• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Possible Firejet Nerf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hero

Verified Member
Because you can answer that right now.
Can you not stop bickering with meh? Its like, uber annoying and you should just leave. You don't even like the idea of not charging on firejet so state your reasons why you dont and leave. Bickering will get you nowhere

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Ugh
Firebenders are super annoying. "You're taking our only way of safely charging moves!" "You are taking 79% of fire's offensive capability!" "Why can air do this but we cant?!"

Would you guys shut up and just deal with it? You have fire ticks and explosive damage. The only reason why you guys are complaining is because you are so freaking lazy and self centered to deal with it. Why don't you start inventing more ways to do thing instead of complaining about something just because of an inconvenient. In case you haven't noticed, the only people who are mad about this leaving are firebenders who regularly use a mobile move.
I hope you realize that unlike in the show, Firebenders can't overwhelm other elements. Infact, it's the other way around without a firejet If you have experience with fire, then you should know this.

Hero

Verified Member
I hope you realize that unlike in the show, Firebenders can't overwhelm other elements. Infact, it's the other way around without a firejet If you have experience with fire, then you should know this.
I dont play fire because fire is boring. And would you stop saying "Without firejet'? We arent getting rid of firejet, we are getting rid of charging moves on it.

Can you actually give reasons on why this shouldn't be added? ALl you are doing is complaining

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I dont play fire because fire is boring. And would you stop saying "Without firejet'? We arent getting rid of firejet, we are getting rid of charging moves on it.

Can you actually give reasons on why this shouldn't be added? ALl you are doing is complaining
Fire is extremely fun and exciting to play IMO, That's just your opinion. Don't state your opinion like a fact because it is not.

And we have been giving many reasons why this shouldn't be added, but you're too egoistic to read them and actually think about them.

SuperBower118

Verified Member

You're turning firejet into a pure mobility move. That effects fire's offensive greatly.

Hero

Verified Member
Fire is extremely fun and exciting to play IMO, That's just your opinion. Don't state your opinion like a fact because it is not.

And we have been giving many reasons why this shouldn't be added, but you're too egoistic to read them and actually think about them.
You're turning firejet into a pure mobility move. That effects fire's offensive greatly.
Its more the other way around. No one but you 2 are actually complaining about it. Owlcool just suggested that its toggle-able and even Fly did. Finn, why dont you learn to state your cause without insulting people. And Super, firejet was supposed to be a mobility move in the first place. Airbenders dont charge stuff on airscooter and water doesnt/cant charge stuff on waterwave. Having someone blazing around in high speeds charging moves like lightning isn't equal and its op.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Its more the other way around. No one but you 2 are actually complaining about it. Owlcool just suggested that its toggle-able and even Fly did. Finn, why dont you learn to state your cause without insulting people. And Super, firejet was supposed to be a mobility move in the first place. Airbenders dont charge stuff on airscooter and water doesnt/cant charge stuff on waterwave. Having someone blazing around in high speeds charging moves like lightning isn't equal and its op.
Lightning can be so unpredictable so I don't see how it's OP. Also, while fire wasn't made to charge on firejet, it's the only way fire can be really effective against the other elements.

Hero

Verified Member
Lightning can be so unpredictable so I don't see how it's OP. Also, while fire wasn't made to charge on firejet, it's the only way fire can be really effective against the other elements.
I seen plenty of people manage without charging on firejet, so you guys just need to stop complaining.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
I seen plenty of people manage without charging on firejet, so you guys just need to stop complaining.
Oh really? Want to know what happens to ME whenever I can't charge on firejet?
Torrent Barrages, EarthBlast Barrages, Airbenders Airswiping, then airblasting up, EarthSmash Spam. WaterManip Spam...
Not sure if you get the hint, but this is why firebenders are pretty much useless without charging on a firejet.

owlcool

Verified Member
I would wish that something like this would be default off, because it seemed more or less even last time I was actually entertained with ProjectKorra.
Now I can't move my mouse while using a button, so I can't exactly win anymore, so I mainly play Hardcore with my hands and Creative with my Feet.
Anyone want to start suggesting half way configurations that would make this firejet debuff less of a debuff, but make that optional alongside both config options?
I mean, there has been 8 pages of bickering on one suggestion that turned into a ingestion for a config option, apparently denied because deemed to much work or impossible, and then revisited.

I know, I am at fault to. But meh. Just blame me and start thinking of ways to implement such a config option.
Maybe charging time could be 3/4 or 1/2 of the normal while firejetting, or it could limit the amount of time the firejet lasts.
Maybe it would be 3/4 on the regular firejet, and 1/2 on the firecombos firejets.
These values should be configurable, and should probably be on a Percent scale using the very decimal place by way of Doubles, if my googling knowledge doesn't betray me.
This would be configurable anyway, but I would prefer it to be default set off.

Last edited:

Sorin

Verified Member
Have to agree with owlcool, this has been all bickering and people being closed minded, I honestly would enjoy having this option. This honestly would be an improvement to fire bending in my opinion(then again opinions don't really matter here do they?), the fact that fire can charge a move doubling its damage while in air and having a small chance of being hit is op, and very unfair towards elements that require a source, I think this is a change project korra should have added a while ago.

promancer

Verified Member
Oh really? Want to know what happens to ME whenever I can't charge on firejet?
Torrent Barrages, EarthBlast Barrages, Airbenders Airswiping, then airblasting up, EarthSmash Spam. WaterManip Spam...
Not sure if you get the hint, but this is why firebenders are pretty much useless without charging on a firejet.
First, your quite biased, and this seems to cloud your reasoning. Every element, I mean every single element, has adapted to nerfs. Air changed its way of fighting to mostly dodging, water comes more on land now, earth can be more rapid in it's attacks. Fire should do the same.

All I've seen from each side of this is opinions hidden behind facts, mostly on fires side of the argument. Canon should only be used as a guideline for what should be suggested and can easily be overwritten by other factors like balancing the elements, usefulness of the suggestion, and the direction the plugin is going.

Now, firejet. Its generally far too useful compared to other elements similar abilities. You control the direction you go constantly compared to Airblast that has no change once you are launched. Or earthsmash which I'm pretty sure is an add on, and can't be used while charging moves. Want to know what happens when air, or water, or earth can't charge moves? They deal with it. The whole point of moves with a warm up is to give a window of time for the opposed to stop the attack. This happens with torrent, and airburst and shockwave. Fire needs this.

Last edited:

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
First, your quite biased, and this seems to cloud your reasoning. Every element, I mean every single element, has adapted to nerfs. Air changed its way of fighting to mostly dodging, water comes more on land now, earth can be more rapid in it's attacks. Fire should do the same.

All I've seen from each side of this is opinions hidden behind facts, mostly on fires side of the argument. Canon should only be used as a guideline for what should be suggested and can easily be overwritten by other factors like balancing the elements, usefulness of the suggestion, and the direction the plugin is going.

Now, firejet. Its generally far too useful compared to other elements similar abilities. You control the direction you go constantly compared to Airblast that has no change once you are launched. Or earthsmash which I'm petty sure is an add on, and can't be used while charging moves. Want to know what happens when air, or water, or earth can't charge moves? They deal with it. The whole point of moves with a warm up is to give a window of time for the opposed to stop the attack. This happens with torrent, and airburst and shockwave. Fire needs this.
EarthSmash is a stock ability.
Water doesnt have any charge moves.
Earth's most powerful charged move (looking at the AoE) can be instantly used by falling.
Air can also simply fall down with anything and then release it.

owlcool

Verified Member
Perhaps the option would specifically have the charge time set at default on both firejets as 100% or 1/1 and make it a config option that way?

Yeah, I do think that it is slightly unfair that Earthbending can do its only charged move by falling, but that would use catapult and put them at risk of falling into a tree and dying.
Maybe we could weaken Airbending's airburst while falling by making it only in a specific direction or making it straight up weaker.

These debuffs are probably needed because as far as I know the four elements are infinitely more powerful than Chi Blocking.

We have all forgotten about the stupidest Element, Chi.
It is unbalanced in a way that it is weak.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I think a good compromis would be an option to set it so when sneaking while using firejet, you can no longer change the direction you are going in. Of course, let thwe haters come that don't agree with this without any specific reason!

promancer

Verified Member
EarthSmash is a stock ability.
Water doesnt have any charge moves.
Earth's most powerful charged move (looking at the AoE) can be instantly used by falling.
Air can also simply fall down with anything and then release it.
Ignores the parts of the argument he can't win, then gets the corrections wrong, then pressures to not notice that fires version of both abilities leaves fire everywhere there is blocks in its radius.

Water does have charge moves btw, torrent counts.

Perhaps the option would specifically have the charge time set at default on both firejets as 100% or 1/1 and make it a config option that way?

Yeah, I do think that it is slightly unfair that Earthbending can do its only charged move by falling, but that would use catapult and put them at risk of falling into a tree and dying.
Maybe we could weaken Airbending's airburst while falling by making it only in a specific direction or making it straight up weaker.

These debuffs are probably needed because as far as I know the four elements are infinitely more powerful than Chi Blocking.

We have all forgotten about the stupidest Element, Chi.
It is unbalanced in a way that it is weak.
Chi isn't an element, it's a fighting style... its suppose to be weak. The first seasons of Tlok were propelled by the fact that benders were way stronger than non benders and they would constantly rob or beat them...

I think a good compromis would be an option to set it so when sneaking while using firejet, you can no longer change the direction you are going in. Of course, let thwe haters come that don't agree with this without any specific reason!
Doesn't change anything, calling anyone that opposes your idea a hater isn't going to make anyone agree with you any faster, and my reasoning is that firejet would then be basically a airblast copy. Firejets main problem is that fire has many charging moves, and all of them can still be used with your suggestion. Air has a SINGLE main damage move and a single main damage combo. Earthsmashs stock ability is completely dependant on cooldowns set. I'm not going to argue when you won't listen to any other points than your own.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Ignores the parts of the argument he can't win, then gets the corrections wrong, then pressures to not notice that fires version of both abilities leaves fire everywhere there is blocks in its radius.

Water does have charge moves btw, torrent counts.

Chi isn't an element, it's a fighting style... its suppose to be weak. The first seasons of Tlok were propelled by the fact that benders were way stronger than non benders and they would constantly rob or beat them...

Doesn't change anything, calling anyone that opposes your idea a hater isn't going to make anyone agree with you any faster, and my reasoning is that firejet would then be basically a airblast copy. Firejets main problem is that fire has many charging moves, and all of them can still be used with your suggestion. Air has a SINGLE main damage move and a single main damage combo. Earthsmashs stock ability is completely dependant on cooldowns set. I'm not going to argue when you won't listen to any other points than your own.
Im just trying to discuss this idea, no need to be rude.

Status
Not open for further replies.