• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Possible Firejet Nerf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hero

Verified Member
Oh good I found this thread. The amount of firebenders aka @owlcool that are complaining that firejet is getting nerfed just shows how much it needs to get nerfed lol.

LeafHD_

Verified Member
I think this is a very realistic suggestion as it would remove this non-canon advantage that fire benders with held. It will now let firebenders focus on their other combos. This is something that should really be delved into, firejet and charging certain moves can make then op in a way.

Hero

Verified Member
I think this is a very realistic suggestion as it would remove this non-canon advantage that fire benders with held. It will now let firebenders focus on their other combos. This is something that should really be delved into, firejet and charging certain moves can make then op in a way.
Yas! I have to fight with a good crazy people on the server I play on........stupid multi-benders. Anyways I noticed how alot of firebenders nowadays just firejet out of the way and charge lightning at the sametime. Or charge at them with wall of fire.

Sorin

Verified Member
Oh good I found this thread. The amount of firebenders aka @owlcool that are complaining that firejet is getting nerfed just shows how much it needs to get nerfed lol.
I couldn't agree more, I don't see why fire benders need to charge a move on a mobility move anyways, A waterbender can't charge torrent on a water wave why should a firebender be able to hold a fireblast on a fire jet?

Hero

Verified Member
I couldn't agree more, I don't see why fire benders need to charge a move on a mobility move anyways, A waterbender can't charge torrent on a water wave why should a firebender be able to hold a fireblast on a fire jet?
IKR! I mean we can waterwave and do left-click moves if you have bottles, but why do firebenders get to firejet and do their most deadly moves without penalty?

Hero

Verified Member
Correction, with good timing, you can.
He means while riding it. You can do it after and I learned that if you shift just as the water disappears, you can speed swim farther. :p I'm a waterbending master!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jk, im decent in my opinion.

LeafHD_

Verified Member
He means while riding it. You can do it after and I learned that if you shift just as the water disappears, you can speed swim farther. :p I'm a waterbending master!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jk, im decent in my opinion.
Oh that is what you mean, :p

Orion_Solus

Verified Member
A waterbender can't charge torrent on a water wave why should a firebender be able to hold a fireblast on a fire jet?
A firebender can't spam fireblast like waterbenders do with watermanipulation (and this is just an example). Not everything should be compared especially fire and water bending which are opposites. People should really stop dragging their element in threads that are dedicated to others. This is a firejet nerf not a waterwave buff.
Beacuse you can't charge a fireball while flying around? Wow that's a lil sad.
No. It's because firebenders couldn't stand their ground against torrent spammers (for example). They doge the first torrent with firejet but when they land and start charging fireblast the second torrent all ready hits them in the face. By the time firejet re-charges they are frozen in a torrent and are forced to use heatcontrol to escape by witch the water bender could have prepared their surroundings for an iceblast and say bye bye to the little firebender.

Note: I do agree with this thread, don't get me wrong, the thing is (as I stated above) firebending should be buffed in a different way to counter this and keep balance.

Moonelight

Verified Member
No. It's because firebenders couldn't stand their ground against torrent spammers (for example). They doge the first torrent with firejet but when they land and start charging fireblast the second torrent all ready hits them in the face. By the time firejet re-charges they are frozen in a torrent and are forced to use heatcontrol to escape by witch the water bender could have prepared their surroundings for an iceblast and say bye bye to the little firebender.
Thats listing a battle in which you don't use fire jet. Any smart firebender would firejet away before the 2nd torrent would hit you, that way you're not forced to use heat control. Charge your fireblast until they get closer in range and release it on them. There's many other ways that a battle can go, and you only mentioned one of them. If the waterbender spams torrent, I'd leave the battle.

There are many styles of fire bending, and adapting to using each of them is a great thing.

Sorin

Verified Member
A firebender can't spam fireblast like waterbenders do with watermanipulation (and this is just an example). Not everything should be compared especially fire and water bending which are opposites. People should really stop dragging their element in threads that are dedicated to others. This is a firejet nerf not a waterwave buff.

Note: I do agree with this thread, don't get me wrong, the thing is (as I stated above) firebending should be buffed in a different way to counter this and keep balance.
Yeah I with you they will need to have a counter buff, But lecturing me on bringing an element into a thread about bending dear lord xD I brought it in to compare them because yeah you can do that If we didn't compare the elements this plugin would be so unbalanced it wouldn't even be funny (actually it'd be hilarious) And as well it is not hard to dodge a torrent at all but i'm guessing you have the worst trouble in the world with it right?, hell the thing only goes 15 blocks? (don't quote me on that i'm not to sure) As well as you have a 4.5 second window between torrents so it really isn't hard to get away unless the waterbender actually knows what they are doing and switch to another move and if the shoot a watermanip it isn't hard to smack them down with fireblast or fire kick and as well as firebenders have combustion and it is great dealing with torrent it knocks the waterbender off balance and does a decent amount of damage at that point you can now use firejet again (depending on the config). So for you to say that firjet + charge is the only thing that protects a firebender, then im sorry to be rude but you must suck with the element. As well as comparing opposite elements gives you insight of how it would play out and as well you compared them so for you to be so bias and such a hypocrite is pretty ridiculous. And saying "firebenders can't stand their ground against torrent spammers" is blown out of the water when there is a "running" to the left or right to dodge it it isn't easy but it is possible. "dragging their element in threads" How hard did you bump your head? Last time I checked that is allowed as well as it provides other points of view and stops you from being bias. So do me a favor and look at it how any other bender would, no other element has that ability to charge while useing a mobility move. "witch the water bender could have prepared their surroundings for an iceblast and say bye bye to the little firebender." OMG you can't be serious dude firebenders aren't defenseless, they have other moves besides firejet and charged fire blast. seriously get your head out of the clouds and stop saying firebenders are unable to handle a waterbender that spams torrents, because we all know that firebenders aren't this weak element that have nothing in their arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.