• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Looking Into [NEW] [ELEMENTS] Non-Benders

paliate

Verified Member
Seems like a cool idea, It would take alot of work though.
But it would add some diversity to the options available to choose from, Who knows.

I want to see how the community reacts to this, I'll mark it pending review.

Last edited:

Hero

Verified Member
Seems like a cool idea, It would Take alot of work though.
But it would add some diversity to the options available to choose from, Who knows.

Thank you.

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
May I suggest something? To stop people from running around with diamond swords pulling off this moves maybe they have to use certain type of sword?
Maybe it could be crafted like this:
Sword.PNG
This would be called a Flint Sword, but use the Stone Sword item. It would only have +1 damage, instead of the usual +5. It would also have the same uses as a stone sword, and each ability uses a certain durability up.

Hero

Verified Member
May I suggest something? To stop people from running around with diamond swords pulling off this moves maybe they have to use certain type of sword?
View attachment 1160
This would be called a Flint Sword, but use the Stone Sword item. It would only have +1 damage, instead of the usual +5. It would also have the same uses as a stone sword, and each ability uses a certain durability up.
Yes, thats perfect!

HydroMan

Verified Member
View attachment 1160
The crafting recipe reminded me of Sukko's meteor sword

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
Seems like a cool idea, It would take alot of work though.

Fairly certain there are several other threads with these same ideas or at least very similar ones that never went anywhere...

LeafHD_

Verified Member
Isn't Earth, Fire, Water, Air and Chi enough, I dont see the need for something new unless its a sub element.

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
Isn't Earth, Fire, Water, Air and Chi enough, I dont see the need for something new unless its a sub element.
Calling them elements is a misleading name, just like calling Chi-Blocking an "element". They're not elements, just skills and subsets available to nonbenders. Chi-Blocking would technically be in this same classification.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Calling them elements is a misleading name, just like calling Chi-Blocking an "element". They're not elements, just skills and subsets available to nonbenders. Chi-Blocking would technically be in this same classification.
They are not only available to nonbenders, the techniques can also be used by benders if they learned them. Even though benders typically relied on bending, there is nothing saying they couldn't learn the skills

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
They are not only available to nonbenders, the techniques can also be used by benders if they learned them. Even though benders typically relied on bending, there is nothing saying they couldn't learn the skills
While theoretically possible for benders, making these skills available to benders as well as iffy for having in the plugin, in my opinion. Benders don't usually learn these other styles of fighting except in a few rare cases.
You could make this configurable as to whether or not benders can have access to these skills, but there should still be an incentive to play as a nonbending class.
It's like the argument where Janny said that Benders should be able to learn to Chi-Block. (Basic summary here: ) If benders can learn to do anything that a nonbender can, hardly anybody will be a nonbender, and then the whole rpg-esque multiple classes thing will become less unique.

djmyernos

Verified Member
As far as making non-bending classes available to benders...I just don't think that'd be a great idea. I mean, would you want an earthbender going around paralyzing people with chi and then spamming them with earthblast? Or smacking you with a sword and then throwing lava in your face? True, it could theoretically be accomplished, but I don't think it'd be a good idea.

LeafHD_

Verified Member
I'm not calling chi an element e.e