• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Possible Firejet Nerf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I believe that fire is not looked at closely enough as it should be / as fly as looked at it.
It would also maintain the balance and make firejet more realistic.

But to head on answer your question, I do think that the whole not being able to charge moves on firejet would be a good change to make.
Fly has some fair points, I agree, but if this is going to happen, then some other stuff should be changed as well.

For example, just standing there and spamming fire blasts isn't fun nor does it look good. If charging on firejet will be removed, then fire should get faster attacks I think. Maybe without burn damage? Some type of rapid blasting.

Ay wait.... o-o

owlcool

Verified Member
This just seems like a rant about how you hate Waterbenders so much because of their advantage in water. If you watch the show, Waterbenders always have had an advantage underwater. Example: In Season 1 Korra boosts herself outside of the water, proving that waterbending is just as doable underneath the surface. That's only a mobility example, but it still gets a point across. If it's water, it's water. I don't see the point in removing the ability to bend inside of water if it is 100% your source of bending.

If you ask me, you're not focusing on what the thread is about. Youre being more offensive (And pissed off) with random facts/opinions that don't even fit into this topic. The charging during firejet is toggle-able, incase you didn't get the memo. And it's not my fault if you're whole fighting style is based off of this technique. Get a new fighting style, deal with it, or simply ignore it. If you really want to argue that you love fire, you will learn all the ways of bending. Cause any true firebender could adapt to this. Not being able to charge moves during fire jet shouldn't even affect you that much. It's one small change, and you're making a huge deal out of it.

Like Liate stated, You may not like it, but it is canon and has plenty of proof to back it up.

EDIT: Also, waterarms isn't even a official move.
Edit; Really? I thought it was added to core a while ago. And it isn't that we haven't seen firebenders use moves from a firejet, it is that it was uncommon. The Reason why we shouldn't have offensive bending from underwater is that it was never shown.

Last edited:

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Edit; Really? I thought it was added to core a while ago. And it isn't that we haven't seen firebenders use moves from a firejet, it is that it was uncommon. The Reason why we shouldn't have offensive bending from underwater is that it was never shown.
And you went right back to your point about a completely different topic..

Orion_Solus

Verified Member
So your saying that everyone that isn't fire is being biased?
No I just stated that anyone who has never really seriously played as fire might like the idea more that someone who has and to be honest I am taking a firebenders point of view because at the end of this thread they are getting a nerf.
I don't think fire's mobility effects me
But that also means that people should learn how to deal with it and learn how to combat this strategy.
Fly makes valid points that you should be taking into consideration
Yes he is (I must say that the thread is spot on and is very well written and explained) but this kind of logic would be more RPG related that Core. (bringing legs and arms mechanics in minecraft for example).

Orion_Solus

Verified Member
Fly has some fair points, I agree, but if this is going to happen, then some other stuff should be changed as well.

For example, just standing there and spamming fire blasts isn't fun nor does it look good. If charging on firejet will be removed, then fire should get faster attacks I think. Maybe without burn damage? Some type of rapid blasting.

Ay wait.... o-o
Yes and to further expand on my opinion I think that this (if added) has to come with some sort of firebending buff (as you suggested) to balance out. Maybe some stronger shields ? ( P.S just adding on your idea @finnbon )

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
How about we not ignore the burn damage, pretty powerful lightning, explosion move, and 5 combos that fire has. I don't think it needs a buff with this nerf at the time being.

Orion_Solus

Verified Member
How about we not ignore the burn damage, pretty powerful lightning, explosion move, and 5 combos that fire has. I don't think it needs a buff with this nerf at the time being.
Lightning => Long warm up that limits the benders mobility that you can doge with little effort
Explosion Move => most if not all servers have the explosions off by using WorldGuard
5 Combos => 2 are just some modified firejets
1 that you can doge by moving 1 block
1 that has a very short range
1 that has a delayed start up and that if not used against more that 1 opponent is pretty much point less
The Burn Damage => as much as I hate it Mist said that fire damage is an integral minecraft feature and therefore will most likely not be changed ....

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
It would need a speed buff. Maybe not speed in movement speed, but in attack speed.

paliate

Verified Member
Orion, It is not RPG related at all, The basic idea of the thread does not relate to any event. I've played as fire alot actually and I think I have a basic idea of how it would effect them. It'd also be great for fire to learn some new styles of combat and kindof branch out like every other element has the opportunity to do.

Finn, That is not related to this thread what so ever, if you want to make comments about some sort of rapid fireblast then make another thread.
(If your trying to say that IF this is done you want rapid fireblast to happen then make a thread IF it is done)
Try to stay focused on the main topic at hand here.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Orion, It is not RPG related at all, The basic idea of the thread does not relate to any event. I've played as fire alot actually and I think I have a basic idea of how it would effect them. It'd also be great for fire to learn some new styles of combat and kindof branch out like every other element has the opportunity to do.

Finn, That is not related to this thread what so ever, if you want to make comments about some sort of rapid fireblast then make another thread.
(If your trying to say that IF this is done you want rapid fireblast to happen then make a thread IF it is done)
Try to stay focused on the main topic at hand here.
I am, I am saying that if this speed aspect from fire gets removed, it should get a replacement. One which is cannon.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Lightning => Long warm up that limits the benders mobility that you can doge with little effort
Explosion Move => most if not all servers have the explosions off by using WorldGuard
5 Combos => 2 are just some modified firejets
1 that you can doge by moving 1 block
1 that has a very short range
1 that has a delayed start up and that if not used against more that 1 opponent is pretty much point less
The Burn Damage => as much as I hate it Mist said that fire damage is an integral minecraft feature and therefore will most likely not be changed ....
Pretty much every single reason you listed is modifiable by the config.

paliate

Verified Member
I am, I am saying that if this speed aspect from fire gets removed, it should get a replacement. One which is cannon.
The speed isn't getting removed, You just wouldn't be able to charge moves while on fireblast.
There is no reason for fire to be able to charge moves while firejetting, And there is no reason for them to receive another mobility move (other then fireski which was already created by @jedk1 and wouldn't allow you to charge moves on it anyways since it uses the same body parts that firejet uses).

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
The speed isn't getting removed, You just wouldn't be able to charge moves while on fireblast.
There is no reason for fire to be able to charge moves while firejetting, And there is no reason for them to receive another mobility move (other then fireski which was already created by @jedk1 and wouldn't allow you to charge moves on it anyways since it uses the same body parts that firejet uses).
No no no xD
Im not saying it needs more mobility, but I see this firejet charge tactic as attack speed. If it gets removed, I think it would need to get some attack speed back in a different way.

Orion_Solus

Verified Member
Pretty much every single reason you listed is modifiable by the config.
So then go change it if you find that firebending is too powerful and should only get nerfs. I was explaining to you that you make fire look Op when it is pretty balanced. All the moves stated have disadvantages to them.
Orion, It is not RPG related at all, The basic idea of the thread does not relate to any event.
But RPG is much much more that just some events. It is bringing that extra logic that is present in this thread.

It'd also be great for fire to learn some new styles of combat and kindof branch out like every other element has the opportunity to do.
Ok .... you kind of convinced me here ....

In the end I want just to state that all that I'm asking for is not just give nerfs without adding a buff in order to balance things (and I am speaking for all elements not just fire). So far most if not all elements are balanced and in my opinion this take and give should be present to keep the balance up.

paliate

Verified Member
My only argument is "Canon"
It doesn't really matter if it gets debuffed or not, It's canon and the point of the plugin is to bring the show to minecraft which includes the good and bad.

Core has logic too, RPG is more or less for things based off of the events, If that was not the case then why wouldn't it be called "ProjectKorra-Logic"
There are moves that are regular for Core and then enhanced in an event which would evidently connect the two, either way this is a CORE suggestion by fly's choice so it shall be treated like a CORE suggestion.

owlcool

Verified Member
So, are you going to suggest a counterbuff, bruh? Like maybe faster longer range combustion? How about something like my suggestion of firebarrage?

owlcool

Verified Member
If you wanted to promote your threads all you needed to do was post a status about it
I wasn't promoting my own threads, I was asking for a counter buff. If you are going to ask to debuff the equivalent of making it so that waterbenders can't use offensive and defensive waterbending unless they are touching solid blocks thus to debuff watercamping then I am going to ask for a counterbuff or for the other elements to be balanced out. If I wanted to promote that thread then I would bump it. Rude.

Your argument: Not cannon even though it is balanced.
My argument: Well if we add this then lets add something else, maybe like multiple fireblasts at one time or a combo like that or something similar.

But no, you can't simply understand that. You have to berate me over stating a SINGLE thread.

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
Waterbenders do have their strongest move as an asset, waterarms, and they also have bloodbending if you want to start describing them as overpowered.
You constantly mention waterarms, that isn't a default move and you shouldn't consider it when you're doing suggestions..

Status
Not open for further replies.