• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied lavamanipulation (rethought)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TehPandaKing

Verified Member
Thanks for pointing out that the name is the same. :)
Just because you rethink an idea, doesn't make it a good idea. What you are trying to suggest is not a good idea. It is basically a copy of watermanipulation onto lavabenders. (which by the way, there is no lavabender that can pick up a blob of lava and shoot it around that fast, while maintaining the direction and velocity of the projectile)-- To put that in other words, lava and water are two different things that shouldn't be mixed. Or your suggestion turns into obsidian.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Just because you rethink an idea, doesn't make it a good idea. What you are trying to suggest is not a good idea. It is basically a copy of watermanipulation onto lavabenders. (which by the way, there is no lavabender that can pick up a blob of lava and shoot it around that fast, while maintaining the direction and velocity of the projectile)-- To put that in other words, lava and water are two different things that shouldn't be mixed. Or your suggestion turns into obsidian.

Oh look. Lava being thrown fast with the direction being changed. Hmmmm.

TehPandaKing

Verified Member

Those are two small streams of lava being thrown. Let me remind you that each block in minecraft is 1x1 meter.
Ok. Back to science class. Newton's second law is F= M x A ( To elaborate, If the force exerted on an object is constant, and the mass increases, therefore the acceleration of the object must decrease. If the mass of an object decreases, then the acceleration the object must increase.Those streams are surely not equal to the mass of a cubic meter of lava. That is why bolin can accelerate them much easier.

-- The mass of water is lower than the mass of lava , therefore it can be accelerated with much less force and is more fluid in combat*
-- The opposite is true for lava, it is much more difficult to accelerate.
Thoughts?

Joeri

Verified Member

Ahaha yes, u put that in perfect words "thrown"

Manipulating is something entirely different
"With the direction being changed" He didnt change direction of the lava shots mid air like a waterbender

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Ahaha yes, u put that in perfect words "thrown"

Manipulating is something entirely different
"With the direction being changed" He didnt change direction of the lava shots mid air like a waterbender
Actually with that gif I was proving that lavabending can be fast, and in fact the direction did change, if you see - it curves. Now you are going to say this is because of gravity, but he manipulated it directly to make it go towards ghazan. He made it go down much faster than gravity would. I have more to say but need to get on my laptop to do so as my phone is about to die. I'll continue this into another post

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Those are two small streams of lava being thrown. Let me remind you that each block in minecraft is 1x1 meter.
Ok. Back to science class. Newton's second law is F= M x A ( To elaborate, If the force exerted on an object is constant, and the mass increases, therefore the acceleration of the object must decrease. If the mass of an object decreases, then the acceleration the object must increase.Those streams are surely not equal to the mass of a cubic meter of lava. That is why bolin can accelerate them much easier.
A: bringing science into bending yields limited results as bending itself is fictional, and we are putting into this game. I understand it, but it just doesn't work so well.
B: The streams are much longer than 1 meter so the mass wouldn't be substantially different, just more spaced out.

Basically I was just using the gif to prove that lava can be thrown fast, and manipulated when needed.

TehPandaKing

Verified Member
That doesn't make it the equivalent of waterbending.
--Although bending is fictional, it also includes a few truths. Lavabending is just an entirely different style from waterbending, and there's no way that a watermanipulation copy that doesn't even make sense for lavabending, to be added to core .-.
It seems like a good addon move to screw around with though!

Joeri

Verified Member
Actually with that gif I was proving that lavabending can be fast, and in fact the direction did change, if you see - it curves. Now you are going to say this is because of gravity, but he manipulated it directly to make it go towards ghazan. He made it go down much faster than gravity would. I have more to say but need to get on my laptop to do so as my phone is about to die. I'll continue this into another post
It was fast because they were small streams, and no he didn't redirect them. He just choose a landing position and fired them, he didn't redirect anything when ghazan avoided them unlike waterbenders can

Sorin

Verified Member
Water is so so so so much more different from lava like if you are gonna say water and lava are the same style why not say air and earth are the same style, like if you even understood, but I see what your geting at, but water is manipulated at the target then sometimes held and redirected it isn't "thrown" look here it also is forcefully curved

So saying that this:

is like this:

You must be joking right? you don't "manipulate lava" you change the state of the earth and shoot/throw it.

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
Water is the Element of change.
Chaaaaaaaaaanggggeeeeee.
Earth is the Element of substance.
Suuuuuubssssstaaaaaanceeeee.
What is havier? A cup of water or a cup of lava?...
What is the water made? Water.
What is the lava made? Rock aka dirt aka sand aka stone aka melted obsidian aka EARTH.
If we would go by similarity, why are Firebending and Airbending's martial arts that were inspired different? Remind me how did Bolin learnt how to Lavabend. Did we just changed the direction of the lava wave? No. He pushed it. Let's see more examples.
Book 4.
Battle at Republic City.
Republic City vs. Earth Empire.
Does Bolin flowes lava onto Colossus feet? He slaps the ground.

Different Elements, different styles. Don't mix up, please.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Water is the Element of change.
Chaaaaaaaaaanggggeeeeee.
Earth is the Element of substance.
Suuuuuubssssstaaaaaanceeeee.
What is havier? A cup of water or a cup of water or a cup of lava?
What is the water made? Water.
What is the lava made? Rock aka dirt aka sand aka stone aka melted obsidian aka EARTH.
If we would go by similarity, why are Firebending and Airbending's martial arts that were inspired different? Remind me how did Bolin learnt how to Lavabend. Did we just changed the direction of the lava wave? No. He pushed it. Let's see more examples.
Book 4.
Battle at Republic City.
Republic City vs. Earth Empire.
Does Bolin flowes lava onto Colossus feet? He slaps the ground.

Different Elements, different styles. Don't mix up, please.
Half your post didn't really make sense. And a cup really wouldn't be able to hold lava..

Joeri

Verified Member
Water is so so so so much more different from lava like if you are gonna say water and lava are the same style why not say air and earth are the same style, like if you even understood, but I see what your geting at, but water is manipulated at the target then sometimes held and redirected it isn't "thrown" look here it also is forcefully curved

So saying that this:

is like this:

You must be joking right? you don't "manipulate lava" you change the state of the earth and shoot/throw it.
That's what i was trying to explain this whole time xD ty

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member

So saying that this:

is like this:

I never once said that lavabending was like waterbending, all I said was that they are similar in style because they are both liquids being bent.

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
The use of earth in a liquid state turns this bending into something closer to waterbending, requiring more fluid movements and allowing a more supple combat style. Due to its own nature, lava can spread and cause more damage when left unattended. On the other hand, this would mix up both liquids, since the only difference between them would only be the material being used.
(let true be said, I would love to see an in-show Lava vs Waterbender duel!)

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I would like to state that I do not believe that lavabending and waterbending have the same style. But because they are both liquids, they would have a similar way of being bent. Their are a few differences in the styles of lava and waterbending:
-Lava was never redirected like water was, but instead was blocked.
-Lava is more dangerous than waterbending

Sorin

Verified Member
I would like to state that I do not believe that lavabending and waterbending have the same style. But because they are both liquids, they would have a similar way of being bent. Their are a few differences in the styles of lava and waterbending:
-Lava was never redirected like water was, but instead was blocked.
-Lava is more dangerous than waterbending
Water can be bent to cut rocks in half.... Again how is that not dangerous? waterbending is a real deadly style for Christs sake bloodbenders can just dip you in lava and hold you there tell you burn and die. in leathalness all bending styles are equal seriously stop treating elements as if they are bent in a similar style they are different for a reason sure some of the movements look the same but that's like saying ninjitsue is like kung fu just cuz they are both martial arts.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Water can be bent to cut rocks in half.... Again how is that not dangerous? waterbending is a real deadly style for Christs sake bloodbenders can just dip you in lava and hold you there tell you burn and die. in leathalness all bending styles are equal
I was talking about how lavabending is the most dangerous element to the user. It has the most potential to backfire. Combustion is up there with it, but you saw what Ghazan did to the Air Temple and spiritual cave place. I think with those two incidents in mind, it's safe to say lava is the most dangerous.
seriously stop treating elements as if they are bent in a similar style they are different for a reason sure some of the movements look the same but that's like saying ninjitsue is like kung fu just cuz they are both martial arts.
Well, I don't know much of either Kung-Fu or Ninjitsu, but it is only logical that if they both use a same type of form, then they have similar styles. The only thing at the moment in the show linking lavabending and waterbending is the fact that they are the only two liquids frequently bent. Sure mudbending is in there, just not often enough to be properly considered.

Status
Not open for further replies.