• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Looking Into [NEW] [ELEMENTS] Non-Benders

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
As far as making non-bending classes available to benders...I just don't think that'd be a great idea. I mean, would you want an earthbender going around paralyzing people with chi and then spamming them with earthblast? Or smacking you with a sword and then throwing lava in your face? True, it could theoretically be accomplished, but I don't think it'd be a good idea.
They will make the classes available to benders as a "True/False" config option most likely.

djmyernos

Verified Member
They will make the classes available to benders as a "True/False" config option most likely.
That makes sense. Leave it up to the admins on the server. Perhaps it could be achieved through donation. Most servers have the option of choosing two elements at the same time through donation. Maybe you could choose a non-bender skill class instead of another element.

Hero

Verified Member
I think it's a great idea. Granted it would probably be best in an RPG server, I think it could be great anywhere. It would add another layer, so to speak, to the plugin.
Vidcom said that this is a core suggestion since im adding new elements.

Hero

Verified Member
As far as making non-bending classes available to benders...I just don't think that'd be a great idea. I mean, would you want an earthbender going around paralyzing people with chi and then spamming them with earthblast? Or smacking you with a sword and then throwing lava in your face? True, it could theoretically be accomplished, but I don't think it'd be a good idea.
Thats why im suggestion it as a completely new thing instead of something you learn. :p

Loony

Verified Member
I don't like this idea at all to be honest.
It doesn't seem at all involved with bending. We already have "non-element benders" which is Chiblockers which was actually seen in the show. Things like Warriors, Ninja's ect doesn't seem at all involved with bending and it sounds like something for another plugin entirely. Something like a kit pvp plugin, with different classes.

I also don't agree that this is for the Core.
By my understanding this is about player's choosing a fighting style rather than an element which would be more role playing.

Hero

Verified Member
I don't like this idea at all to be honest.
It doesn't seem at all involved with bending. We already have "non-element benders" which is Chiblockers which was actually seen in the show. Things like Warriors, Ninja's ect doesn't seem at all involved with bending and it sounds like something for another plugin entirely. Something like a kit pvp plugin, with different classes.

I also don't agree that this is for the Core.
By my understanding this is about player's choosing a fighting style rather than an element which would be more role playing.
I can understand why this sounds like a pvp kit kind of thing, but they have plenty of non elements in the show. June is a bounty hunter, Mai is a ninja to my understand, and Sokkas sword teacher is a sword master. So not only is this canon, but it will give more options to what players want to be. Even though this is more player fighting style oriented, elements also have fighting styles. And Vidcom said this is core because it adds more elements.

kadika661

Verified Member
you have nonbenders (chi blockers) chi blockers r not benders what you need is a jobs plugin or classes plugin
Chi blocking Chi blocking is an ancient technique that has been practiced in secret for centuries.[2] It is a special ability that Ty Lee, and later the Equalists, utilized in combat against their enemies. Blocking someone's chi renders the victim's muscles useless and temporarily disables a bender's abilities. This earned Katara's fear and spite after Ty Lee blocked her chi in Omashu. Chi blocking is mainly used by nonbenders as a way of self-defense or even an attack form.[3]
Method
Chi blocking is utilized by hitting pressure points with quick jabs and punches and must be done rapidly, often giving little time for the recipient to react. Ty Lee hit those pressure points with relatively light jabs using her fingers and knuckles. Even people wearing strong, but not necessarily heavy, armor are not spared from its effects. Any fingers can be used, such as when Ty Lee disabled Katara with her thumb.[6] Ty Lee could also use her feet to disable others' chi flow with a swing of her foot. She used this method to fend off the boys who cornered her in Chan's house.[8]

Although a very useful method of fighting, chi blocking is most effective against an opponent not expecting such a light blow to be so devastating. It is less effective against someone who either knows chi blocking or who has battled a chi blocker in the past. An example of this was seen when Katara successfully dodged Ty Lee's attempts to block her chi after having already faced Ty Lee in an earlier battle.[3][4] Additionally, chi blocking cannot work against an opponent wearing specialized armor like that of the Metalbending Police Force.[14]

Later, when the Equalists demonstrated their ability at such techniques, it did not appear that their victims would become paralyzed like Ty Lee's did. Their blocks were powerful enough that they were able to force Korra and Mako onto the floor, but the two were able to move afterward. This suggests that they could not perform the paralyzing technique that Ty Lee could, as it would have benefited them more to paralyze the two.[12]
Connections
  • Chi blocking resembles the martial arts technique, Dim Mak, which purports to kill or maim by disrupting the body's flow of internal energy.
  • Qigong (氣功) (sometimes spelled Chi Gung), a form of traditional Oriental medicine, uses similar techniques and pressure points to help others' chi flow more easily and is considered a standard medical technique in Chinese hospitals.
  • Chi blocking also has some connections to varma kalai, an ancient martial art of Southern India.

Last edited:

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
you have nonbenders (chi blockers) chi blockers r not benders avatar wikia on Chi blocking Chi blocking is an ancient technique that has been practiced in secret for centuries.[2] It is a special ability that Ty Lee, and later the Equalists, utilized in combat against their enemies. Blocking someone's chi renders the victim's muscles useless and temporarily disables a bender's abilities. This earned Katara's fear and spite after Ty Lee blocked her chi in Omashu. Chi blocking is mainly used by nonbenders as a way of self-defense or even an attack form.[3]
Method
Chi blocking is utilized by hitting pressure points with quick jabs and punches and must be done rapidly, often giving little time for the recipient to react. Ty Lee hit those pressure points with relatively light jabs using her fingers and knuckles. Even people wearing strong, but not necessarily heavy, armor are not spared from its effects. Any fingers can be used, such as when Ty Lee disabled Katara with her thumb.[6] Ty Lee could also use her feet to disable others' chi flow with a swing of her foot. She used this method to fend off the boys who cornered her in Chan's house.[8]

Although a very useful method of fighting, chi blocking is most effective against an opponent not expecting such a light blow to be so devastating. It is less effective against someone who either knows chi blocking or who has battled a chi blocker in the past. An example of this was seen when Katara successfully dodged Ty Lee's attempts to block her chi after having already faced Ty Lee in an earlier battle.[3][4] Additionally, chi blocking cannot work against an opponent wearing specialized armor like that of the Metalbending Police Force.[14]

Later, when the Equalists demonstrated their ability at such techniques, it did not appear that their victims would become paralyzed like Ty Lee's did. Their blocks were powerful enough that they were able to force Korra and Mako onto the floor, but the two were able to move afterward. This suggests that they could not perform the paralyzing technique that Ty Lee could, as it would have benefited them more to paralyze the two.[12]
Connections
  • Chi blocking resembles the martial arts technique, Dim Mak, which purports to kill or maim by disrupting the body's flow of internal energy.
  • Qigong (氣功) (sometimes spelled Chi Gung), a form of traditional Oriental medicine, uses similar techniques and pressure points to help others' chi flow more easily and is considered a standard medical technique in Chinese hospitals.
  • Chi blocking also has some connections to varma kalai, an ancient martial art of Southern India.
what you need is a jobs plugin or classes plugin
PK is a classes plugin. : P

Hero

Verified Member
you have nonbenders (chi blockers) chi blockers r not benders avatar wikia on Chi blocking Chi blocking is an ancient technique that has been practiced in secret for centuries.[2] It is a special ability that Ty Lee, and later the Equalists, utilized in combat against their enemies. Blocking someone's chi renders the victim's muscles useless and temporarily disables a bender's abilities. This earned Katara's fear and spite after Ty Lee blocked her chi in Omashu. Chi blocking is mainly used by nonbenders as a way of self-defense or even an attack form.[3]
Method

Connections
what you need is a jobs plugin or classes plugin
Why did you copy and paste Avatar Wiki.....

Hero

Verified Member
It feels way too much like what chi blocker is supposed to be. Chi blockers should be combo driven, but right now they suck and need a major overhaul.
In that case, ill just rename it to chiblockers and edit it alittle. Thanks for the help, ill say you lart of this suggestion.

kadika661

Verified Member
You say "non bender" but what you have r jobs for 1 Bounty Hunter a earth bender can be a Bounty Hunter y not. Tea maker fire benders make good Tea Doctor to Professor to (jobs plugin!)
edit: here a jobs plugin i tested on 1.8.3 works http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/jobs/
and i made a tea maker job renamed Hunter too Bounty Hunter made too of what you r saying
in idk 5min so you make for your server