• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied lavamanipulation (rethought)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorin

Verified Member
Instead of straight up denying. Explain to us why water and lava are different. I'm pretty sure waterbending came before lavabending, because lava is a liquid there's no doubt that bending it has some waterbending philosophies. Much like lightning using water's.

Whether you respond to this or not, heck I hope you don't, you made some nice claims. But you didn't even back any of them up. Instead you continued to tell us that it's wrong. You sir, do a fine job defending a point.
Actually i used his "proof" to back them :) but everyone else that has posted thinks the same, But if you must, Water is circular sweeping sweeping style wille lava is a punch and front snap kick method thus being how are they in any way similar? But if you must be sarcastic about my points, think how this would unbalance the elements if it where to be added.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Actually i used his "proof" to back them :) but everyone else that has posted thinks the same, But if you must, Water is circular sweeping sweeping style wille lava is a punch and front snap kick method thus being how are they in any way similar? But if you must be sarcastic about my points, think how this would unbalance the elements if it where to be added.
More than flight, new lightning, and wall damage has?

Of Light Rain

Verified Member
Lol, welcome back to the thread you unwatched.

So I went through the first bit of the video White provided. I saw more waterbending motions from Ghazan than the actual waterbender.

And yet, you claim that you redirected White's proof agains him. Please explain in copious detail how you did that. Because it looks to me like you're just spouting nonsense and spewing hate.

#puns

Of Light Rain

Verified Member
Once again. I was watching it and saw some actual waterbending technique. I get the feeling you didn't watch the video. And if you did, you're purposely denying the facts.

I'm a waterbender at heart, I study it like it's a religion. I know when someone is using waterbending techniques and when they aren't. While not pure waterbending, it is definitely influenced. Therefore, similar to waterbending while not actual waterbending.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Now this post confuses me...
I meant that this one move will unbalance the elements more than flight, new lightning, and wall damage has? Earth is a little underpowered atm because of these three aspects. And then there is Kiams suggestion about water sources which is a shoe in for the plugin. Earth needs a serious game changer to rebalance what has already been unbalanced

Sorin

Verified Member
Lol, welcome back to the thread you unwatched.

So I went through the first bit of the video White provided. I saw more waterbending motions from Ghazan than the actual waterbender.

And yet, you claim that you redirected White's proof agains him. Please explain in copious detail how you did that. Because it looks to me like you're just spouting nonsense and spewing hate.

#puns

EDIT: Still looking at the proof White provided. Expect more from me x3
Dude he literaly did nothing to resemble a water bender and also you didn't answer my question at all yet you still spew non sense and the only reason you and him are the only ones to see "water bender movements" is because your bias and taking sides and if you read the whole post then you would realize what a bigot you look like and the way i used it against him ming hua punched inturn making her style like a lavabender the earthbenders punched making them look like their style is similar to lava oh crap the firebender punches too? ah fuck now we have all the bending style's dull as all hell, @finnbon What do you think of this whole thread and water and lava having a similar style, they are different for a reason just cuz they have 1 or 2 movements that are the same doesn't make the style similar that's like saying a chocolate bar and sourpatch kids are the same due to the point they are both sweet it's idiotic and just not thought through, now we have this whole flame war because he want's to upset the balance between each element with this "lava maipulation" but firebenders punch so do waterbenders do they share styles? no.

Sorin

Verified Member
I meant that this one move will unbalance the elements more than flight, new lightning, and wall damage has? Earth is a little underpowered atm because of these three aspects. And then there is Kiams suggestion about water sources which is a shoe in for the plugin. Earth needs a serious game changer to rebalance what has already been unbalanced
This would unbalance more but i see where you are comin from i do agree we need something but dot go off a style from another bending

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Dude he literaly did nothing to resemble a water bender and also you didn't answer my question at all yet you still spew non sense and the only reason you and him are the only ones to see "water bender movements" is because your bias and taking sides and if you read the whole post then you would realize what a bigot you look like and the way i used it against him ming hua punched inturn making her style like a lavabender the earthbenders punched making them look like their style is similar to lava oh crap the firebender punches too? ah fuck now we have all the bending style's dull as all hell, @finnbon What do you think of this whole thread and water and lava having a similar style, they are different for a reason just cuz they have 1 or 2 movements that are the same doesn't make the style similar that's like saying a chocolate bar and sourpatch kids are the same due to the point they are both sweet it's idiotic and just not thought through, now we have this whole flame war because he want's to upset the balance between each element with this "lava maipulation" but firebenders punch so do waterbenders do they share styles? no.
Finn agrees with me XD we sort of talked about it in skype, but you can ask if you want.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I have him on skype but whatever i could care less whats added to this plugin anymore stupid suggestions like these ruin it.
Stupid? You have failed to give a good reason why it's stupid, and you've spent have the thread arguing that lavabending isnt similar to waterbending when that one thing was just barely mentioned in the original post.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Yea I agree, lava and water are similar, lavabenders are just bending something heavier, which makes it look a LITTLE bit different. But it's still similar in my opinion.

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
1. Lava is too an element, it is just a sub-element. Based on what you said, then earth, fire, water, and air are not elements either since they are just "the art to manipulate whatever the element is".
2. Same response as number 1.
3. Lava is fluid like water, just not naturally as fast, but can be just as fast as seen by the lavabenders on the show.
If anything, it is your argument that is invalid.
LavaBENDING isn't an Element. It is the art to manipulate the sub Element of Earth, Lava.

Lava isn't an Element. It is a SUBELEMENT

If it isn't as fast as water, it isn't as fluid as water.

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
I think you're getting a lot of negative responses because you suggested and idea of yours that already got denied with only minor changes.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
LavaBENDING isn't an Element. It is the art to manipulate the sub Element of Earth, Lava.

Lava isn't an Element. It is a SUBELEMENT

If it isn't as fast as water, it isn't as fluid as water.
Element is still in the word sub-element.

And I never said lava was as fluid as water, I said it was fluid LIKE lava

KingKamikaze21

Verified Member
In my own opinion, water and lava both have completely natures. I think I understand what White Knight is saying, but honestly I think the only thing lava and water have is that both are liquid. Lava is thick, heavy, highly viscous and flows slowly. Water being the opposite with its fast movements and ability to move through just about any porous surface. Water and earth in my own opinion do indeed share very similar fundamentals in terms of phase changing (besides earth having an gas form, unless you count sand) and they do have SIMILAR movements; but I don't think they can be bent in the exact same way. Water flows alot faster and easier than lava can, allowing it to be streamed, pressurized, and shaped to the user's desire. Lava (as far as we know) CAN be streamed, but in a much slower and less aggressive way. I also want to add me fact that lava is indeed heavier than water, restricting it from sharp turns and angles (I assume). In a conclusion (sorry if it's confusing just sorta thinking as I go) I'll have to say that while water and lava are bent similar, the properties and nature in which lava works restricts it from being ENTIRELY like Waterbending. It's funny cause ice bending and earth bending share my same argument, just because they are the same state doesn't mean they share the properties to make them clones.

KingKamikaze21

Verified Member
In my own opinion, water and lava both have completely natures. I think I understand what White Knight is saying, but honestly I think the only thing lava and water have is that both are liquid. Lava is thick, heavy, highly viscous and flows slowly. Water being the opposite with its fast movements and ability to move through just about any porous surface. Water and earth in my own opinion do indeed share very similar fundamentals in terms of phase changing (besides earth having an gas form, unless you count sand) and they do have SIMILAR movements; but I don't think they can be bent in the exact same way. Water flows alot faster and easier than lava can, allowing it to be streamed, pressurized, and shaped to the user's desire. Lava (as far as we know) CAN be streamed, but in a much slower and less aggressive way. I also want to add me fact that lava is indeed heavier than water, restricting it from sharp turns and angles (I assume). In a conclusion (sorry if it's confusing just sorta thinking as I go) I'll have to say that while water and lava are bent similar, the properties and nature in which lava works restricts it from being ENTIRELY like Waterbending. It's funny cause ice bending and earth bending share my same argument, just because they are the same state doesn't mean they share the properties to make them clones.
I mumbled too much in that, what I'm mainly trying to say is that even with the same state of matter, the properties and natures of both bending are different, preventing them from being clones of each other. The same thing can be said with ice bending and earth bending

Status
Not open for further replies.