• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Minecraft's EULA

Would selling extra elements go against Minecraft's EULA?

• Yes

Votes: 15 57.7%
  • No

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Unsure

Votes: 6 23.1%

• Total voters

xDizasterCYx

Verified Member
Hmmm I have no idea how does Mojang sees this but if they blacklist a bending server then they need to give them a really powerful appeal that will work.

Sshawarma

Verified Member
A language is not more difficult than another in my opinion, i think i depends upon on'es background and what they already know. A Japanese person can pick up on Chinese quickly, an English person can pick up on German quickly. It depends on who you are and where you are from.

Sshawarma

Verified Member
Since all elements are balanced (o_O), and one person does not get an advantage over another, as well as the fact that you are not selling in-game items, i think that it complies with EULA. Also, the code for project korra is not mojang's, so you are not selling anything they coded, i think it complies. HOWEVER, if you sell the ABILITY to use bending, i think that is against the EULA, as it gives one player an advantage over another, and is therefore not compliant with EULA. I believe this is what the server GOTPVP (i don't play on it, im an hpixel person) blacklisted, bcs they were selling in game items, and it was very p2w.

EDIT: When i say ability to use bending i mean being able to bend in general.

EDIT #2: Changed my decision, selling elements is selling a gameplay mechanic, which is against EULA.

Last edited:

Jackson

Staff member
Digital Team
Verified Member
So can someone send me a link to the EULA? Because I see like 50 different documentation files and links for the EULA. I want to see if we are all talking about the same one before I give my full opinion.

Matt

Verified Member
This honestly depends on how you sell them. You could be cheaty and have to click a sign and have a specific prefix to gain permissions to the new element or perks, (of course you would sell the prefix and say that it is cosmetic)

Sshawarma

Verified Member
In the end, if your server is P2W, then you are breaking the EULA, end of story. If you are selling content that changes the gameplay and is not cosmetic, then it is also against the EULA.

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
I feel like I've said this so many times now. But the EULA says you can't sell thing that change the normal game play. If you sell extra elements for use in an arena, that does not break the EULA as you don't have to play in an arena as part of the game. If elements are sold for survival, then it is against the EULA.

Jackson

Staff member
Digital Team
Verified Member
From what I've read of the EULA from the link provided, I agree with Pickle. The EULA means anything that effects or changes gameplay. That means anything that messes with survival or anything that messes with things that are related to normal Minecraft, not plugins. For example, if you have a plotme world, you can sell plotme permissions such as more than one plot. It doesn't mess with normal vanilla Minecraft. If you were to sell gamemode though, that's a whole nother story.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
If you read the EULA Q&A here you will read that the Minecraft EULA applies to anything that effects game-play on servers. An example in the text, you cannot sell kits if they give unfair advantages. The kits must be purely cosmetic. I think Mojang would say that you cannot sell elements for hard currency because not every player would have access to this advantage.

Advantages being:​
  • Speed Boost​
  • Jump Boost​
  • No Fall Damage​
  • No Fall Damage on certain blocks​
  • Swim Faster​
  • And any other advantageous effect over other players​
These effects would be considered unfair advantages if purchasable. You can, however, sell elements for soft currency all you want. The soft currency is clearly stated to not be relevant to the Minecraft EULA. Selling elements for arenas would conflict and selling them for survival would conflict. We, again, fall into the unfair advantages. If you just purchased the rank for an element with hard currency then bought the actual element for soft currency, that'd be neat. But you cannot sell elements for hard currency on your server.

Last edited:

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
I think Mojang would say that you cannot sell elements for hard currency because not every player would have access to this advantage.
If that advantage exists in arenas, and only arenas, an aspect of the game which you aren't forced into by default it'd be okay.

U

UnlitedOwns

If that advantage exists in arenas, and only arenas, an aspect of the game which you aren't forced into by default it'd be okay.
I'd have to disagree with you on that. Even though the user is not forced to participate in the arenas, you are allowing players that pay to have an advantage over those that choose not to within the game play your server provides. Therefore it'd be considered against the EULA and thus not allowed.

You could see it as selling a specific kit for Survival Games only to those that choose to pay for it with real money. Surely it's limited to only to the Survival Games arenas, but the game play in there is changed in such a way that those that pay do get an unfair advantage compared to the other players.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
What about regarding with only wilderness that advantage includes? And you wouldn't be forced into there by default too

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
That still would make no god damn sense to allow pay2win in arenas and not survival. You aren't forced to play in wilderness too, so I don't know why they wouldn't applied this rule in arena gameplay.

U

UnlitedOwns

That still would make no god damn sense to allow pay2win in arenas and not survival. You aren't forced to play in wilderness too, so I don't know why they wouldn't applied this rule in arena gameplay.
I think you misunderstood me. I am saying that it is NOT allowed in Arenas nor in the Survival. Jackson and Pickle9775 were saying that this was allowed in arenas as you were not forced in to it, however this statement is incorrect in accordance with the EULA.