• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied lavamanipulation (rethought)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
So after the first thread for this was denied, I began to rethink it. I think what I have come up with is more favorable than the last thread. So suggestion:

1. This will require a source of lava and won't be able to use earthbendable blocks as a source, hence the name lavamanipulation.

2. Just as a note, this will incorporate some ideas of waterbending purely because of the fact that lavabending and waterbending are similar in style.

3. First part of the move. Just like regular Watermanipulation, if you shift at lava then click, it will fire a lava blast at where you clicked. This blast cannot be redirected, but it can be "blocked". By "blocked", I mean like how in the show, Bolin was able to stop lava in its track, when he was new to lavabending. To block it you would shift at the blast. The suggested selected source and such could be applied here as Bolin and ghazan both lavabent with looking at lava at times.

4. The only other thing I would see this move doing is if a player sneaks will looking at lava, the lava will go in a curved path away from the lavabender in the direction they are looking and just follow the ground until it reached its max range, say 7 blocks.

I really hope this is better, I made it a lot less of in so many ways. Thanks for reading!

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Pretty cool idea but that's basically no different than lavathrow, just with the blocking part different range
A. Lavathrow requires you to be on the other side of the lava source you are shooting from. And it also limits your shots, this would use the source until it runs out or the player is killed.

B. This incorporates a "wave" function.

Of Light Rain

Verified Member
While I would love any new additions to lava-bending... I just don't think this would work.

It doesn't seem to fit the style of the other lava-bending moves out there.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
While I would love any new additions to lava-bending... I just don't think this would work.

It doesn't seem to fit the style of the other lava-bending moves out there.
Well it doesn't have to fit the style of other moves, lavabending is a very fluid element just like water and so there are plenty of possibilities

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Lavabending is not fluid t.t.
I have explained to others that
water is fluid
and lava is like honey. it's just too thick and heavy to bend around like water, so it has a completely different style of its own.
Actually Bolin and Ghazan bent it around pretty easily a lot like water. And they blocked lava a lot like waterbenders would. Lava is fluid.

Joeri

Verified Member
Actually Bolin and Ghazan bent it around pretty easily a lot like water. And they blocked lava a lot like waterbenders would. Lava is fluid.
Lava may seem fluid but it's not, It's way slower and requires more effort to bend since its thicker. Lava is more of a throw, block element, and water more of a redirect, curve and manipulate element

chazpants

Verified Member
Lavabending is not fluid t.t.
I have explained to others that
water is fluid
and lava is like honey. it's just too thick and heavy to bend around like water, so it has a completely different style of its own.
Lava is liquid rock it would be cool to mix a earth and water style to create a new style.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Lava may seem fluid but it's not, It's way slower and requires more effort to bend since its thicker. Lava is more of a throw, block element, and water more of a redirect, curve and manipulate element
Did you see Bolin or Ghazan have any real trouble with bending it? Because I didn't. The made waves. Fire shots like Watermanipulation, blocked lava attacks just like they would water.

Joeri

Verified Member
Did you see Bolin or Ghazan have any real trouble with bending it? Because I didn't. The made waves. Fire shots like Watermanipulation, blocked lava attacks just like they would water.
It's not having trouble bending it, lava is thicker then water, lava is slower and less fluid

In the fight ghazan vs bolin you didnt see them redirect and manipulate water like waterbenders. They didnt redirect, only blocking

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
It's not having trouble bending it, lava is thicker then water, lava is slower and less fluid

In the fight ghazan vs bolin you didnt see them redirect and manipulate water like waterbenders. They didnt redirect, only blocking
Ok I know. I never suggested them being able to redirect it.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
No, but you did say that water and lava are similar style

Just cuz they are liquids doesnt directly make them the same sort of style :p
Ok, they are a very similar style just because of the way they can be controlled. There is going to be a lavabender at some point that will be able to redirect lava. Even if we don't see them, there will be one. And also there are a lot of similarities in the way the two bendings were used.

paliate

Verified Member
I feel like if it was denied theres no point in re suggesting
the same thing over and over.
If it was canon,a good idea, and logical it would have been done already.
Maybe this would suit as a addon ability more then a default one.

And i agree with these aswell:
Lava is liquid rock it would be cool to mix a earth and water style to create a new style.
lava is thicker then water, lava is slower and less fluid

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I feel like if it was denied theres no point in re suggesting
the same thing over and over.
If it was canon,a good idea, and logical it would have been done already.
Maybe this would suit as a addon ability more then a default one.

And i agree with these aswell:
I didn't resuggest the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.