• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Minecraft's EULA

Would selling extra elements go against Minecraft's EULA?

• Yes

Votes: 15 57.7%
  • No

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Unsure

Votes: 6 23.1%

• Total voters

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Mojang stated that is is ok to have a premium area of your server that you must pay to enter. But this area must be it's own server. You can have you main server but to have a premium area it must be separate. Perks of that premium area, that are paid for, must NOT carry over into the global server. Unless this arena was a separate server that you have to pay to enter, it cannot be done because it would violate the EULA. It is true that you do not have to enter the arena. It is a choice. But either way you are still giving people who are willing to pay an advantage over people who are not willing to pay. You are allowed to sell cosmetic items for hard currency. Elements are not cosmetic. You could sell moves that are cosmetic. For example, Christmas Blast does no damage or give any boost that is restricted to one player. Christmas Blast could be sold because it is purely cosmetic and they boosts that it gives could be given to any player by blasting them with it.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Correct. In every 1 server, advantages must be obtainable for everyone. So you can pay for access to a server but once you are on the server everyone has access to the same advantages. It isn't really pay to win though. You are just paying for access to the server rather than paying for an item. And advantages in this premium server cannot carry over to your global server.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
If that advantage exists in arenas, and only arenas, an aspect of the game which you aren't forced into by default it'd be okay.
This is false. Because if you allow the option to pay for access to multiple elements then you are still giving donators a PvP advantage over other players. Just because it is only in the arena world does not make it any different. If the arena world was on a separate server that you had to pay access to and everyone that was on this "premium" server had access to all elements, that'd be different. But being able to buy multiple elements for yourself or any 1 person is giving an unfair advantage, even if it is only for 1 world.

pfm2001

Verified Member
Yea, that link has been posted a couple times in this thread. So far it hasn't helped anyone understand any better xD
Forgive me.

From what I understand, unless everyone is given that element after someone pays, it will be against the EULA.

So, in essence:

If it's not cosmetic, it's against the EULA.

Sshawarma

Verified Member
Can I charge access to a specific part of my server, such as a minigame or world?
No, you cannot charge for any part of a server. Only the access. Once on a server, all players must have the same gameplay privileges. You may make a different server which features “premium” areas, and charge for access to that server instead, but the benefits cannot carry between servers.

Players must not have to pay for something to gain access to it. Players can only pay to gain access to a server (as a whole). Players must be able to at some point have all the same perks (meaning through soft currency/gameplay they can all attain the same things at some point). Hard currency items or abilities that are not cosmetic/ranks are not allowed to be sold.

Your Welcome :D

IIManosII

Verified Member
In my opinion Bending does not apply on EULA... Because I am just a waterbender, yet I can beat people with ALL elements or any special ranks. I don't find this unfair in any way.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
1 persons skill does not determine what everyone has access to. Bending CAN violate the EULA if elements are sold to players for real-world money. If a player would to buy an element, or multiple, they would have an unfair "boost" in the game. Each element comes with it's own passive booster that is against the EULA if sold for real-world money.

U

UnlitedOwns

I believe this thread should be locked with a clear post to some of the bigger points made in the duration of this thread. Most of these newer points are either mentioned before by somebody else or already answered somewhere along the way.

I'm not sure if it'd be possible to request a lock, but I think it'll save a great deal of going back and forth with the same arguments.

Sshawarma

Verified Member
Players must not have to pay for something to gain access to it. Players can only pay to gain access to a server (as a whole). Players must be able to at some point have all the same perks (meaning through soft currency/gameplay they can all attain the same things at some point). Hard currency items or abilities that are not cosmetic/ranks are not allowed to be sold.

lock thread :p