all so I'm not being biased, I can keep up with them perfectly. But Fly makes valid points that you should be taking into consideration, If not then who's really the biased one?

Moonelight

Verified Member
Also, what I've also seen happen very common, is that avatars can air blast them selves up and meanwhile charge a fire bending move. Should that get nerfed too, or more likely not because it's the avatar, who has lots of power ofcourse? It just annoys me that combining airblast and any charged fire attack is so powerfull, avatars begin to spam it instead of using more diverse.
No, the avatar or whoever isn't in control of where they go after airblasting up, unless they move their WASD keys. So in theory, they are not controlling a move while charging. I know it seems a bit "op", but there isn't much evidence of that being non-canon.

Moonelight

Verified Member

Firebending: Rarely shown a single bender use firejet, and even rarer was a firebender using an attack while firejetting.
This just seems like a rant about how you hate Waterbenders so much because of their advantage in water. If you watch the show, Waterbenders always have had an advantage underwater. Example: In Season 1 Korra boosts herself outside of the water, proving that waterbending is just as doable underneath the surface. That's only a mobility example, but it still gets a point across. If it's water, it's water. I don't see the point in removing the ability to bend inside of water if it is 100% your source of bending.

If you ask me, you're not focusing on what the thread is about. Youre being more offensive (And pissed off) with random facts/opinions that don't even fit into this topic. The charging during firejet is toggle-able, incase you didn't get the memo. And it's not my fault if you're whole fighting style is based off of this technique. Get a new fighting style, deal with it, or simply ignore it. If you really want to argue that you love fire, you will learn all the ways of bending. Cause any true firebender could adapt to this. Not being able to charge moves during fire jet shouldn't even affect you that much. It's one small change, and you're making a huge deal out of it.

Like Liate stated, You may not like it, but it is canon and has plenty of proof to back it up.

EDIT: Also, waterarms isn't even a official move.

Sorin

Verified Member
This just seems like a rant about how you hate Waterbenders so much because of their advantage in water. If you watch the show, Waterbenders always have had an advantage underwater. Example: In Season 1 Korra boosts herself outside of the water, proving that waterbending is just as doable underneath the surface. That's only a mobility example, but it still gets a point across. If it's water, it's water. I don't see the point in removing the ability to bend inside of water if it is 100% your source of bending.

If you ask me, you're not focusing on what the thread is about. Youre being more offensive (And pissed off) with random facts/opinions that don't even fit into this topic. The charging during firejet is toggle-able, incase you didn't get the memo. And it's not my fault if you're whole fighting style is based off of this technique. Get a new fighting style, deal with it, or simply ignore it. If you really want to argue that you love fire, you will learn all the ways of bending. Cause any true firebender could adapt to this. Not being able to charge moves during fire jet shouldn't even affect you that much. It's one small change, and you're making a huge deal out of it.

Like Liate stated, You may not like it, but it is canon and has plenty of proof to back it up.

EDIT: Also, waterarms isn't even a official move.
You tell'em

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Part of my job is making sure things are canon and reasonable, And this is. You may not like it but it's a pretty great suggestion.
I have a question, does this suggestion in your eyes balance the plugin?

paliate

Verified Member
I have a question, does this suggestion in your eyes balance the plugin?
I believe that fire is not looked at closely enough as it should be / as fly as looked at it.
It would also maintain the balance and make firejet more realistic.

But to head on answer your question, I do think that the whole not being able to charge moves on firejet would be a good change to make.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I believe that fire is not looked at closely enough as it should be / as fly as looked at it.
It would also maintain the balance and make firejet more realistic.

But to head on answer your question, I do think that the whole not being able to charge moves on firejet would be a good change to make.
Okay. I do agree with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.